“Ran Away” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
“Ran Away”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We ran away from home for a couple of days of Sun, music and relaxation. Although it is an older hotel, the room was spacious and very comfortable. We enjoyed the entertainment at Landshark Bar and Margaritaville. We are not much gamblers so visiting the beach bars and listening to the DJs and Bands each night was just perfect.

Room Tip: Always upgrade to a Deluxe for minimal charge. These are bigger rooms.
2 Thank Karen S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (879)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Where to start with this place!
Checking horrible 45 minute wait, woman didn't speak clearly sounded like she had marbles in here mouth. She go annoyed I kept saying what? Excuse me what did you say? If you don't like people the front desk is not for you Hun.
First room eww black mold covered the whole shower head. I got housekeeping to come check and Gladys God bless her immediately said that can't be cleaned but I guess head of house keeping insist they try. I asked her "be honest would you stand under that and wash?" Her response a resounding no ma'am. So we go down stairs to talk to the manager and Gladys had showed the pictures she took and he upgraded us well, in his mind anyway. Shower still not great but way better. Now I was told this was a new area. When? When the originally built it?
Now I find out I have to pay for wi-fi everyday. Are you kidding me? I'm not rich and my husband saved up to surprise me with this weekend oh I've been surprised alright. I truly think if the owners want to make us happy I'm stuck here till Tuesday.
You know where to find me rm4910

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Julia E
Staten Island, New York, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

About a year ago, we went to AC, and as we hadn't been there in ages, we went to most of the casinos and signed up for the player cards. So, when I got to Resorts, I signed up for a card, sat down to rest at a machine and played $10. And lost. But out of all the casinos I signed up for a card, Resorts was the ONLY one to send promo and comp emails.

Anyway, this week, my husband had a few days off and we decided to go somewhere. I remembered the emails for Resorts, so we said why not. So for $79, we booked a double room. Great decision. We got there a few hours before check in, and they had a room available right away. We were in the Ocean Tower, which was supposedly the older building, but it was not old on the inside. The room had 2 queen size beds, a little firmer than we're used but still comfy. Also had a big flat screen, fridge, safe, and a 6 plug surge protector. The bathroom was huge, all marble, and to my 12 year olds delight, it had a phone next to the toilet. The entire room was spotless. The furniture was real wood, and had so e scratches but who cares. There were snack and soda machines on each floor. We did not hear anyone at all.

And the casino was awesome. Sat down at a slot machine and put $20 in and $5 later I came out with $115. Not bad!

Anyway, we'll definitely be coming here again. Great location, and there's a dunkin donuts inside.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank MrsBattsNY
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We just stayed for 4 days/3 nights. We had an extended family vacation. Booked two rooms for 4 adults and 4 kids. I was worried we wouldn't be able to get close rooms or an ocean view. Check was suppose to be at 4:00pm. We were in ours rooms by 1:30pm. Got adjoining rooms in the 11th floor with a partial ocean view. They were the "updated" deluxe rooms. Overall not bad for the price. Beds were huge and comfy, small fridge, nice big screen tv. I will admit alot of people have a problem with the bathrooms, even our newly upgraded room had a "ok" bathroom. You're not paying for top of the line though so I could get by. Nice size safe, every employee told me to have a good stay when we passed in a hall. Housekeeping called maintenance for us with the ac was leaking water. We didn't even notice it. The property is a bit dated, but still worth the price. I would think in the 70's this place would have been 5 stars.

Room Tip: Wifi isn't cheap at $12 for 24 hours, top floors have a slow ride down in the elevators (due to...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Videotonyk81
Nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

This hotel had been refursihed and I was suprised at the nice job they did.
We had a king size bed with sofa and chair by the tv, the veiw was overlooking the roof and AC units below but hey this was a comped room for two nights so no complaints on the view.

The food court has a Dunkin Donuts which was great for grabbing some coffee and a bagel in the morning.

We ate at the Land Shark Bar across from the hotel on the beach. Food was good, reasonably priced and a fun atmoshere.

Any enployee we had contact with was most pleasant & helpful.

I will make this my go to place whenever we go to Atlantic City

2 Thank njkate
long island,new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had never been to Atlantic City and Groupon sent out a special for the Resorts and of course we went on Trip Advisor to see some reviews. They were mixed, and yet something said lets give it a try. It was so much more than we expected. Upon our arrival everyone was so nice and helpful. We took advantage of the Valet parking $5.00 for the entire stay, come and go as you wish. The staff had a smile on their faces no matter where we went and was very helpful in showing us around. Our room was very clean and BIG. Oversized king bed,2 bathrooms and 2 walk in closets. It was located in the newly renovated part of the hotel. The décor of this hotel was incredible. Look every where and be amazed. We had breakfast in Breadsticks and sat outside. Seemed as we were back in the Caribbean. The ocean view was spectacular the waitress' and waiter's were very attentive. Food was very good. The weather afforded us to be outside and enjoy Margaritaville Bar and restaurant the entire first day. Sat on the beach which was right next to the bar and watched the sand sculptures that were made over the weekend. Sorry that we can't share the pictures and were glad to have seen them as the next day when we went back they were all destroyed. We walked the boardwalk and stopped in other casino's along the way and had a drink or a snack. Bally's had a special for fresh oysters and we enjoyed taking advantage, and it was spectacular. Again the people we met there were just so inviting. Back at Resorts we went to the casino. It was like being in Vegas!!! Of course we never tried Atlantic City. Now we don't have to go so far! You will not regret booking this Hotel. There isn't one bad thing about it and the staff , could not have asked for nicer people. Food and restaurants magnificent. Check out the pool site, very nice if you do not enjoy the Ocean. Back at home in New York, and will definitely return and stay at Resorts.

Room Tip: Stay in the renovated part of hotel. Beds extremely comfortable. Large rooms, Bathrooms very clean.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
4 Thank lovinny2
New City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We got to AC late, as usual, the valet and bell captain at the hotel were friendly and courteous and happy to help in an expeditious and gracious manner.
Checking in seemed to be a breeze...all seemed very good so far.
We had a king size bed on the 4th floor, had a partial ocean view, which was nice, since we were not expecting a view at all.
The layout of the room was NOT well thought out. The closet was larger than the bathroom, it was a separate walk in closet with a small area to hang a small amount of clothes; I mean why bother?
The bathroom was OLD and dirty, dingy and small, it was half the size of the closet.

There was no desk for the room but there was a chair and a refrigerator, which worked...and I had to pay for wifi, each day.
Granted you don't go there to work, but I had to for a portion of my stay and probably will not get reimbursed by work for the cost.

If they just updated the bathroom, I think my stay would have been better.
The hotel has potential to be better, it's on the boardwalk, in a fairly good location, close to House of Blues, Hard Rock and had good restaurants of its own but just needs a little more ummph.

• 2 of 5 bubbles