“Average - not a hotel, it's a timeshare” 3 of 5 bubbles

Wyndham Skyline Tower
Ranked #9 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Average - not a hotel, it's a timeshare”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014

We chose this place because we booked at the last minute, and it was the only place available. If I go to AC again, I would not choose this place. The price was fine, and the location was fine, but I just didn't get the AC experience that I was looking for. You know, room service, restaurants, grand buffets, oversized pools, casinos - all in my hotel.

This is a timeshare, however they do not advertise it as such. They even tried to get us to go their "meeting" on the 6th floor - were they keep you there for an hour trying to get you to purchase an overpriced timeshare with pressure tactics.

They don't have room service, you have to request for any kind of service. They kept reminding me that "this is a timeshare, not a hotel". For example, I wanted some clean towels. I had to request some at the front desk, they even asked how many I wanted. When I returned to my room, the clean towels were just dropped off by the front door in a plastic bag, and the dirty towels were never picked up.

The room was average, and it was clean, so no problems there. The elevators were extremely slow, and one broke while I was there. Some guests had to wait 20 minutes just to catch a ride. I would have taken the stairs, but 29 flights of stairs is rough when you're coming in and out all day. Valet parking took forever to get the car. I wish that I could've parked my own car, but it's not an option because they only valet.

So, it really depends on what kind of experience you're looking for in AC. For me, next time I will make sure to book early and stay at Harrah's, Golden Nugget, or the Borgata.

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom Suite that had a little kitchenette. It was a good fit for four people.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank StarGazer13Lilly
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Dear StarGazer13Lilly:

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent stay at Skyline Tower. I am so sorry to hear that you only believed us to be average because we are not a casino/hotel property. It is correct that we do not have the same amenities as the other properties in town, and for this I again apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We do offer a great location, excellent customer service and a very clean unit with a kitchen amenities.

Thank you again for your feedback and I hope you enjoy your next visit to Atlantic City.

Have a wonderful day today!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

One bedroom deluxe for four people. Living Room did not fit 4 people comfortable. No counter space. Mirror behind tub in bedroom(YUCK) Tub in bedroom for families is not needed when there is a bathroom. Stove oven took 30 min to preheat. Volume on LR TV did not work properly. Elevators had long waits. Bell hop did not care how he drove my car (when leaving)and ran up over curbs twice (could have busted my tire). Towel policy sucks.(afraid you are going to steal towels). $100.00 deposit required after I already paid for room. $100.00 deposit not returned until inspection is completed on unit. I had inspection taken care of while I was checking out. I will not stay there again. One good thing Resorts is beside this Wyndham, so we did not have to go far for entertainment. Easy access to boardwalk and beach.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
Green Features: I didn't see any except for recycle of garbage.
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Fran H
Pamela K, Manager at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I do apologize for the inconveniences you and your family encountered. We do struggle with our elevators during peak times of the day and we will be working on communicating this better to our visitors so families can plan their days accordingly. I do hope that you will come and visit us again in the future and allow us to Wow you.

If you have anything additional to share please feel free to reach out to me at 609.449.4200
Pamela Kelly
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Wyndham skyline tower is great. Close proximity to the boardwalk approximately 1 block. Great location for the amusement pier (no more Wyndham discounts tho) as well as Margaritaville. The resort is very nice with an excellent activities room (Tashi is the absolute best, I probably hacked her name up) and movie room. The pool is adequate although I believe it only goes up to about 4 feet. I've been going there for about 9 years straight. I send my mom there for her birthday every year which she enjoys to the utmost especially being in her 80s now and staying in the penthouse suites. Parking is 10 dollars per day and the only draw back at the resort is during the busy season, the elevators can be extremely slow but hey, you're vacationing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the strip opposite of revel.
Green Features: Wyndham issues all natural soaps, mouthwash, shampoos and other items which proves this to be a green resort
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank DaHoody
Dear DaHoody:

Thank you so much for your great post on Trip Advisor. It is amazing to us that you have been back to visit us 9 years in a row! We truly do appreciate you choosing us as your vacation destination. As for Tashie, she is the best and one of a kind! We are so privileged to have someone as special as her on our management team. Please know that I will share your post with her so she view your kind remarks.

Thank you again for all of your kind comments and we hope to see you again soon!

Have a wonderful day :)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014

We 3 adults (one couple and one 88 year old parent) stayed here for 4 nights. It was a great stay, quite a large unit for the location.
Yes, the elevators are a drag, but if you hit is in the middle of the day you can get down in no time. We were on the 20th floor and often I would walk down the stairs and take the elevator up to get the other 2.
Check-in was quick - we were there before 2 and got right in our room.
Later that day we had a call from the front desk because there was a baggage tag that did not match anyone and they were trying to find where it belonged (instead of waiting for someone to complain) very nice touch.
I called down on day 3 to exchange towels and they arrived within 10 minutes. That was followed with a phone call to check that we received everything we ordered.

I only have two things to knock.
I was happy the balcony door opened (seems they finished the outside work early - yay!) but I wish the windows in the bedroom could be opened. The AC is fine, but I would rather have fresh air.
When we arrived, there were about 6 cars parked out front. It was not clear where we could go to wait. I jumped out of the car to ask the valet and he said to pull in the driveway. I thought later that we jumped in front of some of the others. Perhaps if they could put a note in the check-in information to find a good place to wait may have helped.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the towel exchange. The response was quick, so you don't need to worry about...
Green Features: Nice to see that there were 2 recycle bags to use.
2 Thank nflgiantfan
Bobbi M, Administration at Wyndham Skyline Tower, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Pat1Pdx:

Thank you so much for your post. We really appreciate your comments and feedback. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our location. It is also great to hear you were pleased with the staff and their follow up. I will make sure to post your review for all our staff view. As for your suggestions regarding Valet/Check In...I will make sure to bring them to managements attention during our weekly meeting.

Thank you again for your feedback. It is so important to us. We hope to see you again soon at Skyline Tower!

Have a great day :)
D.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I stayed here a couple of years ago and enjoyed it enough to return. It has spacious rooms, nice balconies with great views, and it's very clean. The location is good too - within walking distance of the Boardwalk. Walking in the other direction gets real sketchy real fast, but that seems to be the norm for downtown. Yes, the elevator situation is bad. During my first stay I was on the 7th floor and frequently took the stairs to avoid the long waits. This time I was on the 29th floor and the longest wait was 20 minutes. Other stuff: there's free wifi, although our "access point" went down after the first day and the maintenance guy said there was nothing he could do about it; the kitchen has everything you could possibly need; the shower is nice and hot but the pressure is a little low for my tastes, towels are super soft though; plenty of cable channels; the bed is super comfortable, also used the sofa sleeper and it was fine too; the AC gets really cold; valet parking was $10/day.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a great view but long elevator wait times.
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JrGovtExec
Dear JrGovtExec:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your return visit to our property. I am so glad you chose us again and enjoyed the location and amenities. We really do appreciate customer feedback, as it is the only way we know what we are doing "right" and what needs to be changed. We are aware of the elevators and the possible wait times and the inconvenience for our guests and do hope someday in the future we can rectify the situation for all. I do hope the elevators do not deter you from a third visit. Please come back and give our staff the opportunity to serve you once again.

We hope to see you soon. Have a wonderful day!
Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I recently stayed here & loved my experience. The rooms were beautiful & clean the staff was friendly & helpful. The rooftop hot tub & locker room sauna was amazing. My one issue was with how long the elevator took, it's too bad they didn't have more to accommodate the amount of guests. Also, I wish it was self park instead of valet only. However, overall I would stay here every time. It's only 1 block to the boardwalk, & the views from the balcony & room windows are gorgeous!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank sukimo96
Dear Sukimo96:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post such a nice review about your last visit to Skyline Tower. We love seeing "Love this Hotel" as a heading. Our staff works very hard to not only meet but exceed expectations and I am so glad to hear that you thought our property was beautiful and clean and that our staff was friendly and helpful. As for the elevators, I do apologize for any inconvenience you had with wait time. It is a problem we are aware of and hopefully one we can rectify in the future.

I do hope we see you again real soon. Have a wonderful day today!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Everything about this place was solid... except for the elevators. Stayed on the 32nd floor and TWICE felt that I was better off taking the stairs. If you are stepping off the elevator, expect a line of 20 or so people always waiting to get on and they'll stare you down cos they've been waiting down there for at least 10+ minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Mitchell K
Dear Mitchellk:

Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your recent stay at Skyline Tower. I do apologize for your frustration with our elevators and am sorry for any inconvenience they caused for you. I do hope you are able to return to our property again when it is not peak time so, you do not encounter the same problem. We try very hard to exceed customers expectations and understand we fell short with the elevator issue and wish we could rectify this issue for you at this time.

Thank you again for your feedback. I do hope you have a wonderful day!