“Modern, welcoming, spacious and elegant”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I came to AC and brought my work. In the first part of my trip, I stayed at another hotel in this area and in the second part of my trip, I stayed here.
The place is very well-maintained. Here you do not smell the cigarettes like you would in a hotel with a casino. The lobby area is warm, modern and welcoming. The rooms are very well maintained. They are clean. The desk in the room was specious and I could easily arrange my works on the desk to go through them. They also have free wireless Internet here. In my previous hotel, you need to pay $13 for 24 hours of access to Internet. This hotel is situated on the 1200 block on Pacific Ave, and there is a 7-11 on the 1500 block, which makes it convenient should you need any last-minute refreshment and such. There is also a mini-fridge in the room and a flat-screen TV.

There is one thing though. Upon inquiry at check-in, the front desk told me that they do not have rooms facing the ocean. In other words, none of the rooms offer a direct view to the ocean. If you are the type who would like to possibly watch the ocean and the beach from your room, this may not be the place where you want to stay.

All in all, I am quite happy with my stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Top Contributor,

First of all, thank you very much for that awesome title. "Modern, welcoming, spacious and elegant!" That needs to be our slogan. We couldn't be happier with knowing how happy you were with your stay! We appreciate your understanding of our Hotel not facing the ocean. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Happy New Year!!

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlantic City

Reviewed 24 December 2013

Overall the hotel was OKAY. I was greeting by valet who was friendly, but nothing really special to be honest. The young lady who checked me in was very friendly and offered restaurant suggestions to us. Got to the room and was an average, borderline needed renovation Courtyard by Marriott. The room seemed clean, but appeared to lack general maintenance. Cracks in the walls, missing caulk in the bathroom, scuff marks on the walls... just shows the lack of attention to detail. Didn’t make it down for breakfast but I when I came in late we were greeted by the overnight man who was very pleasant and told us where to get a late night snack. Upon checkout, i noticed the housekeeping team lacked uniforms as well as the front desk. i would stay here again, because it is a Marriott but there is definitely some room for improvement.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeffrey A

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a detailed review. It is feedback like this that is essential for our company to grow. I am happy to hear that our Front Desk Agent Lauren, was friendly and was helpful. I am also thrilled to report that we are going through renovation next year and appreciate your notice. I spoke with our Chief engineer and Housekeeping manager to see if we could do more frequent visits to improve the rooms.

Thank you once more and please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all. We look forward to serving you again.

Happy NEW YEAR!!

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

I liked the attention we received upon arrival. The room was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. The breakfast was very tasty and at a great price. Would stay here in the future trips we will surely make!

• Stayed: December 2013
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hello Luis,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review. We are thrilled to know that time and time again, our guests appreciate the personal touch we put in hospitality at our property. The recognition by you is truly essential to establish an image for us.

Happy HOLIDAYS!!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great place - great alternative to the casino hotels. Great team at the hotel - say hi to Ryan Schrade
Assistant General Manager & his great team.

Our first time at this property and you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Ocean views are alway since
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Hi Patrick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We are delighted to hear that you staid with us for the very first time and loved it! I have already spoke to Ryan in your behalf and he thanks you for choosing us!

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Happy HOLIDAYS!!

Reviewed 27 November 2013

Most importantly.....the hotel room was clean and quiet. It just feels a little tired and there were several stains on the hallway carpet near my room. Front desk help was so kind especially when I showed up late with a massive headache and asked if they had any water. He gave me a bag with two water bottles and two granola bars. Needed to be in the area for a meeting and was glad not to deal with smoke and gambling crowds.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I apologize your experience with us was damaged due to the stained carpets on the hallway. I will contact our housekeeping department to see when this will be fixed. I am very happy to hear that you found our Font Desk kind and enjoyed the gift bag.

Thank you again and please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Anik /FOM
P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102
F: 609-345-5207

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Overall a great non-casino hotel in AC. We had a suite there and while they are not suites like you would see in one of the Casinos but it was still nice and clean. Nice hotel, they have breakfast that is OK, being a Platinum Marriott member I am accustomed to a concierge lounge and food there which is better than ths breakfast This is basically a breakfast that you would get free at another Marriott property, like a courtyard elsewhere or a Spring Hill Suites. The hotel was updated and is very clean, lobby is nice and new there is a bar there that is convenient for a late night cocktail. The worst part about this hotel for me was the valet parking, i like to have the option to park my car myself, the valets are noot responsible for anything that happens to your car so really what is the point in valeting if someone broke into my car and they were responsible i would probably like it more as the hotel as not in the greatest area of town. While some of the valets were nice and great there was one who was just rude, even after I tipped him well he seemed perturbed that I was bothering him. I am not going to take down the hotel as a result of the actions of one person but having valet as an option would be better suited for soemone like me. The car is actually closer to the elevators than where you go to stand and wait for your car.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Antecroat
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review. I would like to wholeheartedly apologize for the actions of the Valet agent you have mentioned. We appreciate that you didn't let that affect your score and undermine the rest of your stay. Please reply with a description of the agent so that I can speak to our Valet management team. It's essential for the hotel to use your feedback, so that we may improve guest experience. Thank you again and please feel free to contact me anytime.

Anik /FOM
P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102
F: 609-345-5207

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were in town for a concert at the HOB and needed a decent place for overnight accommodations, but not interested in paying the ridiculous rate at our preferred Revel hotel. We had stayed here once before and were quite pleased; this time was another enjoyable visit. We chose to valet park our car for $10; worth the money and great service from the young guys handling the operation. Checking in was quick and easy and all front desk staff members were courteous, professional and welcoming. Our room, with pleasing décor, seemed to be in great condition showing very minor signs of wear. The beds were comfortable with fresh smelling linens and fluffy, plump pillows. We slept soundly with no outside noise heard. The hotel states that it is not a ‘party’ hotel and disruptive guests will be evicted. The roomy bathroom was spotless with a nicely tiled shower enclosed in a glass door. The bath towels were thick and bathroom lighting adequate. I always bring my own hairdryer, but forgot mine. The only negative I could find with the hotel was the outdated cheap Sunbeam hairdryer; come on Marriott there are better quality cheap models out there. If you are in need of pleasant well maintained accommodations with attentive, friendly staff and don’t desire a casino, this is your place. We would not hesitate to book here again if in town for another show.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kribbean
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Top Contributor,

Thank you very much for the amazing comments. We certainly appreciate the detailed review expressing your stay with us. I will speak to our housekeeping/management department to see when we'll upgrade our hairdryer. We are very happy to hear that you will not hesitate to book with us again. We happily look forward to your arrival.

-Anik :)