“Great place -- execpt the ELEVATORS!!”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We would have given this place a 4 or 5 - but it is getting a 3 star rating because of the elevators. We were there mid-July for 5 days. We booked it on expedia got a very good rate. We specifically were looking for a separate bedroom area as we were travelling with our child.

The units are nice and new. We were very happy with the size of the rooms and the furniture. The kitchen could have been better organized. I don't need tons of kitchen supplies (who needs measuring spoons and 5 different types of mixing bowls?) but I would like cupboard space for the items we did bring, but there wasn't much.

We did not book as a time share, we booked as a hotel room so we were a little disappointed to not have daily house keeping but it wasn't that big of a deal.

We didn't want to do a time share meeting and said so, so we weren't bugged further to do it.

The balcony was open which was nice. We were nervous they would be closed based on the reviews and the posting on their site. Ours was small-ish but it fit our needs for some card playing when our little boy was napping.

We asked for clean towels and a few other items mid-way though our stay and we received a big bag of items promptly.

The gym was decent. The pool was ok - but it could really use some more true outdoor space.

The location was fine. Yes, the hotel next door seemed a little seedy but it was only about a 10 minute walk (with a 16 month old, a stroller and supplies) to the beach and boardwalk. It is also approximately 10 minute walk to a grocery store.

The elevators were a nightmare! This could be alleviated a bit with signs showing people where the stairs were. There were plenty of able bodied people who could have used them but didn't know they were available. We had a stroller so we didn't have a choice most of the time. At one point my dh waited 25 minutes. Another couple told us they waited 45. This is compounded by the wait for valet. Luckily we took advantage of Revel's free parking, though that was a 15 minute walk away.

Free WiFi was nice.

Overall - nice place, too bad about the elevators.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Boowaacaa:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post about your 5 day stay with us in July. Please know that I will share your remarks and suggestions with our management team, especially your suggestion about a more visible sign for stairs. On a positive note, I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and the promptness of our staff. I do hope you and your family will give us another chance to make your stay exceptional and that we see you again real soon!

There are newer reviews for Wyndham Skyline Tower

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Car I am getting it right now and then not until I am standing in the lobby for 20 min until I get my car. Elevators are busy by do able. Can not use a cart to get your own stuff down from the top floor but lots of people doin nothing in the lobby

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Jenleigh1976:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent trip to Skyline Tower. I do apologize that you had problems with our elevators and your wait for valet. During our peak times, there can be a delay for the elevators and I am sorry for the inconvenience that it caused for you. As for Valet, we try our very best to get your car as quickly as possible and I am sorry again for the wait, as it is not our norm. I do hope you do not let this one visit tarnish your image of us and that you are able to return again in the near future. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Unit was perfectly clean, decent size, and good comfortable furniture. Requested low floor since the elevators are truly a nightmare at certain times of the day. Sunday checkout took me 29 minutes waiting for an elevator.

Room Tip: request a low floor, and near the elevator because you will wait in hall for 10 minutes NO MATTER WH...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DTraci
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear DTraci:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent trip. We really do appreciate it! Unfortunately, during our peak season there is a wait for the elevators and we re unable to add additional elevators at this time. I truly do apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. We do try our very best to meet and exceed guest expectations and I am sorry we fell short of this on your trip do to elevator wait times.

We do hope you decide to come back and visit us again real soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

their elevators weren't so horrible. I have stayed in many hotels in my day and I have never ever experienced such a wait and delay for elevators in my entire life. There was literally a line to get into the elevators every day. The elevators reminded me of the subway in NYC during rush hour. We were packed like sardines and it would stop on every floor. Meaning, if your room is located on a higher floor, it will literally take you forever.

However, putting the nightmare elevator experience aside, the hotel itself is beautiful. Our room was immaculate. The bed and pillows were comfy. We had a spectacular view with a balcony. Everything in the room, from the kitchen to bathroom, was brand spanking new.

The amenities are generous. The pool and jacuzzi was nice. They have plenty of chairs and offer you free towels. There is a locker room, with bathrooms, showers and a sauna. They have a movie theater, pool table, and an arcade. There are plenty of activities and fun for the entire family.

They offer complimentary Wifi throughout the hotel. There is a computer room with two computers and printers for your convenience, which I took full advantage of.

There is a 24 hour laundry room with complimentary washers and dryers for your convenience. Please keep in mind that you will have to wait for the machines if you go before midnight and the cycles are long.

I wasn't thrilled about the fact that housekeeping did not come to make beds or give us new towels. We stayed for four days and they didn't come by once. We were told if we needed anything to call the front desk and request it. However, whenever we did call, they delivered expeditiously.

The other turn off for me was being charged $10 a day for parking. They also did not allow us bring up our belongings to our room. Their attendants have to bring it up for you, which means you will be obligated to tip them. Once you arrive to your room, you have to sit and wait awhile for your belongings to arrive because of the elevator situation.

The other thing I disliked immensely was that check-in is 4:00pm and check-out is 10:00am. When I asked if I could extend the check-out time, they told me I could extend it for an hour for $35.00. Are they serious? $35.00 for an hour? Ahhh, no thanks, I'll keep my thirty-five dollars.

One other thing to keep in mind, if it's going to be your first visit to Wyndham Skyline Towers, is that upon check-in, they will escort to receive a welcome packet. Although they give you some discounts, it's actually to tell you about their timeshare presentation and have you sign up. They will mention the presentation only lasts an hour, but it's well over two hours.

