“Not Extraordianry”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lets start by saying...Go during the summer. Off season is cold and wet.

Also stay away from using the Groupon for this if you are planning to get the Deluxe rooms in the Oceanfront tower.

I arrived here at the Resorts at 1 pm after a 7 hour drive from VA for a Bachelor Party that I had planned well in advance. I was told that this would be the time that I could check in and get our room. The other guys in our party had booked the lower end room via Groupon and were given their room and keys immediately. I was told that my room would be ready and guaranteed by 4pm. ( the rendezvous tower room). 4pm came and went and I returned to the front counter and was told that my room still wasn't ready. It is now 530 pm. When I called and complained from my phone I was told that all of the rooms that I booked a month in advance were sold out. SOLD OUT???? I purchase one of those rooms. I was given a lower end room. With no refund from the hotel. SAD.

The room: was nothing extraordinary. your basic 2 queen room with a little sitting area. Since I complained about the wait the front desk women seemed it necessary to put us in a room with a handicap stall. This being said there was no defined shower or tub, only a nasty looking shower chair and a faucet coming out of the wall.(the bathrooms were nicely redone though! so it didn't make it too bad. But who's to say that I didn't have my wife and child coming later?)

The restaurant we ate at was phenomenal..Gallagher's. We had a great meal and great drinks and our waitress was awesome. Cant remember her name but she was a redhead like me!

Landshark Bar and Grill was also awesome. Great specials on beer buckets and they even changed the TVs to the hockey game some of our group wanted to watch.

The night life at this resort was a little on the older crowd so we didn't spend too much time in the casinos or nightclub there, but if your in the younger crowd like us head down to Cesar's palace only a short cab ride away!

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors of the Rendezvous Tower
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Resorts Casino Hotel

Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I took my parents to AC to relax for a couple of days, so we decided to choose Resorts. We called the reservation number a month in advance and had made reservations and got two rooms. We all get there to check in and come to find out that they booked the rooms for only one night and not two and then to find out that they only had one room for us and it was a king size bed room. Mario the supervisor of the hotel was there and helped us out in a huge way. He told me to come back later in the evening and he could help us out. Mario came through and got us another room but it wasnt just your average room, it was one of the best rooms in the house. We didnt have to pay for either of our rooms and he put 40 dollars credit on each of our rooms.So Resorts came through thanks to Mario!

We went back a month later and Daniel had remembered us from the last time and told us to wait and talk to Mario and he would help us. We waited and Mario hooked us up with another suite and 40 dollars in credit for the trouble we had last time. Rooms are huge, Jacuzzi tub is huge, Resorts AC should be giving both of those men a promotion for making us want to come back to Resorts after such a mess. Great place to stay...Ask for Mario or Daniel and you will get the best service in AC!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eddie W
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Planned a gambling trip to celebrate the end of tax season and we were disappointed with this hotel. We have been to Atlantic City multiple times and Vegas, and these accommodations were not anywhere close to what the ratings say. I can only speak to the Ocean Tower but we arrived in a room that had a bathroom worse than a Days Inn. It was dated to the 60s and had blue tiled walls. In no way what is advertised and shown on their website. The tub was very yellowy in color and I refused to even take a shower in it. We have stayed at Caesars, Tropicana, and Taj Mahal in the past and did not have anything like this. I called down to the front desk and the lady I spoke to apologized and gave us an updated room in the same Ocean Tower, which was fine for the one night we were there. The bathroom was updated (still nothing spectacular). For breakfast, be prepared for a long line at Dunkin Donuts (buffet is not breakfast). Margaritaville was great though! I can guarantee we will not be back to this resort...unless it is to stay in the different tower.

6  Thank kdjohnson1022
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel has a lot of good things. We had a king room and it was very large. The bathroom was large, it had a double sink with a mirror, another table and chair with a mirror and a make up mirror with a blow dryer. Each mirror flank by 2 lights. The toilet was private from all of this and it had a large shower with a glass door. The room had a work table, a very nice dresser with a flat screen TV. Inside of it also was a safe and refrigerator. There was a coffee pot in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, we ask for more pillows and they arrived almost before I hung up the phone. The hotel it self not much entertainment the 2 nights we where there. They have a new food court called quick-bites. They have a Soup man 24 hour Dunkin Donuts. There are some upscale restaurant we did not try. There is a restaurant called Breadsticks, (you can read a separate review on that) but I highly recommend it very reasonable and good food. They have a Buffet $19.99 but it was closed on Thursday and Fridays! Who closes a Buffet on a Friday? The pool was nice but packed they do have and adult swim from 5pm-6pm. They have a large Jacuzzi. The gym is small they have cardio for free weights are in the men's spa. (I suppose same for women.) The spa is $15 day there is shower's the weight room a stem room Sauna and Jacuzzi and another room I never figured out what it was. Could use a room were you could sit and relax and watch TV. Beware there are men trolling for cheap thrills 3 of them were going at it in the steam room fortunately it was the last day. But I did get hit on a few times which was not for me. The biggest problem with the hotel and why I did not give it a 4 is SMOKE! People smoking through out the gaming floor and other spots. It stunk. We had a non-smoking room but you could smell it everywhere. We checked in early no problem check out no problems the room was clean. They also have a few stores. The hotel is on the north end of the boardwalk. We had a Living social deal that was really chep.

