“Worst Pizza Ever! (Yes, it's possible) Service was just OK.”
Review of Ducktown Tavern

Ducktown Tavern
Ranked #88 of 407 Restaurants in Atlantic City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Reviewed 20 December 2012

You probably read this title and thought the same thing I would have - How can one place have the worst pizza ever? They do, read on for more.

My best friend and I walked to the Ducktown Tavern from our hotel and were searching for some good ol' American bar food as we had just flown to Philly and then driven into Atlantic City. We were starving and were delighted at the specials and ambiance of what the Ducktown Tavern looked like so we sat down to order.

The waitress, after a few minutes, came to get our drink orders and tell us about the specials. She mentioned pizzas were $5 for the afternoon - and she won me over immediately. I ordered a buffalo chicken pizza and my friend opted for a Gyro.

After about 15-20 minutes of waiting, our food arrived. According to my friend, the gyro was "pretty good but nothing special" - I would have happily traded mine for hers. My pizza arrived - the dough was dry, thick, and had no taste. There was NO sauce what-so-ever on the pizza, just buffalo chicken (that appeared pre-made) and cheese, and not even a lot of cheese. As an Italian American, my heart hit the floor as this pizza was the WORST I've ever had. And please understand, I was starving when I ordered this, so you know it was bad.

Then, my favorite part happened. The waitress came over and told me the pizza I ordered wasn't $5, it was actually $9. She never really explained why, even after I asked over and over and explained that the only reason I was swayed from the gyro was the pizza special and it was awful. She didn't really do anything - ask a manager - offer to comp something, just gave us our checks.

-The service was just OK, so-so at best
-The gyro was OK but nothing special
-The buffalo chicken pizza was the worst pizza I've ever had

If you're drunk, this place works. If it's 2am, this place works. If it's the middle of the afternoon and you have other choices - look for other options!

3  Thank Kristen H

Reviewed 18 August 2012

The service was ok but the food was great! My husband got a burrito and it was huge! I got the Suzie wrap and it was really good. The dressing on it tastes homemade. Very good.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Great people, drinks and food to boot. It's truly Ducktown, go there and find out why...

Reviewed 24 November 2011

smokers right outside the door and smoke drifts in....owner didnt care. loud drinkers there.

Reviewed 31 May 2011

Easy two block walk from boardwalk behind Trump Plaza. A bar on one side and sit down restaraunt on other side, with an attached liquor store. We read a review and decided to give it a try, glad we did. We ordered a rueben and a french dip. Just your average sandwich. But the reason we return is the corn nuggets. We have only had these in two places, but we like Ducktowns. This appetizer is a deep fried nugget that is filled with cream corn and served with maple syrup. It will satisfy 2 people, but I would prefer my own, really good. The restaraunt must be good, we've always see fire and police personel eating there. The staff was friendly and easy to talk too. They turned us on to a cinnamon whiskey called Fireball. Taste like Big Red chewing gum. Was able to walk next door and purchase a bottle, how convenient. Didn't know if Ohio had it available.

2  Thank mawdooms