Stayed overnight at Resorts on April 28, 2014 (Mon.) Every time Resorts website says the rooms have been remodeled, I keep hoping for changes but it never happens.
Had a room in the Ocean tower (room 1138). The bathrooms in the rooms are tiny! Only 3 small, narrow glass shelves in the bathroom to put anything on. I'll bet a man designed these rooms. We women need counter space for our makeup, jewelry, & toiletries!! At least there was a hairdryer in the bathroom this time (usually have to call housekeeping to get one), although I had to lay it in the sink because there's no room on the tiny shelves to put it with my other bathroom things . Also, there was no shampoo/conditioner. And I really don't understand the bathtub/shower. It has a glass door that doesn't go all the way to the other end of the wall, so there is a 2 ft. gap where the shower water can hit the floor & make a puddle. (Golden Nugget shower doors are like this, too.) It just doesn't make sense. The closet in the bedroom, however, is a walk-in. What the heck does anyone need an 8 ft. long closet for in a hotel? The space should have been used for the bathroom! One lamp bulb was burned out & a bulb in another lamp was missing. No, I didn't call housekeeping for more bulbs or shampoo/conditioner - no time to wait who knows how long for them to come - I had somewhere to be at a certain time.
The restaurant & bar situation has gotten worse. Last yr., they closed at 2 am. Now Margaritaville Restaurant closes at 11 pm & the food court was closed by 1 am. All the bars close by 1 am & room service closes at 11 pm. Do they not WANT people's money? I like to play slots at night while having a few drinks, then eat a meal before retiring for the night. So, I still have to buy food earlier in the day & stash it in the frig. in the room.
The wonderful "Surf & Turf" dinner (house sirloin with Hawaiian butter & coconut shrimp) that I looked forward to on every trip, is now gone from Margaritaville menu. So, I had the NY Strip steak dinner but it wasn't nearly as good as the House Sirloin used to be. The next day, I ate at Margaritaville again & ordered the "Who's To Blame" drink in their take-home blender cup with a slice of Keylime Pie. I had to send my drink back because the waiter brought it in a regular glass. Then the waitress came back & asked me what dessert I ordered.
This place just doesn't make me feel like they want me to come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The fun is here! From the world-renowned sandy, white beaches to the hottest action in AC on our casino floor, Resorts is all about having fun. Resorts is home to Jimmy Buffett's Margaritaville entertainment complex which include the famous Margaritaville restaurant, LandShark Bar & Grill - AC's only year-round beach bar, retail shops, new casino gaming, 5 O'Clock Somewhere Bar and more. Enjoy luxurious ocean view rooms, and indoor/outdoor pool giving you the summer feel 365 days a year, spa and salon services for men and women, award-winning dining and so much more. Resorts is the perfect place to find your fun! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Resorts Casino Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Atlantic City
- Resorts Casino Hotel Atlantic City
- Atlantic City Resorts Casino Hotel