“Top Notch Place - Only place I'll stay check out the review”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Ahh Resorts Casino Hotel my 2nd home for the following reasons.\
1) I love the penny slots the best. They are fun and while sometimes i'm good at giving them money i do also win pretty good. There is a great variety of fun and entertaining games.
2) Bell Desk - Harry at the bell desk is a kind, hard working caring person. He takes good care of your belongings and knows so much about the hotel and surrounding areas. No matter what kind of day he is having he always has a smile and a kind word for you.
3) Rooms - my favorite is the Rendezvous Tower and also there is the Ocean tower. I like the Rendezvous tower as it has walk in showers and a nice few of the ocean and are roomy. But either tower is just as comfy. The front desk has always been accomodating when i ask for specific things for my room.
4) Breadsticks is my most favorite restaurant and i pretty much eat there whenever I stay. The whole staff is wonderful and like family right from the hostesses to Pedro to Mario the manager, the wonderful talented chef who delivers fantastic food. My absolute favorite that i always ask for is Vicente. He has actually won awards for his hard work and service to his customers. Many others ask for him too. He gets to know them by name. One of the things that stuck with me is recently i was there and had an attack of vertigo. He quickly got the manager, security and me orange juice and water. The security guards kindly went to my room to get my medicine and i quickly recovered. His concern and attention to a touch situation meant the world to me. I have had many friends there with me and they sing happy birthday and make it so special. But Vicente goes out of his way to see that the customers have a pleasant experience, always smiles and geniunely cares when he asks you how your are. The food always is hot, affordable and definitely yummy.
5) My casino rep Mike Ashbrook whom unfortunately have never had the pleasure of meeting has always taken care of my reservations for me and seen to anything i could possible need when i'm there and always make sure he calls back his guests.
6) My only negative in all this and mind you its only my opinion is that i wasn't really impressed with Margaretville as i found it too expensive, too long a wait to be seated and there isn't that family feeling or atmosphere that Breadsticks has.
7) The shows are always well done and fantastic. My favorite being T. Fox Entertainer who had been there several years. Not only is he a kind caring and special person but his audience participation, his unbelieveable talent singing and variety of songs dancing around and faith make this a show to see over and over again (which i actually have). Unfortunately he is in vegas right now but i'm hoping Resorts brings him back.
In conclusion you really have to check out Resorts for yourself and the wonderful staff. I've been going through a hard time but i find i have this safe haven in Resorts where i can go relax enjoy have fun and fellowship with the amazing staff. Try it out i know you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: didnt try spa yet. when you choose a room make sure its not by the mechanics of the elevator or sond...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank angelgirl5758

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Not at all impressed. We arrived and they had lost our reservation. Granted it was a comp, but had to jump thru hoops to get the room for one night, and then wait to see if cancellation for second night. Room was small, with a very large closet, and decent bathroom. Zip water pressure. It was like a trickle. Thin, small towels.

We were on the 9th floor of the Ocean Tower. Have to pay 11.95 for 24 hours of slow internet. The TV has very limited stations, absolutely nothing worth watching. The place is huge, and they do not provide a map. No room/hotel details at all. Had to see it on the TV. Room service was fantastic. Be prepared for a $43. bill, with a total of $64. by the time they add tax, delivery, other, and tip. But worth it, since we would have paid that in one of their restaurants. Nothing to show the various restaurants and shops. We ate at Breaksticks. The food was good, but pricey. Service slow, and not great. They forgot the salad dressing, and we had to flag someone down 15 minutes after he went to get it. Meanwhile our server was chatting it up with 4 coworkers in plain sight.

There isn't a desk. The room service table is serving double duty as I type this. There isn't a comfortable seat in the room. Two uncomfortable queen beds, and two straight backed wooden chairs. Small mini fridge. No microwave. One of the two windows opens 6 inches. I could write my name in the dust on the ledges, and on the table by the fridge.

All in all, I'd avoid Resorts. It seems designed to get you out of the uncomfortable room and down to the slots/casino.

Oh, the buffet is closed on Thursday and Fridays. Really? Closed on Friday??? UGH!

Room Tip: Avoid Ocean Tower 9th floor odd side rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank idlewood4
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I have enjoyed Atlantic City since 1984 we have seen things go from the worst to what you see today and believe me it's a big change, thanks to the casino's ,township and much hard work. We have stayed at three or four casino's there but always come back to Resorts .
After reading many reviews We feel like we must be special because we have just never had that kind of bad experience some folks talk about at Resorts .
We have also stayed at Reno and Vegas and have never been treated and better than Resorts
in AC . Like I said , I guess we are just special . So just go Down to have fun or get serious about gaming , You will not be treated better anywhere else . Of course there are always those no one can please .

2  Thank Lawrence P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lets start by saying...Go during the summer. Off season is cold and wet.

Also stay away from using the Groupon for this if you are planning to get the Deluxe rooms in the Oceanfront tower.

