“no sleep at night”

Eldorado Motor Inn
Eldorado Motor Inn
Ranked #24 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 18 May 2011

this hotel was the worst place i have ever stayed at:

-no sleep at all between 2am and 4am on the weekend because rooms are directly located at street so you hear everything such as (drunk) ppl coming back to their rooms you hear every word but the worst is the taxis at around that time honking for 2 hrs straight.
-shower towels are the size of a regular towel and didn't even get changed for the second night, really rough and thin material. you might as well bring ur own

Room Tip: spend a lil more money and get some rest at night
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank extra-lazy

Reviewed 17 February 2011

The place smells horrible and it is extremely dirty, i found a needle on the floor of my room. When I went to ask for a refund, there is a sign that says there are no refunds. Beware..... I'm all about trying to save money, but I can tell you first hand that this is not how you should do it.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rahil R
Reviewed 8 November 2010

My friend and I went and stayed Saturday night because we had tickets to see a Lifehouse concert and didn't want to have to worry about driving back later that night. At first it seemed that it was tolerable, but when the bathroom light didn't work properly (we had to keep switching it on and off numerous times just to get it to light up!) and the closet door was broken, we started rethinking our first impression. It was just for one night and we didn't spend all that much time in the hotel so we went out and about on our night and come time to sleep, it was impossible because the walls were paper-thin and any noise outside was easily heard. I tried everything, from leaving the TV on to covering my head in pillows but I didn't sleep a wink the noise was so loud. I will definitely spend the extra $ on a nicer hotel next time just to get a few hours of quiet.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank lovestotravel417
Reviewed 12 August 2010

I will never go back to Atlantic City again,besides the management being rude they think that they can walk into your room anytime they want.Their English sucks,They were not helpful at all when it comes to things to do in Atlantic City.We asked for a cot for in the room and they said they didn't have any but they advertise that they do.DO NOT STAY HERE,PAY THE EXTRA MONEY AND STAY SOMEWHERE ELSE.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank alexis1967
Reviewed 23 August 2009

We booked this room for a one night stay for our trip to AC. It was one of the cheaper rooms we could get @ 240/night. Pictures didn't look too bad online. We figured we could deal with it for one night. When we got there, we were instantly taken back by the appearance of this motel. The clerks were rude and not helpful at all. You had to leave your car keys with the desk because the parking lot was set up to park cars in a gridlock. We were given our room keys and upon arrival to our room we were greeted with the gross smell of smoke mixed with cheap air freshener. It made us sick to our stomachs. The A/C worked but leaked and was falling apart. It was held up with two small pieces of wood. The door chain was held on with a tiny screw that wasnt screwed in tight. The door looked as if it had been kicked in (there were dents and a visible boot print on the door). The keys took like 4-5 times of swiping to actually work in the door. Nothing in the room matched. There were several holes on the wall, most notably at the phone jack and electrial outlets, which made us nervous to even use the electrical outlets in the room. The smoke detector was falling off the wall and non-functioning. The ceiling and walls were stained and dirty. The bathroom was so small and gross. You are given a paper mat for the bathroom which slides easily on the tile floor--accident waiting to happen. Carpet was wet and soggy. No fitted sheet on the bed. Sheets were dirty. Clean sheets kept in dirty linen cart outside or on steps outside. The morning of checkout, a staff member came around and looked in our window while we were getting packed--creepy. You have no privacy at this place. It is terrible. Do not stay here. The group I was with agreed that it looks like a place you bring a hooker to and there were hookers hanging at the corner where this motel is located.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank nursebrittany
Reviewed 7 July 2009

Staying at this place was a disaster for me. It was such a bad experience I am actually taking time to write this review. I would not recommend this to anyone who is looking for any kind of privacy or who is planning to sleep in late. Management and its related staff were kind enough to prevent this from happening.

At around 11am every morning, you will be awaken by a guy who changes out the towels…EVEN if you have a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. I was sleeping with the “do not disturb” sign on, the lights off, and the door chained and locked. First there was a knock asking for towel change, I didn’t answer hoping he would go away. When I didn’t answer the knock was louder, I said “no thanks”. He then proceeded to open up the door, and even though the lights were off and the door was chained, I opened up my eyes to actually see this [--] sticking his head the through the door peering into my room continuing to ask if I wanted towels. He could see me trying to sleep! I was so furious. This happened both days in the exact same manner.

After the second night I asked the front desk for a late checkout so I could get an extra hour of sleep until 1pm. I was told the charge would be $30 extra and I said I was fine with that. Not only does the towel man wake me up at 11am, but my phone starts ringing at the 12pm checkout time saying that I needed to come down and pay the $30 in advance if I wanted the extra hour. As I am on the phone another guy opens the door and also sticks his head in past the chain stating I needed to checkout. What a mistake it was to stay at this place. Instead of just charging my card or asking me to pay when I asked for the extra hour, they expect me to get up, get dressed, then pay, so I can squeeze in an extra hour at their precious motel after being woken up via peering heads through a chained and locked door twice?!? I have been to AC many more times and there are much better lodgings to stay for better prices where this doesn’t happen: Econolodge, Greco, etc.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank fivecardarmy
Reviewed 8 June 2009

This is the worst place I have ever stayed in. This place, I wont even call it a hotel is dirty, gross and unkeep. There was gum on the floor, no light and smelled bad!
I will never stay in another place like this again, And I will from now on take and look at user reviews like this one and stay away.....are you listining....stay away!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple