“21st Birthday Getaway! ”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Elizabeth at the front desk was super friendly and even though we arrived 3 hrs before check in she was able to accommodate us and got us a great view. My guests and I were able to enjoy the indoor pool and even got to play a pool in the game room. I'm posting a picture of the beautiful sunset I got to see waking up after my 21st birthday :)

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Sergio C:

Happy Belated 21st Birthday!! It is great that you chose Skyline Tower for your birthday celebration. We thank you so much :) It is also good to hear you had such a nice experience with Liz and that you got a room with a great view. Nothing beats a great sunset! Liz is a true a pleasure and such an asset to our team. Please know, that I will share your comments with her and her department head. Customer service is very important to us. Liz will be happy that you took the time to mention the experience with her.

Thank you again for spending your birthday with us. We do hope you are able to come and visit us again real soon.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here last weekend with my wife, they did some renovations which has helped with the lobby area but the elevator situation is still pretty awful but I don't think they can do anything about it without major construction. My biggest issue is the pressure they put on you at check in to goto a timeshare presentation, I said no about 10 times but they finally got me to agree to a 45 minute presentation on the day I was checking out. They tell you it will only be 45 minutes but it ends up being 2 hours+. Next time I will stick to my NO or just walk away as the woman is still talking, you have to be rude with these people as they are programmed not to take no for an answer. The other issue I had was they won't bring stuff to your room, I called down to ask if they had an extra comb and toothpaste and I was told "yes we do but you have to come and get it" which seemed a bit off, normally somebody is sent to your room with your items. Anyway, other than THAT our room was very nice (no issues) and we had a great time.

Room Tip: You wanna have a view of the beach if possible, otherwise you're overlooking the poverty stricke...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear 208Jay:

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment on Trip Advisor about your recent stay at Skyline Tower. We really appreciate your comments as guest feedback is the only way we can rectify the situations that made your stay "almost perfect". Please know that I have forwarded your post to our Director of Sales for him to review your sales complaints. In addition, I spoke with the front desk and they apologize for the inconvenience of not bringing the items to your room directly. We do have runners for that sole purpose and again apologize.

I do hope you are able to return again in the near future and give us the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I came here with three of my girlfriends for a long weekend. The valet parking was nice, and at only $10, not a bad price. We were able to leave our cars at 10:30 am even though our room obviously wasn't ready. We headed off to the beach and were able to get in our room around 2 pm (even though check in isn't until 4pm). Our room was on the 30th floor, and it did not disappoint! We had a one bedroom suite--nice king bed, queen pullout, jacuzzi tub, kitchen table, and fully stocked kitchen! We loved that there was a blender, baking pan, measuring cups, and plenty of cups and wine glasses! Our balcony was open, so we were not affected by the renovations. We enjoyed looking over the beach and boardwalk, and had a lovely view! We also checked out the pool, hot tub, and locker rooms. The sauna was very nice, and the showers in the locker room even had soap, shampoo, and conditioner to wash off with after swimming! Overall, we had an excellent stay! The only negatives were that none of the phones in the room or the phone in the hallway on our floor worked, so we were not able to call down to have our bags loaded up when we needed to check out. Normally, that would not be a big deal, but the elevators are so slow and crowded! It was very hard for us to get all our bags downstairs without a cart and employee helping us!

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Aldrahos:

Thank you for choosing Skyline Tower for your girls weekend! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the amenities in your room and the view from the 30th floor! As for having problems with the phones, I truly do apologize. Please feel free to email me at bobbi.mcrae@wyn.com prior to your next stay and I will make sure your room is personally inspected by our housekeeping manager to make sure everything is more than perfect for your stay.

Thank you for taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. Your comments are appreciated and we hope to see you again real soon for the next "Girls Weekend".

