Rodeway Inn Boardwalk
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Skyline Tower(Atlantic City)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Super 8 Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
Endicott Hotel(Atlantic City)
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
Brunswick Hotel(Atlantic City)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 February 2009

I woke up to a black roach running across my bed. I decided to stay there with a friend for the night because the price was right. I think it was 55 dollars and that's pretty good compare to 150 dollars the casino hotels were asking. This hotel is gross. The head board was stained.. the carpet looked like it been there since day one. There was a hole in the wall. The only positive thing I can say about this hotel is that the maid and the hotel clerk were really nice.. Seriously, don't stay here unless every hotel in atlantic city is booked..

• Stayed: August 2008
3  Thank Newsies25
Reviewed 26 October 2008

We needed an inexpensive place to stay for 1 night and found it at the Rodeway Inn. Check in was quick, although the occupancy tax was a suprise. The room was clean, and it had a refrigerator and microwave. It was walking distance from Resorts Casino and the boarwalk. Cable TV was good. Not a fancy room, no bells and whistles like the casinos, but it was just what we needed and the price was right. You might want to request a non-smoking room if smoke smell bothers you, or do what we did and spray febreeze. Couldn't open the window in the bathroom for ventalation, but that was a minor problem - air freshener works just as well. There was coffee in the lobby when we woke up the next morning, but no donuts -no big loss there. I will check out availablitly of this hotel first the next time I visit Atlantic City overnight.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Datachick1213
Reviewed 29 April 2007

we stayed at this hotel in sept of 06 and we stayed there for 1 week on our honeymoon in july of 03 we stay here at least every 2 to 3 months when we come to ac the people are great the rooms are clean we never had a problem . the management is nice any room that we ever stayed at here was always clean.

Stayed: September 2006
2  Thank maryann1956
Reviewed 22 April 2007

Yeah, definitely a crappy place, I won't disagree. But, it is a good location in that it is close to the boardwalk and the man at the front desk was attentive (he provided me with 3 sheets of plain white paper and a pen as I needed some stationary, now that is service at its finest!) Would I stay here again? No chance in hell. But, I didn't give it the lowest rating mainly cause I was expecting much worse ...no prostitutes (yippee!), did not feel unsafe or threatened when going or returning to the hotel or to the boardwalk (another yippee!). So, there you go...if you have absolutely no alternative stay here, otherwise go to Resorts or Trop or something...

• Stayed: April 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank zodiac2087
Reviewed 2 January 2007

What a mess. This hotel is unclean, uncomfortable, and has terrible, bumbling customer service. Also, it's apparently the hotel of choice for prostitutes to take their customers, as witnessed firsthand. A waste of money, and I'll never stay at a Rodeway Inn again.

First, their check-in time is 3pm NOT 2pm as listed on virtually every website about them (as we found out when we arrived at 2:15 and our room wasn't ready- we were told to come back later). I can't speak for the beds in all the rooms, but the king-size bed in room 202 was just AWFUL- low to the ground, felt like a board, and springs poking us in the back. The comforter might as well have been two sheets sewn together. We were unable to sleep for most of the night b/c we were in so much pain. Also, in the winter months, the heat has two settings: off and sweltering.

The icing on the cake was being awoken at 5am by three males and two prostitutes carrying on next door in room 201. They were shouting so loud we could hear every word of their conversation, including the haggling over prices and the discussion of a drug deal. We practically RAN out of our room to check out.

The management is inept, at best. When I spoke to the manager on duty, he barely seemed to comprehend our anger and demands for a refund. Rather than calling the police, he rang the room and ordered them to leave- before we were even out of the office! On the way out, I noticed a bottle of Rat Attack (no lie) in the window.

B/c I had placed the reservation online, only the General Mgr could issue us a refund. It has been almost a week, and I have yet to reach him no matter when I call. It took me five days just to get his name from the people who work at the front desk.

In sum: pay the extra money to stay at Resorts just across the street. Yes, this low price IS too good to be true when you look at the awful conditions and service. I will NEVER stay at a Rodeway Inn again.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled as a couple