“2nd Stay Just as Good as the First”

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #7 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it enough to return. It has spacious rooms, nice balconies with great views, and it's very clean. The location is good too - within walking distance of the Boardwalk. Walking in the other direction gets real sketchy real fast, but that seems to be the norm for downtown. Yes, the elevator situation is bad. During my first stay I was on the 7th floor and frequently took the stairs to avoid the long waits. This time I was on the 29th floor and the longest wait was 20 minutes. Other stuff: there's free wifi, although our "access point" went down after the first day and the maintenance guy said there was nothing he could do about it; the kitchen has everything you could possibly need; the shower is nice and hot but the pressure is a little low for my tastes, towels are super soft though; plenty of cable channels; the bed is super comfortable, also used the sofa sleeper and it was fine too; the AC gets really cold; valet parking was $10/day.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view but long elevator wait times.
1  Thank JrGovtExec
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear JrGovtExec:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your return visit to our property. I am so glad you chose us again and enjoyed the location and amenities. We really do appreciate customer feedback, as it is the only way we know what we are doing "right" and what needs to be changed. We are aware of the elevators and the possible wait times and the inconvenience for our guests and do hope someday in the future we can rectify the situation for all. I do hope the elevators do not deter you from a third visit. Please come back and give our staff the opportunity to serve you once again.

We hope to see you soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed here & loved my experience. The rooms were beautiful & clean the staff was friendly & helpful. The rooftop hot tub & locker room sauna was amazing. My one issue was with how long the elevator took, it's too bad they didn't have more to accommodate the amount of guests. Also, I wish it was self park instead of valet only. However, overall I would stay here every time. It's only 1 block to the boardwalk, & the views from the balcony & room windows are gorgeous!

1  Thank sukimo96

Dear Sukimo96:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review about your last visit to Skyline Tower. We love seeing "Love this Hotel" as a heading. Our staff works very hard to not only meet but exceed expectations and I am so glad to hear that you thought our property was beautiful and clean and that our staff was friendly and helpful. As for the elevators, I do apologize for any inconvenience you had with wait time. It is a problem we are aware of and hopefully one we can rectify in the future.

I do hope we see you again real soon. Have a wonderful day today!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything about this place was solid... except for the elevators. Stayed on the 32nd floor and TWICE felt that I was better off taking the stairs. If you are stepping off the elevator, expect a line of 20 or so people always waiting to get on and they'll stare you down cos they've been waiting down there for at least 10+ minutes.

1  Thank Mitchell K

Dear Mitchellk:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent stay at Skyline Tower. I do apologize for your frustration with our elevators and am sorry for any inconvenience they caused for you. I do hope you are able to return to our property again when it is not peak time so, you do not encounter the same problem. We try very hard to exceed customers expectations and understand we fell short with the elevator issue and wish we could rectify this issue for you at this time.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 18 August 2014

What everyone says in their reviews about the elevators is definitely true! They take a very long time to get to your floor. I was hoping people were exaggerating, but that wasn't he case. However, that was the only bad thing about this hotel. Location was great. Front desk staff was very friendly. We had a couple of issues in our room, and they were taken care of immediately after us calling about them. We also had follow up calls about the issues throughout the weekend. We had a two room suite, and it was wonderful! The sofa bed was even comfortable! Kitchen was fully equipped, had everything we needed.

1  Thank Kimdrum
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Kimdrum:

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive post. I am glad to hear that you liked the location and our hotel. It is also good to hear our staff promptly assisted you when you experienced a problem and followed up with phone calls to make sure that everything was good. Customer service is so important to us. As for the elevators, unfortunately wait time during peak times of the year is an issue and we are so sorry for the inconvenience. I wish we were able to add more elevators at this time but, unfortunately we are not. I do hope that you do not let the elevators deter you from future visits and that we are able to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Nice room, kind staff.. Elevators are a HUGE problem. With 3 small children we waited up to 20min (we timed it) We were on the 18th floor and totally stuck. Finally had to go "up" in order to go back down. That's what everyone was doing. Had to be "rescued" by a worker who used his key to have is go straight to the lobby. Average wait time was 10-15min for an elevator. Just not enough elevator for the amount of people. Huge issue for us we may check out early... Can't do it with a toddler. It's a real problem.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank 2MoonGoddess

Dear 2MoonGoddess:

Nice room, kind staff - is always nice to see in a post! Thank you so much, we appreciate it! I am sorry the elevators were such a huge problem for you, especially with 3 small children. We do know the wait can be inconvenient during peak times of the year and wish we could add elevators at this time. Unfortunately we are unable to right now. We do hope you and your family are able to come back and visit us again real soon and maybe it will not be during a peak time when elevators can be an issue.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

The only thing I didn't appreciated is the elevators..... they are slow and there is only two.
I was expecting a nice hotel and I was right.
The Wyndham Skyline Tower is clean and very well located, near the beach !
I just don't recommend to take a walk at night in other places than on the boardwalk, it's a strange square.....
But, by the way....
Nice beach ;)

2  Thank t0mfr0gz

Dear t0mfr0gz:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent trip. We do have 3 elevators on property. I am sorry if one of the elevators was out of service during some of your stay. We know during peak times, there can be a wait for the elevators and truly apologize for any inconvenience this caused you. I am happy to hear that you were able to make it to the beach and commented on how clean the property was while you were here. I do hope in some way, this made up for the inconvenience with the elevators. My hopes are that you return again real soon to come and visit us, and do not have the long waits for elevators that you experienced on your last trip.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We had a great time in AC! Going "home" to Wyndham Skyline Tower was great! The beds are very comfortable. The rooms are a nice size, kitchen is beautiful. Beautiful view from bedroom windows and balcony. The staff, from elevator personnel to supervisors were all very helpful and sociable. I loved that I felt like I was home and everything was clean!

2  Thank shellybeanz08

Dear sukimo96:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent trip to Skyline Tower. We truly appreciate your feedback and are happy to hear that you "Love this hotel"! Customer service is so important to us, so it is great to hear that you found our hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly and helpful! As for the elevators, I do apologize for any inconvenience they caused you and we do know that wait times are an issue with the elevators and hope to rectify that in the future.

Thank you again for your post. Have a wonderful day today!