Room Tip: Look for online deals they offer one on there web site with $40 dollars food and spa passes. Do note...
2  Thank baileyups
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I want to say that upon comin to this hotel I was excited. I had got a great deal on LivingSocial.

Upon checking in Daniel (a front desk rep) circled a list of restaurants on a paper he gave us and said we could use our resort credit at the listed places along with a list of others that he instructed me to write down. We went to Margaritaville (which was circled)
Upon checking out the next morning we were told that we could not use our credit here even though I pulled out the paper Daniel gave us with restaraunts circled. So basically I had to pay the $40 fee when checking out.
I feel that I should not have had to pay that since Daniel misinformed us. The rep Maggie stated that it's at the bottom of the paper which restaurants were excluded. It's in small print. Who is going to look at that when a rep circles a list of restaraunts and states you can eat at these.

I didn't anticipated paying extra when I came. Had I known the correct info I definitely would have went to the correct restaurants. It's inly common sense...if a person receives a $40 credit they are going to use it at the right place so they won't have to pay.

The room had warm water. You have to let the water run at least 20-30 minutes to get full hot water. For the piece my mini fridge should have gotten a lot colder than what it did AND I should have had a microwave in room.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just returned from my fourth stay at Resorts. The first two times were overnights when attending conferences, then in 12/12 for a concert next door at the Taj Mahal, and now a two-night, mid-week visit with my husband.
I am writing this because I think that the percentage of positive reviews of Resorts would probably be higher if reports on Rendezvous Tower experiences were separated from the Ocean Tower ones. The major complaint about the OT rooms seem to be that the bathrooms are small and in need of updating. The bathrooms in the RT are HUGE, modern, and beautiful. The rooms themselves are large, clean, comfortable, relatively quiet, and nicely appointed. Everything worked the way it should. Unless you are seeking a lower room rate, a chance to be closer to the water, and an opportunity to be in a building with more AC history, I think that opting to stay in a room in the newer RT is the better choice and compares very well to other hotels in AC.
Over the years, we have stayed at Ballys (multiple times), theTropicana, Caesar's, Harrah's, and the Borgata. While all have aspects to recommend them, I think that Resorts has the best combination of features. It is pretty central, oceanfront, and on the boardwalk which provides opportunities for experiencing all which makes AC unique. Ocean views from high-floor rooms in the RT can be spectacular (lower numbers are closer to the ocean; even numbers views are not blocked by the Taj). It has a great variety of dining options from Dunkin Donuts to upscale, with lots of choices in the middle (and the quality of food and drinks we enjoyed was very good to excellent), a fun atmosphere in the casino, beautiful, well-maintained common areas with plentiful signage for easy navigating, and smiling, helpful staff. From check-in to check-out, the folks at the front desk, in housekeeping, the dealers, bartenders, operators, techies, wait staff, etc. were friendly and professional which absolutely added to our positive experiences here.
A few small negatives, but not even close to being deal breakers for returning:
-Mid-week, off season stays, while offering a great chance for "economical" (is there ever really anything economical about choosing an AC getaway? ;-)) package deals, provide fewer dining choices as several of the restaurants are closed.
-My husband could not understand the thinking that goes into deciding that one roulette table should be open when the crowd around that one would seem to indicate that there would be enough people interested in being able to play at another. Plenty of staff seemed to be around.
-Placing a smoking area of the casino right by the hallway that leads to the elevators to the RT results in smoky smelling elevator cars that actually seem to drag smoke up to the non-smoking hotel hallways above. Considering relocating this area to another part of the casino may be a good thing.
-In-room WiFi should be provided without charge. In the 21st century, it is like asking for an additional fee to turn on and use the TV.
The good old days can be recalled as a time when you got more for your money and were valued more as a customer. At Resorts, in the RT for certain, I feel that the good old days are still here; the hotel and the amenities, the dining options, and casino experience continue to get better and better. We felt comfortable, cared for, and well-entertained at Resorts and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Stay in the newer Rendezvous Tower. Rooms are large. Bathrooms are huge. For ocean views, ask for a...
2  Thank janscaped
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Our stay was 14-15 April. This was out 3rd visit to this hotel in a couple years. Generally the staff was friendly but service was pretty slow and we're not the type that expects to be waited on hand and foot. Examples...breakfast Mon. AM at Breadsticks Cafe. We waited at our table for about 10 min. before finally the Hostess that seated us asked if we'd been visited by a server. Answer was no, she went and brought us coffee. Server showed up, service was friendly but no visit after the food arrived to see if we needed anything or wanted more coffee. The place wasn't that busy. Breakfast Tues. was even worse. Wanted to try Margaritaville Cafe. No line, place was almost empty. Hostess handed us a beeper and said there was a 15 min. wait!!! REALLY??? Desperate for a cup of coffee by this time we walked over to the new Dunkin' Donuts. I expected a line but not over 60 people!!! Quite discouraged at this point, we went across to The Soup Man to try to get a cup of coffee and was told the machine was out of hot water and they had no idea how long it would take to make more!!! We ended up with a 1/2 toasted bagel and coffee from the single cup maker in the room. Our supposedly non-smoking room smelled of lingering cigarette smoke. We asked the maid to spray some air freshener...never happened. My wife ended up buying some at Yankee Candle. Oh...and i fixed the ratteling window for you. I would've fixed the hanging support for the glass shower partition if i'd had my tools. I'm sure the next guests will appreciate it. Overall not as nice as we would have expected. Frankly if we return, the room will have to be free!!!