I arrived here at the Resorts at 1 pm after a 7 hour drive from VA for a Bachelor Party that I had planned well in advance. I was told that this would be the time that I could check in and get our room. The other guys in our party had booked the lower end room via Groupon and were given their room and keys immediately. I was told that my room would be ready and guaranteed by 4pm. ( the rendezvous tower room). 4pm came and went and I returned to the front counter and was told that my room still wasn't ready. It is now 530 pm. When I called and complained from my phone I was told that all of the rooms that I booked a month in advance were sold out. SOLD OUT???? I purchase one of those rooms. I was given a lower end room. With no refund from the hotel. SAD.

The room: was nothing extraordinary. your basic 2 queen room with a little sitting area. Since I complained about the wait the front desk women seemed it necessary to put us in a room with a handicap stall. This being said there was no defined shower or tub, only a nasty looking shower chair and a faucet coming out of the wall.(the bathrooms were nicely redone though! so it didn't make it too bad. But who's to say that I didn't have my wife and child coming later?)

The restaurant we ate at was phenomenal..Gallagher's. We had a great meal and great drinks and our waitress was awesome. Cant remember her name but she was a redhead like me!

Landshark Bar and Grill was also awesome. Great specials on beer buckets and they even changed the TVs to the hockey game some of our group wanted to watch.

The night life at this resort was a little on the older crowd so we didn't spend too much time in the casinos or nightclub there, but if your in the younger crowd like us head down to Cesar's palace only a short cab ride away!

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors of the Rendezvous Tower
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I took my parents to AC to relax for a couple of days, so we decided to choose Resorts. We called the reservation number a month in advance and had made reservations and got two rooms. We all get there to check in and come to find out that they booked the rooms for only one night and not two and then to find out that they only had one room for us and it was a king size bed room. Mario the supervisor of the hotel was there and helped us out in a huge way. He told me to come back later in the evening and he could help us out. Mario came through and got us another room but it wasnt just your average room, it was one of the best rooms in the house. We didnt have to pay for either of our rooms and he put 40 dollars credit on each of our rooms.So Resorts came through thanks to Mario!

We went back a month later and Daniel had remembered us from the last time and told us to wait and talk to Mario and he would help us. We waited and Mario hooked us up with another suite and 40 dollars in credit for the trouble we had last time. Rooms are huge, Jacuzzi tub is huge, Resorts AC should be giving both of those men a promotion for making us want to come back to Resorts after such a mess. Great place to stay...Ask for Mario or Daniel and you will get the best service in AC!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Eddie W
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Planned a gambling trip to celebrate the end of tax season and we were disappointed with this hotel. We have been to Atlantic City multiple times and Vegas, and these accommodations were not anywhere close to what the ratings say. I can only speak to the Ocean Tower but we arrived in a room that had a bathroom worse than a Days Inn. It was dated to the 60s and had blue tiled walls. In no way what is advertised and shown on their website. The tub was very yellowy in color and I refused to even take a shower in it. We have stayed at Caesars, Tropicana, and Taj Mahal in the past and did not have anything like this. I called down to the front desk and the lady I spoke to apologized and gave us an updated room in the same Ocean Tower, which was fine for the one night we were there. The bathroom was updated (still nothing spectacular). For breakfast, be prepared for a long line at Dunkin Donuts (buffet is not breakfast). Margaritaville was great though! I can guarantee we will not be back to this resort...unless it is to stay in the different tower.

6  Thank kdjohnson1022
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The hotel has a lot of good things. We had a king room and it was very large. The bathroom was large, it had a double sink with a mirror, another table and chair with a mirror and a make up mirror with a blow dryer. Each mirror flank by 2 lights. The toilet was private from all of this and it had a large shower with a glass door. The room had a work table, a very nice dresser with a flat screen TV. Inside of it also was a safe and refrigerator. There was a coffee pot in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable, we ask for more pillows and they arrived almost before I hung up the phone. The hotel it self not much entertainment the 2 nights we where there. They have a new food court called quick-bites. They have a Soup man 24 hour Dunkin Donuts. There are some upscale restaurant we did not try. There is a restaurant called Breadsticks, (you can read a separate review on that) but I highly recommend it very reasonable and good food. They have a Buffet $19.99 but it was closed on Thursday and Fridays! Who closes a Buffet on a Friday? The pool was nice but packed they do have and adult swim from 5pm-6pm. They have a large Jacuzzi. The gym is small they have cardio for free weights are in the men's spa. (I suppose same for women.) The spa is $15 day there is shower's the weight room a stem room Sauna and Jacuzzi and another room I never figured out what it was. Could use a room were you could sit and relax and watch TV. Beware there are men trolling for cheap thrills 3 of them were going at it in the steam room fortunately it was the last day. But I did get hit on a few times which was not for me. The biggest problem with the hotel and why I did not give it a 4 is SMOKE! People smoking through out the gaming floor and other spots. It stunk. We had a non-smoking room but you could smell it everywhere. We checked in early no problem check out no problems the room was clean. They also have a few stores. The hotel is on the north end of the boardwalk. We had a Living social deal that was really chep.

Room Tip: Look for online deals they offer one on there web site with $40 dollars food and spa passes. Do note...
2  Thank baileyups