“You get what you pay for”

Best Western Envoy Inn
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The staff were very friendly and helpful. They had answers to all my questions. The location was also amazing! We walked to 4 different casinos and the beach without any trouble at all. There are hundreds to taxis everywhere that make it so easy to get to point a to point b. The only thing was the décor of the place is horrible. The carpet in the hall way was the ugliest I have yet to see. Also they have the smallest fitness center I have ever seen. It can only fit 3 machines in it and if there are two people in there working out I think it would be too small. Overall I got the room very cheap and had a great time! I got what I paid for!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank juliahmatthews

Reviewed 21 April 2014

The last time I came to Atlantic City was in 2003. I stayed at the Rodeway Inn off of White horse pike in Absecon. What a big mistake - the worst room I have ever had the displeasure of staying in. I tried the Best Western Envoy on my most current trip this year and was very pleasantly surprised. The room was much cleaner and the bed nice and comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty decent too. The only thing I would have to complain about is that the carpet was stained. Parking also leaves something to be desired, but I would definitely recommend this hotel as a place to stay. I will definitely be making another stay at this hotel on my next trip back to Atlantic City.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2014

This hotel is a good option to stay at only if you're looking for a cheap room for a night to sleep or party in. Not very family friendly. Absolutely No security. Anyone from the street can walk up to the rooms via access from an outside side door that is kept unlocked at all times.

Hotel is only about two blocks from the boardwalk, and about a $7 cab ride to major casinos, but keep in mind you wont exactly be in the best part of AC. Parking is free on weekdays but is a $5 charge on weekends..I wouldn't mind paying for parking during the busy season, but during the slow season having to pay for parking was kind of a rip off. I was disappointed in the cleanliness and overall maintenance of the hotel and the room. Rooms are not poorly designed or furnished, they are just not well maintained and cleaned. Bathroom had hair in it, smears on sink faucet, carpet in lobby looked as though it wasn't vacuumed in days, found clumps of hair and trash inside the dresser drawers.

The "heat lamp" in the bathroom had a regular light bulb in it, and there was a big hole in the bathroom wall where the toilet paper holder once was, so toilet paper was just sitting on top of the toilet. I got two rooms and found this to be the case in both. I was kind of shocked that they would sell the room in this condition. I saw that they were renovating- we literally had to walk over and around pieces of furniture and dry wall in the hallways to get to the room. Felt as thought front desk should of mentioned this at check-in, like a "we apologize for our appearance during our renovations" or at least had a sign up. Renovations are great-but perhaps they should totally complete a renovation in a room first before selling an unfinished room?

Overall this hotel is OK. It has a lot of potential to be better. Like I said the room furnishings and decor are really not bad and the room is large and comfortable, they just really need to improve on their cleanliness and maintenance of the rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
HotelManagement403, Manager at Best Western Envoy Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear Patron,

We appreciate the time you have taken to give us feedback on your stay. While I can not offer you an excuse for your experience, I would like to say that your stay with us was during a work in progress in regards to total renovations we are doing to our guest rooms. These renovations include brand new bathrooms, guest room finishes/furniture, as well as corridor finishes. We do hope you give us another chance to make sure we have improved from your last stay. Please reach out to me and I'll personally assist you for booking your next stay.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Overall the room was dated and grungy. The beds were okay, but there were no locks on the windows and the carpet way dirty with stains all over it and it was pulling up in spots. You had to walk about half a mile to get to the casinos, but you did get free parking which was nice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went on a Friday night...wanted to stay at a major casino, but the price $300, no way! Found this Best Western...was very satisfied. Close to the boardwalk, super friendly staff. Parking...breakfast, everything was great. The breakfast had a bigger selection of food than I thought they would. Pancakes, bagels, muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice, coffee, very clean and well stocked. Rooms were super clean and spacious. Wifi was fast. I would def. stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Megan S
Reviewed 28 February 2014

This hotel had a very friendly staff and nice clean rooms. The price was very affordable. I did read some bad reviews from previous guests but I feel that they were complaining over petty things. I will definitely be staying here on my next visit to Atlantic City!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sharon H
Reviewed 23 February 2014

the hotel is clean, comfortable, affordable,not a luxury hotel, the non smoking rooms are on the same floors as the smoking rooms, they are in the process of updating. The hotel is in walking distance to the boardwalk and nearby casinos. The Jitney stops in front of the hotel, which is perfect during the cold weather. The breakfast had something for everyone. As a female traveling solo, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo