“This place just doesn't make me feel like they want me to be there.”

Resorts Casino Hotel
Ranked #3 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed overnight at Resorts on April 28, 2014 (Mon.) Every time Resorts website says the rooms have been remodeled, I keep hoping for changes but it never happens.

Had a room in the Ocean tower (room 1138). The bathrooms in the rooms are tiny! Only 3 small, narrow glass shelves in the bathroom to put anything on. I'll bet a man designed these rooms. We women need counter space for our makeup, jewelry, & toiletries!! At least there was a hairdryer in the bathroom this time (usually have to call housekeeping to get one), although I had to lay it in the sink because there's no room on the tiny shelves to put it with my other bathroom things . Also, there was no shampoo/conditioner. And I really don't understand the bathtub/shower. It has a glass door that doesn't go all the way to the other end of the wall, so there is a 2 ft. gap where the shower water can hit the floor & make a puddle. (Golden Nugget shower doors are like this, too.) It just doesn't make sense. The closet in the bedroom, however, is a walk-in. What the heck does anyone need an 8 ft. long closet for in a hotel? The space should have been used for the bathroom! One lamp bulb was burned out & a bulb in another lamp was missing. No, I didn't call housekeeping for more bulbs or shampoo/conditioner - no time to wait who knows how long for them to come - I had somewhere to be at a certain time.

The restaurant & bar situation has gotten worse. Last yr., they closed at 2 am. Now Margaritaville Restaurant closes at 11 pm & the food court was closed by 1 am. All the bars close by 1 am & room service closes at 11 pm. Do they not WANT people's money? I like to play slots at night while having a few drinks, then eat a meal before retiring for the night. So, I still have to buy food earlier in the day & stash it in the frig. in the room.

The wonderful "Surf & Turf" dinner (house sirloin with Hawaiian butter & coconut shrimp) that I looked forward to on every trip, is now gone from Margaritaville menu. So, I had the NY Strip steak dinner but it wasn't nearly as good as the House Sirloin used to be. The next day, I ate at Margaritaville again & ordered the "Who's To Blame" drink in their take-home blender cup with a slice of Keylime Pie. I had to send my drink back because the waiter brought it in a regular glass. Then the waitress came back & asked me what dessert I ordered.

This place just doesn't make me feel like they want me to come back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank TashaPop

Reviewed 29 April 2014

I won a comp room and room credit thinking this would be a very enjoyable trip. I called to add a name to the room and I was told the room type didn't match what I reserved. When I arrived it was fixed, which was probably the only decent thing. The stay was nothing special, just a place to sleep after a night out.

The following morning I ordered room service. The menus are now on the television, which I don't recall stating 17% gratuity or $2 service charge. You should only be tipped when service is exceptional, not just as a convenience or "other" charge as it is listed on the bill. But, hey, they still leave a line for a tip even though they've already hit you for one. I had a credit on my room, which was not applied to the room service bill. So instead my credit card was charged for the amount. To top this all off, we were quoted 45 minutes for the food to arrive. AN HOUR LATER, we received a call stating a few items were no longer available and we had to change a few items in our order. The food arrives 20 minutes later at 10:45 a.m. with an 11 a.m. check out time. How nice of them. But he was still tipped thanks to that lovely "other" charge. Some items were incorrect even after we had to switch, but what was the use in calling down when it was already a half hour late? Not happy with the "service" experience whatsoever. I would highly advise against it. It was one giant headache.

When emailed the response I received in regards to service is "per hotel policy, and it on the in room menus, a gratuity is automatically added. I do apologize for the wait time." This sentence doesn't even make sense, but thank you for clearing that up. The epitome of customer service right there ladies and gentlemen.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank jpq24
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Resorts was not impressive at all. Though the room was a comp, I found this resort to be outdated and in need of more dining options other than a food court and Margarittaville. The gaming floor was fine but you could die waiting for a drink of water or anything else. The rooms were sparsely furnished yet they were large and comfortable with a desk, small table and 2 chairs. Since I had nice weather I took to the boardwalk to see what else was around to do. The stores all had the same merchandise and prices. I was not impressed with this aspect at all. Another thing that bothered me about this stay was our hotel room was in the tower and all the dining except the food court was completely on the opposite side of the tower. This was inconvenient. Overall, the room was clean, the bed comfortable, ammenties just OK, and dining was not great. If in this area try it but I prefer Mohegan Sun Casino or Las Vegas.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon T
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Ahh Resorts Casino Hotel my 2nd home for the following reasons.\
1) I love the penny slots the best. They are fun and while sometimes i'm good at giving them money i do also win pretty good. There is a great variety of fun and entertaining games.
2) Bell Desk - Harry at the bell desk is a kind, hard working caring person. He takes good care of your belongings and knows so much about the hotel and surrounding areas. No matter what kind of day he is having he always has a smile and a kind word for you.
3) Rooms - my favorite is the Rendezvous Tower and also there is the Ocean tower. I like the Rendezvous tower as it has walk in showers and a nice few of the ocean and are roomy. But either tower is just as comfy. The front desk has always been accomodating when i ask for specific things for my room.
4) Breadsticks is my most favorite restaurant and i pretty much eat there whenever I stay. The whole staff is wonderful and like family right from the hostesses to Pedro to Mario the manager, the wonderful talented chef who delivers fantastic food. My absolute favorite that i always ask for is Vicente. He has actually won awards for his hard work and service to his customers. Many others ask for him too. He gets to know them by name. One of the things that stuck with me is recently i was there and had an attack of vertigo. He quickly got the manager, security and me orange juice and water. The security guards kindly went to my room to get my medicine and i quickly recovered. His concern and attention to a touch situation meant the world to me. I have had many friends there with me and they sing happy birthday and make it so special. But Vicente goes out of his way to see that the customers have a pleasant experience, always smiles and geniunely cares when he asks you how your are. The food always is hot, affordable and definitely yummy.
5) My casino rep Mike Ashbrook whom unfortunately have never had the pleasure of meeting has always taken care of my reservations for me and seen to anything i could possible need when i'm there and always make sure he calls back his guests.
6) My only negative in all this and mind you its only my opinion is that i wasn't really impressed with Margaretville as i found it too expensive, too long a wait to be seated and there isn't that family feeling or atmosphere that Breadsticks has.
7) The shows are always well done and fantastic. My favorite being T. Fox Entertainer who had been there several years. Not only is he a kind caring and special person but his audience participation, his unbelieveable talent singing and variety of songs dancing around and faith make this a show to see over and over again (which i actually have). Unfortunately he is in vegas right now but i'm hoping Resorts brings him back.
In conclusion you really have to check out Resorts for yourself and the wonderful staff. I've been going through a hard time but i find i have this safe haven in Resorts where i can go relax enjoy have fun and fellowship with the amazing staff. Try it out i know you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: didnt try spa yet. when you choose a room make sure its not by the mechanics of the elevator or sond...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank angelgirl5758
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Not at all impressed. We arrived and they had lost our reservation. Granted it was a comp, but had to jump thru hoops to get the room for one night, and then wait to see if cancellation for second night. Room was small, with a very large closet, and decent bathroom. Zip water pressure. It was like a trickle. Thin, small towels.

