“Definitely would go back!”

The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I loved this hotel. it is conveniently located a block away from the beach and boardwalk and it is around the corner from the Jiteny stop. The Jitney is a local mini bus that'll take you to the different major hotels for $2.25. Back to the hotel, I had a Groupon that I used so the price was reasonable. They are doing some renovations to the place so somethings are under construction but the property is very well kept up. the lobby is nice. and I think the young woman that helped me check in was Chris. She was really nice and helpful. She told us where the amenities in the hotel was located and recommended some places to eat in Ballys too. The room was nice. Very trendy. Nice view. Comfortable mattress. I had no problem with the room. The indoor pool was very nice. They have some very nice cabana style furniture. The gym is basic. A few machines. The sauna and Jacuzzi room was closed because it was under construction :^( They also have a game room, which is nice to keep young ones occupied. They do not offer breakfast, only tea and coffee during a certain time in the morning. Check out is 12 and I had went to the front desk to ask for an extension and the gentleman told me I would have to pay an additional $50 to stay til 4pm. I didn't like that. I only needed an extra 45min! When I got back to the room I called down again(think I got the same guy) and he told me the same thing again, but said he'll just waive it this time. Otherwise then that I was very pleased with the hotel and can't wait to see the new additions as they finish their renovations.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank krazyray42
ClaridgeAC, Guest Relations Manager at The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Thank you for the honest review!

We are indeed renovating tho the best of our ability and glad that you enjoyed your room. We will be offering room service/breakfast soon enough once we get things rolling again and we're happy to hear that the staff was overall helpful. Keep your eye on our websites and social media for updates, we hope to see you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,888)

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel with my family about 2-3 times a month. I have stayed at the Embassy Suites to the Holiday Inn Express and this place did not even come close to those stays. The lobby may fool you but once you walk through the hotel is does not match what you see when you walk in. The moment we stepped off the elevator to our floor there was a smell of wet dog everywhere.
We noticed through out the hotel there were buckets below leaks from the ceiling. The carpets on the level we stayed on were stained and gross. Our room had dust buildup around the furnishings and in the corners. The walls were paper thin and could easily hear the other rooms. I was not aware you could ask to be put in a renovated room but on that same note they should not even be putting people in the this section. It should be closed until renovated and only offer rooms in the renovated rooms. The only positive to this hotel was its location and the staff. Moral of the story you get what you pay for. Definitely will stay somewhere else when we come back to Atlantic City.

Room Tip: From reading other reviews after the fact ask for an updated room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Erica thank you for the review. As honest as it was, we are glad to know what we need to work on.

With the age of our hotel(built in 1929) and the state of disrepair it was left in when we purchased it earlier this year, we definitely had our work cut out for us. We are currently renovating, have been and will continue to do so until we and everyone else who stays here is happy with it.

We hope that you will in the future give us another chance to win you over and that you fall in love with our wonderful, historic hotel.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

PLease do yourselves a favor and don't stay here!!! My husbamd and I were sleeping around 11:30 pm when a "maintenance person" banged so loudly on the door,screamed about fixing the AC and then preceded to try to open the door! Thank god we had closed the latch, upon realizing we were in the room he left. We spoke to some dimwit Dave at the front desk that was useless. Then spoke to the "manager" Chris that was even more useless. He claims that "Yes, maintenance has a master key" ,,,"But they didn't have any calls logged in the system about any problems or any logs having maintenance going out, and maybe he'll check with the staff." I then asked to check the video surveillance cameras, which Chris replied"Oh yea,,ok" we never heard back after asking three times.
Please!!! Don't put yourselves in danger. I can know see why most casinos in AC are closing and why people are going to Connecticut, Pennsylvania and New York to gamble. These employees are not concerned about anything but taking home their paychecks.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 22orchard

This situation truly sounds upsetting, we are absolutely concerned with our patrons' safety when staying at our hotel. We haven't heard any related incidents like this and we are hoping that it was possibly another rowdy guest and definitely not a member of our staff. As for checking our cameras, it's usually only permitted personnel that are allowed to view such things...regardless, that is not how you should've been informed of that. We would like to get to the bottom of this.

We'd like to know the exact dates you stayed as well as the room number if possible, so we might find a trail and see how this unfortunate incident transpired. Social@Claridge.com is our email address for these issues and we hope you'll get in contact.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

After reading some of the reviews of this hotel I admit I was abit worried to stay here. I am happy to report I have nothing to complain about. The staff were very friendly they waived the resort fee and parking fee as well. Free internet too!! I received an updated room that was clean and had a great new mattress, Oceanfront to boot. So we are all on the same wavelength, this is an old deco hotel, sans casino, don't go expecting a 5 star W. What I received was decent for the price I paid. I would stay here before staying at some of the really bad casino hotels and I will be kind and not name them!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated Ocean front room
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HypeA05
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on a Groupon deal. It was well worth it. The room was nice, location great, and staff helpful. I would have even said it was a great deal for the regular rate online. Yes they are remodeling but it did not interfere with our stay..
It was very convenient to get into Bally's casino from hotel and you could walk all the way thru to wild wild west and Caesar's.
We were lucky to even get a room with a side view of the ocean and boardwalk.
The Edwards twins show was also a fabulous treat I would definitely recommend both the hotel and the show.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2014

From the moment we pulled up in front of the hotel, they started making us feel like special guests. From Tue Valet to the Bellhops. Check in was smooth and easy, the room was not yet renovated, but we had no complaints. We are always like a hotel outside the norm. We felt the history when we walked in. From the marble floor, to the chandeliers it felt great. Was it the greatest hotel room, no but it was close to the beach and I felt great staying there. Look forward to going back.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank stone1049
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We can in Sunday evening. Parking your own car in the lot was $8 a day. Valet is $12 a day.
Staff is nice. Room was clean but we weren't in the new section. And that was ok. Didn't know if you wanted maid service you had to put a sign in the door. So second day we had maid service. And they did a great job.
It wasn't far from the broad walk which was nice.
The have a nice indoor pool. They give you towels to use in the pool area. We did get a good deal on travelocity for a 4 night stay.
We did have a nice side view of the ocean and the pier.

Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Susan H

Thank you for the review, Susan.

We hope that the amenities list was updated as of Travelocity, we've been working to have them make sure it's updated as we continue our renovations. We are working on the parking situation as we separate completely from Bally's and get solidified as a standalone hotel.

We hope you'll come back and we can continue to improve on your opinion of our hotel!