“Quacking all the way”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

I came here after every restaurant in ac was closed the staff are very friendly and the food is reasonably price on Sunday night football with cheesesteaks at $5 and wings at 35 cents each and it is open 24/7 which is a bonus

Reviewed 7 June 2013 via mobile

We came here late night for food and everything was just okay. The service was mediocre at best and the food was typical. The clams I ordered were not very good in the "white wine" sauce.. However my husband's Reuben on rye bread was "amazing" according to him and he has had them at a lot of places. I ordered buffalo pizza and it was pretty good too, lots of chicken and cheese on it. Good and drinks are done separately though so it's annoying that my card was charged twice for one visit.

Reviewed 19 May 2013

I was in Atlantic City for an overnight trip so had to make the most of the day and evening. After spending way too much time in the casino this was the only restaurant we found open at 4 AM. The area outside of the bar was not very desirable, but we went in anyway because we were very hungry. The inside pretty much matched the outside with a dark bar that was pretty active on one side and a restaurant on the other side with equally bustling energy and dark booths with tabletops that I would swear looked sticky had I not sat at them myself. There was only one waitress for the entire restaurant section which had about 5 or 6 large booths that could easily fit 6-8 people in each. While she was moving as quickly as she could and was pleasant and apologetic, there was a little bit of a delay. I ordered a grilled cheese sandwich on whole wheat with onion rings. The onion rings were clearly freshly cooked because I couldn't even bite into them because they were so hot. My grilled cheese sandwich was fabulous. The grilled cheese sandwich was nicely cooked with butter evenly spread on the bread. I believe there was white cheddar in the middle-just enough of a gooey complement to the toasted bread. My dining partner had the mozzarella sticks and a batch of medium wings. She said the mozzarella sticks were good but they had too much batter on them. I tasted the wings and they were good. I personally prefer something spicy but she specifically ordered medium and they were still tasty. They came with a couple of pieces of carrots and celery and blue cheese dressing. I was pretty exhausted when I went there already but really wanted to try a burger because the one at the other table looked darn right delicious, but just didn't have the energy. I would go back if ever in Atlantic City and looking for food late night or early morning. If you are looking for upscale dining, don't stop here but if you're looking for some interesting bar food with a little twist, this might be the place.

1  Thank 2SunSisters
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I used to enjoy the Ducktown Tavern. The clams and linguini were wonderful. The last time there, though, something was very wrong. The dinner came out and I dipped bread into the juice and it was sour. I tried again and it was still sour. I wasn't sure if they used too much lemon or what. Upon closer inspection, the juice was brownish. It's usually clear or whitish with the garlic, but never brown. I sent it back. Later, when we were paying the bill, the cook was standing there giving me dirty looks. I should have asked him what he put in it, but decided to just not go there. It's a shame. Not a fancy place, but it had good food. Too much competition to possibly get a bad dinner again.

2  Thank katrifl
Reviewed 20 February 2013

Have been to the Tavern three times, dark, smelly and coffee very weak. Ordered 2 eggs, paid $6.00 for them!!!! Could have bought a hen for that much!!!! Very greasy food all three times.

2  Thank rosemarie h