“Execellent Stay at the Borgata” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Wilmington, Delaware
“Execellent Stay at the Borgata”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Last weekend, we stayed at the Borgata for the first time. We have stayed at a number of Atlantic City hotels, but this was our first time at the Marina district. The Borgata was head and shoulders above any of the Boardwalk hotels in my experience. The hotel was very busy on Sunday, with live music at the Gypsy Bar and a comedy show in the Music Box Theater. There are a number of celebrity chef restaurants, but we ate at the buffet, which was excellent. We booked a "classic" room, which I suppose was the smallest. The room was a good size, with a crisp HD TV, a king size bed and a view of the Marina. The bath was large, with a wonderful marble tiled shower and enormous towels. The room was in great shape with no maintenance issues (unlike my last AC stay). No late night noise intruded, which speaks to solid construction and insulation. We had tickets for the comedy club and it was great fun. In my opinion, the Borgata has the most Las Vegas-type experience in Atlantic City.

Room Tip: We asked for a high floor to get the best views.
2 Thank ChrisfromDE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (815)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

This place is nice. You have everything in a short walk. I the rooms were very nice with a sit down shower, and a glass door. It made me feel like I was home. When finished gambling I was able to get a burger at 4am. This is the nicest casino in Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank iluvtokuddle
Northern NewJersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

If you're looking for a more Vegas-like experience in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the Borgata is a good fit. It's modern style, airy lobbies and malls and vast casino will bring you close to The Strip, at least from a psychological perspective.

Service was good and the hotel room was larger - quite larger than we expected. The restaurants were plentiful and affordable, though you should expect to wait up to an hour or more for the Buffet during prime hours. The views from our room were spectacular as we looked over the entire marina neighborhood and the adjacent beaches. But it should be noted that the Borgata is not on the beach - it is in the city's Marina section.

The limitations were annoying and the hotel should fix these immediately to make itself more competitive, especially to repeat visitors. I did not appreciate having to pay for parking, which was irritating. But perhaps most perturbing was the lack of free in-room Wi-Fi. While Wi-Fi/Internet Access is free and efficient in the lobby and casino areas, it is not in the hotel rooms. For access the hotel demands something like $9-10 nightly, which is rather outrageous for such a necessary amenity in the 21st century. It is this reason alone why my wife and I may not return to this hotel, and the Borgata management should take note as other Atlantic City casinos continue to fail.

Room Tip: Ask for a room above the 20th floor if possible; the views are spectacular
1 Thank NJEducator
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed there while attending a conference. The room was clean and nice but for the price of the room they should at least include a microwave so that you can reheat food or bring your own. There was a snack machine on the same floor with extremely overpriced items. The casinos slot machines are in the same building which is convenient but the hotel is not near the Boardwalk if that is what you are looking for. I may stay again but not for an extended visit. A lot of hidden fees and charges that were not expected.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Uptownie44
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I tagged along on a boys' trip, weary of how a girl who doesn't gamble would fare in a giant casino. I was pleasantly surprised! We stayed in a room with 2 queen beds, and let me tell you those beds are to die for. I spent at least half the trip just catching up on all the rest I've missed for the past 25 years. When I did venture out of the bed, everything was superior quality. The room was large and easily accommodated the 4 of us. There are endless places to eat, and the pool and jacuzzi are a must. I'm almost embarrassed to admit that the pool area was one of the most beautiful places I've seen. It's that kind of upscale quality that makes you feel like you've gotten your money's worth. I should note that because my friends frequent the hotel, we did get one night discounted and didn't have to pay for parking, but I still think it'd be worth the full price for a splurge.

The only negative was the smoking in the casino, but that's more a problem with New Jersey's laws than with the casino itself. I was not prepared for this and could barely spend any time in the casino because the air was so thick with smoke.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank MD2VA
North Stonington, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

The property hype exceeded what it delivered but what was UNACCEPTABLE was the ONE HOUR WAIT for our car to be brought to us; what contempt for their clients this place has, believing that guests have an hour to spend in the parking lot waiting room STANDING UP because there were not enough seats--and simply to be told they were "busier than usual." You CANNOT call for your car in advance but must hand-deliver the slip and then STAND FOR ONE HOUR while they search for your car. Because of their lack of professionalism, my husband and I arrived an hour late to a conference--we thought by budgeting 30 minutes for retrieval of our vehicle was generous. Customer service wanted to give me a gift certificate, then agreed to remove some, but not all, of our room bill. I will warn everyone I know, professionally and personally, to avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: AVOID THIS HOTEL; they do not treat their guests well.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Dr R M
nj
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

I loved the Borgata. Never had a bad experience until this May 2014. Karen (badge 012756..asian, glasses, long nails, wedding ring.) She practically refused to explain my bill. She said "it's the bill, that's it. I don't know how else to explain it." When I asked for a Supervisor Kyle came along. She quickly changed her tune and became attentive to me and suddenly found the issue with the bill. She fixed it within a minute. However, he was no better with customer service. I thanked him and then told him the way dismissive way Karen treated me, he replied with "that's not the Karen I know." You can't make this stuff up! Such a shame. Lazy employees and a supervisor that doesn't even attempt to side with the guest. At least pretend you care about customer service. I guess they can't be bothered. I'll take my $$$$ elsewhere.

• 2 of 5 bubbles