“I should not tell you this secret”
Review of Chef Vola's

Chef Vola's
Ranked #6 of 432 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Promise you are not going to blab to everyone you know about this place,or you will never get in again.
Also,don't make a reservation and cancel, you will be forever banned.Oh,and dont think your getting in this Saturdaynight either..Try a month from now.
Yes a lot of rules and your sure to be disappointed at first glance to have to sit in the basement of a house on Albion Place.
The decor is certainly never going to challenge LeCirque or Danielle. It is also very tight in there. But..........
The food is classic Italian. Exciting and fresh You can also BYOB.It is a professional team that serves and attend to you.
I just made a reservation for November.Go here,you should not be disappointed,but don't tell anyone.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

Growing up in a traditional Italian family, I felt like I was at Sunday dinner at my" Nonnie's house..Excellent food and service. Atmosphere is fabulous. So lucky to get a reservation. Variety of dishes were chosen by everyone in our party. Everyone was thrilled with their entree . Also don't skip dessert so many choices. You will not be disappointed. Hope to return in the near future.

1  Thank Lnl131
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We’ve heard so much about Chef Vola’s over the past few years we figured we had to try it. WE had heard it’s very difficult to get a reservation so we had the Concierge at the Borgata call the day of. We got lucky and scored a 5PM dinner reservation. We went the wine store in the Tropicana and bought two expensive bottles of Brunello wine since the restaurant is BYOB. When we arrived we went up the stairs and were told to go downstairs to check in. We did so and were brought back upstairs to be seated. Unfortunately it was close to 90 degrees that day and eating outside doesn’t work for me. After 5 minutes we were sweating. We went back downstairs to see if we could be seated inside where it wasn’t very cool but it was out of the heat. We were told we had no reservation and shouldn’t have been seated at all. After 5 minutes of explanation about how our reservation was made he finally found our name. We were seated in the backroom which contained 4 tables. It was so cramped we almost decided to leave but since the food was supposed to be fantastic we decided to give it a go. The people at the other tables are right on top of you, they might as well be sitting with you. I guess that’s why they call in Family style. It was very,very uncomfortable to say the least! The service was just ok,not friendly,just someone reading what was available that day. We split the house salad which was ok but nothing special. My Wife had the crab cakes which she reported were very good. I had the linguine bolognese which was good but not great. I should have ordered the appetizer size instead of wasting the money on the entree size. The meal was served family style and was enough for three hungry people. The desert was really the most incredible part of the meal. We had the coconut,pecan ricotta cheesecake that was unbelievable. All in all I could hardly wait to get out of my cramped seating and stretch. It was a memorable meal but not in a great way. I would never return to this establishment. Also I might add, This establishment does not accept credit cards.

1  Thank BobCMiddletown
Reviewed 29 September 2017

We actually plan our yearly or bi-yearly visit around getting reservations at Chef Vola. This is the first time we were seated outside upstairs, which we preferred to our usual indoor table. To die for chicken parm and veal parm on the bone with a side of linguine with marinara. Sadly, too full to order dessert. Excellent service and another fantastic meal. We love this place and have not found another restaurant in AC that even comes close to their consist deliciousness.

Reviewed 15 September 2017

This BYOB restaurant is in the basement of a house and you have to have a reservation to get in. The seating is tight, it gets loud and you have to go through the hot kitchen to find the bathroom. But the food is excellent, especially the specials and homemade desserts. Be prepared to leave with leftovers. I had the special veal parm butterflied on the bone and it was awesome, so was the linguini and white clam sauce side and the homemade banana cream pie. If you're in AC, you have to go, you won't regret it.

1  Thank Anthony C