We were on the 9th floor of the Ocean Tower. Have to pay 11.95 for 24 hours of slow internet. The TV has very limited stations, absolutely nothing worth watching. The place is huge, and they do not provide a map. No room/hotel details at all. Had to see it on the TV. Room service was fantastic. Be prepared for a $43. bill, with a total of $64. by the time they add tax, delivery, other, and tip. But worth it, since we would have paid that in one of their restaurants. Nothing to show the various restaurants and shops. We ate at Breaksticks. The food was good, but pricey. Service slow, and not great. They forgot the salad dressing, and we had to flag someone down 15 minutes after he went to get it. Meanwhile our server was chatting it up with 4 coworkers in plain sight.

There isn't a desk. The room service table is serving double duty as I type this. There isn't a comfortable seat in the room. Two uncomfortable queen beds, and two straight backed wooden chairs. Small mini fridge. No microwave. One of the two windows opens 6 inches. I could write my name in the dust on the ledges, and on the table by the fridge.

All in all, I'd avoid Resorts. It seems designed to get you out of the uncomfortable room and down to the slots/casino.

Oh, the buffet is closed on Thursday and Fridays. Really? Closed on Friday??? UGH!

Room Tip: Avoid Ocean Tower 9th floor odd side rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank idlewood4
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My wife and I have enjoyed Atlantic City since 1984 we have seen things go from the worst to what you see today and believe me it's a big change, thanks to the casino's ,township and much hard work. We have stayed at three or four casino's there but always come back to Resorts .
After reading many reviews We feel like we must be special because we have just never had that kind of bad experience some folks talk about at Resorts .
We have also stayed at Reno and Vegas and have never been treated and better than Resorts
in AC . Like I said , I guess we are just special . So just go Down to have fun or get serious about gaming , You will not be treated better anywhere else . Of course there are always those no one can please .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lawrence P
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Lets start by saying...Go during the summer. Off season is cold and wet.

Also stay away from using the Groupon for this if you are planning to get the Deluxe rooms in the Oceanfront tower.

I arrived here at the Resorts at 1 pm after a 7 hour drive from VA for a Bachelor Party that I had planned well in advance. I was told that this would be the time that I could check in and get our room. The other guys in our party had booked the lower end room via Groupon and were given their room and keys immediately. I was told that my room would be ready and guaranteed by 4pm. ( the rendezvous tower room). 4pm came and went and I returned to the front counter and was told that my room still wasn't ready. It is now 530 pm. When I called and complained from my phone I was told that all of the rooms that I booked a month in advance were sold out. SOLD OUT???? I purchase one of those rooms. I was given a lower end room. With no refund from the hotel. SAD.

The room: was nothing extraordinary. your basic 2 queen room with a little sitting area. Since I complained about the wait the front desk women seemed it necessary to put us in a room with a handicap stall. This being said there was no defined shower or tub, only a nasty looking shower chair and a faucet coming out of the wall.(the bathrooms were nicely redone though! so it didn't make it too bad. But who's to say that I didn't have my wife and child coming later?)

The restaurant we ate at was phenomenal..Gallagher's. We had a great meal and great drinks and our waitress was awesome. Cant remember her name but she was a redhead like me!

Landshark Bar and Grill was also awesome. Great specials on beer buckets and they even changed the TVs to the hockey game some of our group wanted to watch.

The night life at this resort was a little on the older crowd so we didn't spend too much time in the casinos or nightclub there, but if your in the younger crowd like us head down to Cesar's palace only a short cab ride away!

Room Tip: Stay in the higher floors of the Rendezvous Tower
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends