“Great Place Going Back in 2 Weeks!”

Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa
Ranked #1 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 7 June 2009

So I just came back from a night at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, NJ and I loved it. We had booked a one night stay (a friday) on a very busy night, a sold out concert by Mary J. Blige. Originally I had booked a king size room but when I checked in I asked if there were any upgrades for the night and guess what? there were! We were upgraded to the "Fury" suite. It was a beautiful, bright, and spacious room. The hotel is very new and very clean as a matter of fact its immaculate.

We were on the 6th floor in room# 601. While I loved the room I didn't like the view at all.
If you come to Atlantic City you cannot miss the humongous wind farm and it seemed like a front row seat to them. I honestly can't complain because A. the room was free for us. B. We had a free upgrade to the suite.

The casino has everything for everyone. If you want to play $1 cent slots or $5 dollar roulette. There is also a smoking area. If you like the nightlife there are 3 clubs there: mur. mur., Mixx, and Gypsy Bar. The Borgata is off the strip so if you want to casino hop make sure you put on some comfy sneakers.

Restaurants Within the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa

There are numerous high end restaurants to eat at. You can choose from the following: Wolfgang Puck, Bobby Flay Steakhouse, Fornelletto,Old Homestead Steakhouse, Seablue, and Izakaya. There is also a casual dining avaiable and you have the options: Borgata Buffet, The Metropolitan, Bread+Butter, N.O.W, and Roma. We ate one restaurant in each group. We were able to be seated promptly on a Friday night at Wolfgang Puck's restaurant. Once inside you have the option of sitting in the casual section or the fine dining section. We chose the fine dining only because there was an item on its menu that I wanted. I ordered the pink lady apple salad (loved it) and asparagus and shrimp risotto. I was not too pleased with the entree because the risotto was a tad bit too al dente for my taste and I was too hungry to send it back! My husband had the pan roasted swordfish for his entree and the spring garlic soup for his app. My husband liked the spring garlic soup but be forewarned you have to love garlic to enjoy this dish. As far as the swordfish is concerned it was average nothing spectacular about it.

Borgata Buffet

We loved it here. We ate on Saturday morning before heading out. You can order anything from eggs to order to waffles with whip cream. It costs $15pp and it includes all drinks.

We did drive to the Borgata from NYC and parking was easy and cheap $5. All in all it was a great stay. If you want a girlfriend weekend, bachelor/bachelorette party or just want to hang out with your significant other you will have a blast.

I hope this review helps ya. Happy Travels!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sevilla0787

Reviewed 5 June 2009

We just stayed at the Borgata Hotel in Atlantic City.

If I were to rate the experience, I would give it 5 stars. On a scale of 1 - 10, I would give it maybe 9 out of ten.

I was extremely impressed by the courtesy of the staff. It was constant. That makes for such a pleasant experience.

The hotel was immaculate.

The view (we were on the 34th floor) was just amazing.

We went to see Jay Leno. His comedy chops were right on target. He was great. We could see and hear everything very easily. Just a wonderful event.

We ate at two top quality restaurants at the Borgata...Bobby Flay Steak and the Wolfgang Puck American Grille. I had no clue that casino hotels had restaurants of that quality.

I was also impressed by the gambling opportunities. There were both slots and tables for everyone...from those who only wanted to play 1 cent or 5 cent slots to those who wanted to play at a $5 or $10 blackjack table...to the higher end gambling.

My gal and I needed a break from the rat race and the Borgata supplied that completely.

1  Thank Trip999Jon88
Reviewed 4 June 2009

Had a quick, one-night stay here. The room was spacious, but other than that, nothing outstanding. The best aspect of it was the bathroom - huge, with nice toiletries, and a great shower. Having heard that this was the best property in AC, I was a bit surprised to find it to be on par with the Trump Marina, which I checked into the next day, and which is also a lot cheaper. That being said, I would stay again if I got a good rate, but would prefer to be on the Boardwalk for the convenience of getting to the other casino hotels or just enjoying the walk along the seaside. I do agree with a previous poster who mentioned their poor ventilation and the smell of smoke everywhere. I studiously avoided the smoking areas of the casino floor, but still felt like I'd spent the night in a smoky bar when I checked into the Trump Marina.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 June 2009

the Borgata hotel casino & spa is definitely the place to stay while in Atlantic City!
It reminds me very much of the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
The rooms are spacious, very clean, comfortable!
The bathroom is very clean, lights are good, spacious!

The view from the hotel is great you can see the city, the water, the islands!

The casino downstairs has really great staff *hello Kimberly*
definitely play roulette @ her table! Great to convince you to keep playing more and more and be happy whether to win or lose.

The club at the hotel Mur Mur very nice, spacious, good selection of liquor and good music for a Friday compliments of the dj!

The food and shops are also great and well priced, not overly expensive as compared to other cities.

I definitely will be coming back when I return to Atlantic City! WIll be recommending to everyone the resort.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2009

After reading the many reviews on this site about how wonderful this place is, I decided to book a room here instead of at Showboat. I had previously stayed in the Trump Plaza and the Chairman's Tower at Taj Mahal before coming to Borgata, looking to end my trip on a high note.

However, the hotel room at the Borgata was mediocre at best. The room was a boring white color, the sheets they touted so much about on their website were not comfortable and the TV was a 26' tiny screen TV. It was a large room with a lot of empty space and a boring design. The bathroom was nice and the stand-in shower was spacious but it was definitely not worth the 150.00 plus tax I paid.

The casino itself was expansive and the slots were a bit more loose than at the Trump places. However, every time I went to sit down and play a table game, I got carded. Then one of the pit-bosses went as far as to insinuate my ID was fake (I'm 27 years old by the way). Several of the dealers were rude to me in asking for my ID as well (had it snatched out of my hand twice).

After playing roulette, I went to the cashier to change my chips in for cash. The cashier took my $30 and did a fancy show of stacking and spreading the chips in front of me. I got my money and saw that I only got $25. I had no proof that I had just been cheated and I'm sure that was done on purpose. Be sure to count your chips out to the cashier if you happen to win at Borgata; don't be an idiot like me.

Overall, it is an okay place but a HUGE letdown from everything I have heard. The hotel was nothing like described on Borgata's website. Its location away from the Boardwalk kinda sucks because you can't park and walk to Harrah's or Trump Marina. In my opinion, Trump Taj Mahal or Showboat would be a better idea.

2  Thank guymasters
Reviewed 16 May 2009

The Borgata is a beautiful hotel. It is located in the marina district which means you are not located on the boardwalk. Some will find this to be a plus. I find it to be a problem. During the summer months I use the boardwalk often. Borgata offers many fine dining restaurants. I ate in Bobby Flay which was delicious. Upon check in I asked for a suite upgrade and got it. It was a Fiore Suite on the 5th floor. The suite was clean but worn. Borgata's rooms are about 6 years old and need to be updated. Overall I feel Borgata is a beautiful hotel but I wish they offered more to do. Any trip there for more then one night can become very boring.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 May 2009

My husband and I enjoyed our trip to the Borgata in AC. We stayed on May 11, 2009 for my birthday. The Spa Package was great. My husband had a massage and a haircut and I had a facial, manicure, and pedicure on our first day. You can spend the whole day at the spa relaxing in the tubs or steam room (we spent 4 hours there). This was the first time my husband and I have been away without our kids 5,3,and 1 in 5 years. We fully enjoyed this trip, felt relaxed after, and can't wait to do it again for his birthday.

We had an amazing dinner at the The Homestead and a nice breakfast the following day at the restauraunt. The Homestead-offers great food and service-we recommend the Homestead Salad and the Porterhouse.

One negative:
I wish the Borgata would do something to better manage the smell of smoke in the Casino and Lobby. The main lobby/casino floor is like a jigsaw puzzle with every other piece being smoking or non-smoking. Non-smokers really have to tolerate the smell of smoke at the Casino, in the Lobby, and going to the Restauraunts. We went to the Boardwalk and experience the same problem at other Hotels by the Boardwalk.

We loved this experience and we would recommend it for a quick get away from the NY area.