“Don't do it” 1 of 5 bubbles

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Don't do it”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

Arrived at the hotel at around 6pm and tried to check in they took my information and told me the room would not be ready for an hour. When we reached the lobby there was a lot of people with there bags in the lobby. But let me continue with this ship wreck I returned in an hour and again was told it would hopefuly be in another hour because they only had two housekeepers. So we sat and waited and began talking to the other people in the lobby who also were waiting for rooms. So again after the hour for the third time returned to the desk and was told it would be another hour. At that point at 9pm called and found rooms at different hotel and asked for my money back. They say the never charged my card and wouldn't charge it but there is a charge on my card so we will see if I get my money back. so please choose another hotel.

Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Highland, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012

I have been coming to Resorts for over 20 Years and used to arrange a Major Group Function there. I was a paramount top player and was able to enjoy my weekends on a Comp Visit..
( Spending A lot of Cash) I was definetly not treated like I normally was in the past. Service level seemed down, I was bumped from my Paramount card to a Premier card because I had not been there in several months.. Defintely felt Rejected in all avenues of my stay. Room Downgraded, No Service.. Bascially Sucked. I guess they only care about How Much you spend and not how long you have been coming to their facility. Be Back in AC in Sept but I will NOT be staying at Resorts.. I will find another Hotel to Ramp my Comp and get new status!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mike H
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

We checked in on Friday night room was disgustingly dirty. The carpets looked like someone puked all over the floor, the table wasn't cleaned, hair on the toilet seat, and etc. We didn't even want to touch anything. Called the front desk and after 20 minutes of "hold ons" and redirecting me back to the original person I finally went downstairs. I spoke with Joesph the front desk manager and he gave us and upgraded room transfer and 100 dollar comp for food or drinks and a apology. Go back up stairs our keys didn't work, called from a house phone and told to come back stairs to pick up new keys. Are you serious?! So went back down got the keys and room was a little better (as far as cleanliness). The furniture is really nice. The best part of our stay was Glida our housekeeper. She had an exceptional personality and a people pleaser. She should be working at the front desk. She had a smile on her face and asked if everything was ok with our room. The front desk staff with te exception of Rita, acted like we were bothering them upon check in. Try having your staff smile and be personable. I hope jimmy Buffett knows the level of service and cleanliness this hotel is offering before he puts margarita ville in there.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sumdumgurl
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here in August 2011 and our stay was acceptable. So much so, we decided to book another two nights this year. Unfortunately, it was a different experience.

Pros:
-Great location
-Reasonable price
-Room service (including a huge bfast!)
-Massive sized room (we were in the Rendezvous tower)
-The huge tiled walk-in shower was awesome, not to mention the entire bathroom. Loved it!
-They allowed us to check in early - 1pm instead of 4pm

Cons:
-Shower head was just, eh.
-Difficult to find coffee after 6pm.
-Beds were hard
-The vent above the one double bed carried the voices of another rooms occupants directly into our room, which woke me up in the middle of the night for both nights stay.
-You cannot use a luggage cart unless you use their bellhop service. Really??? So if you want to self park, you have to drive your vehicle to the front of the building, have the bellhop help you and then go park your car. And if you arrived earlier than check in and previously paid the $5 to park before you checked in, you'll need a voucher from yet another desk to give to the parking attendent so they don't charge you again. Argh!!! Maybe I'm just an unseasoned traveler...
-The amount of people who cut in front of you at the check out line is UNREAL. We were in line on two separate occasions and someone cut in front both times. RUDE! If my kids weren't with me, I may have opened my mouth however, I thought it best to show some class. ;)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the Rendezvous tower - they are much larger!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Albertson, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

We love this place when we are alone or with the family. The boardwalk is great to walk on. The staff is friendly.The rondevous tower rooms are large, new and clean!!!! The best AC hotel. Location x3 and friendly staff. Mario & Steven at front desk are tops!

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank JJFEsq
Long Island NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We unexpectedly went to Resorts on Friday, 7/20. The people at the front desk were very nice but not too knowledgable. I was told at 5:10 the pool was open until 8 PM. We got to the pool by 5:30 and it was closed. It closes at 5 PM. Since they knew I was traveling with 2 kids that detail was pretty important! The rooms are old but clean. The bedding and bathroom all very clean. The decor is outdated ~ like 1970's tiles in the bathroom ~ but for our purposes that was fine. The bed and pillows were SO comfortable! Our room over looked the boardwalk. Resorts location is great! The place would be great if they updated it.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank kbarnes26
Long Island, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My fiance and I went to Resorts for our 5 year anniversary, and we had a GREAT time! The location to the boardwalk which has lots of restaurants, bars, shopping, and other things is great (right on it!) We went to the Italian restaurant Cappricio (I think?) for our actual anniversary dinner and it was AWESOMEEE! The food was fantastic, and we got a great package deal which came with 2 soup or salads, 2 entrees, 2 desserts & 2 glasses of wine for about $75. The service was a bit slow but understandable because they looked a bit understaffed. We got room service & the food wasn't great (we both got eggs& bacon, i got pancakes, & he got french toast) but they were a lot quicker to the room than they expected to be (only took about 20 mins) & I also ordered a hairdryer to the room & they were prompt about that. We ended up checking out a bit late but they didn't charge us which was awesome. The pool isn't as nice as it looks on the website but the rooftop deck where its located is really nice & they have people walking around giving out snacks. The pool WAS very nice it just didn't really look like the pictures they have on the website. People kept saying that the hotel is newly renovated which I think the casino & restaurant areas are renovated but I'm not sure about the rooms. I could be wrong because we were in a smoking room (which we WERE happy about) so I'm sure they're not going to immediately renovate those... But all in all we had an awesome time & we'll definitely be staying there again in the near future. Also, it was a lot more affordable than most of the other hotel/casinos around the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple