“Room 817 comes with an ok view and a semen bed skirt with hair clumps!”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bayside, New York
“Room 817 comes with an ok view and a semen bed skirt with hair clumps!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I stayed in the hotel rm 817...nice room minus that fact my bed skirt and my friend's had semen all over it... It wasn't hard to see either it was pretty obvious it had both dripped and been wiped off on to the skirt. It would be almost acceptable since mistakes happen and I know cleaning staff are human but there was also a HUGE clump of hair on the floor of the bathroom...not like it was in the corner.... It was pretty close to the MIDDLE!! Like I said, I understand mistakes happen but this is the second time something gross like this has happened to me while staying at borgata. I would have changed rooms or complained but I was running late and really only stayed in the room for a few hours....I was there to gamble. Oh yeah.... Incase anyone doesn't believe me I have pictures.

One of my last borgata stays included a big dry patch on the rug which kinda looked to us all like vomit and once there was a used towel in the room... I think this stuff will keep me from wanting to stay at borgata ever despite my love for the staff and casino... Shame

Side note: We ate at old homestead and it took forever for the food and our meat was all over done..the waiters agreed with us... That was a $720 meal that was a waste of gambling time and money. Al of that I assume is not borgata's fault but they are located in the borgata and I wanted to let you guys know to be prepared. Should I stay here again? Should you?

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
10 Thank Dan D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (837)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Chambersburg, PA
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Just returned from a weekend at The Borgata. We have spent many nights at many hotels in Atlantic City and The Borgata always excels over the others. Our room with king sized bed was large, comfortable, and well appointed. Nice large bathroom with walk-in tiled shower. Property itself is beautiful and well maintained with good security throughout. All in all, it is a classy hotel with clientele to match.

Room Tip: Pick a high room for outstanding views of the boardwalk and ocean.
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed just two night in A.C. this place is immaculate . We forgot to bring shower caps ,called the front desk and they were delivered quickly .Latter a phone call to us to confirm they were delivered. Rooms are big, smell fresh every time u enter. Casino is tremendous with a large selection of restaurants.

Room Tip: NO WIFI in room had to go to lobby to get free wifi or pay 9.95 for in room internet service.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The room we stayed in was on the 26th floor. We were asked if we wanted a city view or bay view, and I said as long as we don't have a parking lot view. Guess what, if you ask for a city view, obviously the parking lot view comes with it. Disappointed. Also, the Borgata has a good name in Atlantic City, but I would think that the furniture should not be stained. And they could use some work on the bathroom in removing the mold, and filling in the caulk. It was okay, but for the price, not great.

Room Tip: I am not sure, but I would certainly ask to see a room with a bay view, before making my selection...
Monroe, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We really love Borgata a great place to stay and have fun. We go to that casino almost every month to relax and gamble. We enjoyed staying more on one of the connected hotel which is the WATER CLUB Hotel (same company, same location). Food and the buffest place is delicious.

One place we suggest that you avoid is the "Metropolitan Cafe Restaurant". The staffs are mostly untrained and rude. One time we asked to get to tea bags and the server made us look like thiefs told us "you need to pay 2 then". For 2 tea bags, she only gave us 1 hot pot. We tried to request additional hot water, which she refrain from coming to our table until we are done with our meal. That is just one of the multiple bad experience we had from that awful restaurant.

For the atmosphere and gamin fun, we highly recommend Borgata!!

Room Tip: Unless you require handicapped rooms, stay away from those rooms. There are times they do have avai...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Huntington, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Atlantic City has really gone downhill fast, but not the Borgata. It is the same luxury hotel that it was years ago. I truly believe it is the ONLY hotel to stay in. The rooms are well taken care of and the service was really good. If planning a trip to AC consider this your only option...

Room Tip: Get a high floor fir the view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Borgata is definitely the best hotel in the Atlantic City area. It has that Las Vegas vibe to it and its very modern and clean. We arrived to the hotel around 10:30AM and they were able to give us a room right away (I though we were going to have to wait until at least 2:00). The room itself was OK, it was starting to show its wear a little bit but overall, it was fine. I recommend a room on a high floor so you can see the boardwalk/ocean. The casino and all the bars on the casino floor were fun, very lively and upbeat. We also had dinner at Wolfgang Pucks restaurant which was delicious. All in all, i would stay here again and would recommend it to people going to AC who want more of an upscale feel to their accommodations.

Room Tip: High floor = Good view. Keep in mind, lots of bachelor and bachelorette parties here so some rooms m...