Have a wonderful night!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

This is the second year we have stayed at the Wyndham Skyline Tower. We travel to AC for my granddaughter's dance competition and it is wonderful to have a two bedroom condo where 4 adults and 2 kids can live in comfort for the week. The resort is a block from the boardwalk, but that means it is also a block away from the hubbub. The staff there is always helpful and will try to accommodate any needs such as extra towels and blankets, advice on things to do, etc. The kids enjoy the pool. There is no nightlife at the Wyndham but Resorts is right across the street if you want to take in a show, go to a restaurant, or visit the casino. We liked staying in a hotel that does not have a casino as we felt it was more family friendly. The only drawbacks are long waits for the elevator and having to use the valet parking. We generally walk wherever we want to go so the valet parking is not a huge issue for us and we just plan extra time for the elevator wait. I would definitely recommend this hotel. You will pay extra if you want daily maid service. Frankly I prefer not having someone coming in the room to clean every day.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NJCarolCass

Dear NJCarolCass:

Thank you so much for coming back to see us two years in a row! It always nice to see returning faces at our property. The dance competitions with the girls in the amazing elaborate costumes have become very big in this town and bring in such a family oriented crowd, which is a delight. We do hope your grand daughter did well in the competition and hope you come back to see us again next year.

Thank you again for visiting and taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. It is appreciated! We hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Great room with a great view!! Big comfy bed and pillows. We ended up staying in a 1 bedroom deluxe suite. Had 1 person Jacuzzi in the bedroom as well! Room seems to have been renovated recently as well. New paint and tile in the bathroom. Granite counter-top in the full kitchen. We did get a room with an open balcony, which was great. I have heard about the renovations being an issue, but we only heard them working 1 day in the afternoon. Staff was super friendly, and very helpful. As everyone says its a short walk to the boardwalk, and the Steel Pier. The elevators are slow, but not outrages. The only complaint I had is the 5'5" shower head. (I'm 5'11") Other than that, I would recommend the suite!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Russrock:

Great room and great view!! What a way to start a post about our property! Thank you so much :) We are so glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations while staying with us. Please know, we will also share your post with our staff for them see your comments about staff being super friendly and helpful. They work very hard to exceed guest expectations and are always glad to hear when they do so.

Thank you again for positive post. We hope to see you again soon at Skyline Tower.

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Living about one hour north of Atlantic City, my wife and I come down for some much needed R&R. My family are Wyndham time share owners and have traveled the US and abroad with the timeshare and my favorite place is 1 hour from home. Go figure. The skyline is a great place to hang your hat and bathing suit. The rooms are terrific. Spacious, beds are comfortable and the hotel is quiet. The views are spectacular if you request a high floor ocean view. You want to gamble, step out and resorts is 200 yards away, you want the beach, 300 yards away. You want 5 star restaurants, you have at least 10 within walking distance. You want a show, a concert, magic show, its all here within w walking distance or a rickshaw ride away. Even walking the boardwalk you can see some great entertainment. If i had a negative thing to say, it would be that they do not have a hotel store to get the little things that you forgot. Other than that.........good to go. Ps the elevators are not that slow. ENJOY!!!

Room Tip: High floor, oceanview
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank macksdad

Dear Macksdad:

Wow! Thank you so much for posting on Trip Advisor that we are you favorite place! We are so happy to hear that and even happier to know you think we are a great place to "hang your hat and bathing suit". It is also good to hear that it seems as though you took advantage of all Atlantic City has to offer with casinos and restaurants while here. We thank you again and are just excited to that you chose to stay with us and had spectacular views during your stay.

We do hope you come and visit us again real soon!

Have a wonderful day today :)

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great resort, everyone (staff, guests, etc) were extremely friendly and welcoming. The only 2 negatives I have are that the elevators are extremely slow, and there is no early check in option (we were there at 1 and had to wait until 4 to check in). Otherwise, the resort exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Melis2204
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear Melis2204:

Thank you so much for your kind words on Trip Advisor. We will share your comments with our staff so that they know your expectations were not only met but exceeded! We work very hard to achieve this and are so happy when owners/guests take the time to let us know. We do wish we could change the current elevator situation in the summer and the wait times during our busy season and apologize for the inconvenience. As for the check in time, our staff spends a lot of time cleaning and preparing the rooms for our guests to meet expectations. I apologize that at times, this does delay check in time, although we try our best not to have this happen.

Again, thank you for reaching out and we look forward to your next visit.