Wyndham Skyline Towers is a block away from the Resorts Hotel, is conveniently located and within walking distance of the Boardwalk and beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors if you don't want to deal with the elevator wait.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PilarVArsenec

Dear PilarVarsenec:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed post about your recent visit to Skyline Tower. We truly do appreciate all the feedback, as it is the only way we know and can rectify guest/owner issues that are in our control. As for the elevators, I truly do apologize that you felt like a sardine and were inconvenienced so much by them. Unfortunately, at peak times there can be a wait and again I apologize. As for your other concerns, please know that they will be brought to managements attention. We do try our best to offer the best guest/owner experience we can and I am sorry we fell short on your trip. My hopes are that you will come back again real soon and that your next experience is perfect!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Located near but not "on" the boardwalk, it is a five minute walk to the boardwalk. Once on the boardwalk, Resorts, Taj Mahal, and Revel are to the left and all other casinos are to the right. The Tropicana is a 20+ minute walk on the boardwalk. Walking on the streets (Pacific & Atlantic Ave) is not advised, as it is not as safe as the boardwalk. Cabs are available in front go the hotel.

Build time into your schedule for the elevators and valet, as they are overwhelmed and slow. Higher floors give you a better view, but lower floors give you a chance to take the stairs instead of waiting for the elevators. Everyone we dealt with was friendly and helpful.

The unit was as expected; fully stocked, clean, roomy. The tub didn't drain quickly, bummer. The heating/cooling unit in the bedroom was very loud. Since it is next to the head of the bed, it is not easy to sleep with it on. We had to choose between the noise or the heat.

Overall, not a bad stay.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kris91

Dear Kris91:

I would like to start by thanking you for posting about your recent trip. I am glad to hear that it was "not a bad stay" but do hope in the near future you are able to post that it was an "excellent" stay.

It is good to know that you enjoyed the location and found staff to be helpful. I just wish you did not encounter any problems with your room. Please know, you can always call the front desk who will send someone up immediately to fix any problems you have or they will room change you (if available) to make sure you are more than happy with accommodations. As for the elevators, yes there is a delay with them during our peak time and I am sorry for any inconvenience it caused you during your stay.

We do hope you come back and visit us again real soon and allow us to "wow" you doing your stay.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed in July for 5 nights and despite the reception area being a bit unwelcoming the staff were helpful for check in and then for information about the area and the hotel. They did seem to put a fair bit of importance on a timeshare presentation which you can either chose to do or not to do. we did out of curiosity, however it was interesting to see them sell on top quality resorts when with no disrespect to this one, this is not the best Wyndham I have stayed at by a long shot. The facilities were fairly basis with a gym and pool on 6th floor and very little else with no bar/eating facilities. The servicing of rooms was on a “when asked for” basis. This is fine when you get used to it, but just a bit unusual based on what we paid for the hotel. Location I certainly couldn't fault and the size and cleanliness of rooms again were very good. Overall good hotel after you get your head round what they are offering. Overall good property but maybe the staff (who were excellent overall) should spend less time on Timeshare and more looking after existing paying customers.

Room Tip: Away from lifts and a top floor if you like the view,
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Wull1:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your July trip on Trip Advisor. We really do appreciate all the feedback and forward all comments to management for review in hopes to rectify what did not make a guests trip perfect. Thank you again, we do hope you come back and visit us again and give us another opportunity to serve and "wow" you.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We stayed a couple days in mid July with our kids. This is not the best Wyndham and in fact I think this is pretty low on their "to-do" list.

MOST IMPORTANT note:
The elevator here is extremely slow. We waited for over 30 minutes one time and had to take the stairs with a stroller and beach stuff. Ask for a low floor, trust me, you will regret staying at the top during prime day hours.

Hotel Room:
We stayed in a one bedroom deluxe. The space was nice as it had a full kitchen, jacuzzi tub, separate bathroom, and a sofa bed. The balcony was decent and it was fairly large, it could probably fit 10 people. The rooms just did not feel welcoming at all. It felt dirty and dark.

Parking:
I am not a fan of valet parking unless it is absolutely needed. This is the only choice at this hotel and it is an additional $10 a day. Most of the valet guys expect a tip which is another added cost. You also have to wait for 10-20 minutes since there is only one lane going and going out. We had a family that didnt bring their luggage and we had to wait for 45 minutes.

Activities:
There seemed to be a lot of things to do for kids. There is a movie theater and it looked like you could rent movies as well from a library. There is a pool that was always busy. Other than that you probably want to find something outside of the hotel to do.

Beach:
The beach and boardwalk is about 10 minute walk. It definitely isnt easy walking with all of your beach stuff and a couple of kids. One thing you will notice is that there are a lot of shady people in alley between the Wyndham and the boardwalk.

As soon as I took one step off of the boardwalk (not exaggerating either) i got approached by some dude asking for money. He gave me the whole i just got out of prison speech. I didnt give him anything and like every other waste of life he rolled his eyes and went away. The point of this story is just think what would have happened if it was dark.

Casinos:
The closest casino is the Resorts, which doesnt look appealing at all. Revel is best casino close by and it is about a 15-20 walk from the room. Make sure you take the boardwalk route and try not to travel alone.

OVERALL:
I will never stay at this hotel ever again, however, I will stay at other Wyndhams. This was dirty, the walk was too far, the alley isnt safe. If you stay in Atlantic City, then stay at one of the casinos. Trust me it is worth it, especially at night when you have a wad of cash in your pocket.

Room Tip: The elevator here is extremely slow. We waited for over 30 minutes one time and had to take the sta...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank BS0716
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear BS0716:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your July visit. I truly do apologize that you did not feel our hotel was up to par and that you and your family were not able to enjoy Atlantic city more. I do hope you change your mind and decide to return and visit us again. We do appreciate your feedback, and with management we will do our best to rectify the problems you mentioned that are in our control. We work very hard to not only meet but, exceed expectations and would love to be able to redeem ourselves in the eyes of your family.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful day!