“Great Hotel, horrible elevators”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio, United States
“Great Hotel, horrible elevators”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

What everyone says in their reviews about the elevators is definitely true! They take a very long time to get to your floor. I was hoping people were exaggerating, but that wasn't he case. However, that was the only bad thing about this hotel. Location was great. Front desk staff was very friendly. We had a couple of issues in our room, and they were taken care of immediately after us calling about them. We also had follow up calls about the issues throughout the weekend. We had a two room suite, and it was wonderful! The sofa bed was even comfortable! Kitchen was fully equipped, had everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kimdrum
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Kimdrum:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive post. I am glad to hear that you liked the location and our hotel. It is also good to hear our staff promptly assisted you when you experienced a problem and followed up with phone calls to make sure that everything was good. Customer service is so important to us. As for the elevators, unfortunately wait time during peak times of the year is an issue and we are so sorry for the inconvenience. I wish we were able to add more elevators at this time but, unfortunately we are not. I do hope that you do not let the elevators deter you from future visits and that we are able to see you again real soon.

Have a wonderful day today!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Englewood cliffs nj
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice room, kind staff.. Elevators are a HUGE problem. With 3 small children we waited up to 20min (we timed it) We were on the 18th floor and totally stuck. Finally had to go "up" in order to go back down. That's what everyone was doing. Had to be "rescued" by a worker who used his key to have is go straight to the lobby. Average wait time was 10-15min for an elevator. Just not enough elevator for the amount of people. Huge issue for us we may check out early... Can't do it with a toddler. It's a real problem.

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank 2MoonGoddess
Dear 2MoonGoddess:

Nice room, kind staff - is always nice to see in a post! Thank you so much, we appreciate it! I am sorry the elevators were such a huge problem for you, especially with 3 small children. We do know the wait can be inconvenient during peak times of the year and wish we could add elevators at this time. Unfortunately we are unable to right now. We do hope you and your family are able to come back and visit us again real soon and maybe it will not be during a peak time when elevators can be an issue.

Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, Canada
Reviewed 16 August 2014

The only thing I didn't appreciated is the elevators..... they are slow and there is only two.
I was expecting a nice hotel and I was right.
The Wyndham Skyline Tower is clean and very well located, near the beach !
I just don't recommend to take a walk at night in other places than on the boardwalk, it's a strange square.....
But, by the way....
Nice beach ;)

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank t0mfr0gz
Dear t0mfr0gz:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent trip. We do have 3 elevators on property. I am sorry if one of the elevators was out of service during some of your stay. We know during peak times, there can be a wait for the elevators and truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. I am happy to hear that you were able to make it to the beach and commented on how clean the property was while you were here. I do hope in some way, this made up for the inconvenience with the elevators. My hopes are that you return again real soon to come and visit us, and do not have the long waits for elevators that you experienced on your last trip.

Deer Park, New York
Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a great time in AC! Going "home" to Wyndham Skyline Tower was great! The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are a nice size, kitchen is beautiful. Beautiful view from bedroom windows and balcony. The staff, from elevator personnel to supervisors were all very helpful and sociable. I loved that I felt like I was home and everything was clean!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank shellybeanz08
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear sukimo96:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent trip to Skyline Tower. We truly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you "Love this hotel"! Customer service is so important to us, so it is great to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly and helpful! As for the elevators, I do apologize for any inconvenience they caused you and we do know that wait times are an issue with the elevators and hope to rectify that in the future.

Thank you again for your post. Have a wonderful day today!
Ontario
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We would have given this place a 4 or 5 - but it is getting a 3 star rating because of the elevators. We were there mid-July for 5 days. We booked it on expedia got a very good rate. We specifically were looking for a separate bedroom area as we were travelling with our child.

The units are nice and new. We were very happy with the size of the rooms and the furniture. The kitchen could have been better organized. I don't need tons of kitchen supplies (who needs measuring spoons and 5 different types of mixing bowls?) but I would like cupboard space for the items we did bring, but there wasn't much.

We did not book as a time share, we booked as a hotel room so we were a little disappointed to not have daily house keeping but it wasn't that big of a deal.

We didn't want to do a time share meeting and said so, so we weren't bugged further to do it.

The balcony was open which was nice. We were nervous they would be closed based on the reviews and the posting on their site. Ours was small-ish but it fit our needs for some card playing when our little boy was napping.

We asked for clean towels and a few other items mid-way though our stay and we received a big bag of items promptly.

The gym was decent. The pool was ok - but it could really use some more true outdoor space.

The location was fine. Yes, the hotel next door seemed a little seedy but it was only about a 10 minute walk (with a 16 month old, a stroller and supplies) to the beach and boardwalk. It is also approximately 10 minute walk to a grocery store.

The elevators were a nightmare! This could be alleviated a bit with signs showing people where the stairs were. There were plenty of able bodied people who could have used them but didn't know they were available. We had a stroller so we didn't have a choice most of the time. At one point my dh waited 25 minutes. Another couple told us they waited 45. This is compounded by the wait for valet. Luckily we took advantage of Revel's free parking, though that was a 15 minute walk away.

Free WiFi was nice.

Overall - nice place, too bad about the elevators.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Boowaacaa:

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post about your 5 day stay with us in July. Please know that I will share your remarks and suggestions with our management team, especially your suggestion about a more visible sign for stairs. On a positive note, I am happy to hear that you were pleased with your accommodations and the promptness of our staff. I do hope you and your family will give us another chance to make your stay exceptional and that we see you again real soon!

Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Car I am getting it right now and then not until I am standing in the lobby for 20 min until I get my car. Elevators are busy by do able. Can not use a cart to get your own stuff down from the top floor but lots of people doin nothing in the lobby

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Jenleigh1976:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent trip to Skyline Tower. I do apologize that you had problems with our elevators and your wait for valet. During our peak times, there can be a delay for the elevators and I am sorry for the inconvenience that it caused for you. As for Valet, we try our very best to get your car as quickly as possible and I am sorry again for the wait, as it is not our norm. I do hope you do not let this one visit tarnish your image of us and that you are able to return again in the near future. We would love the opportunity to redeem ourselves in your eyes.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Unit was perfectly clean, decent size, and good comfortable furniture. Requested low floor since the elevators are truly a nightmare at certain times of the day. Sunday checkout took me 29 minutes waiting for an elevator.

Room Tip: request a low floor, and near the elevator because you will wait in hall for 10 minutes NO MATTER WH...