“Plesant stay”

Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Jersey City, New Jersey
“Plesant stay”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

The stay was pleasant . And inexpensive compared to the other big hotels on the board walk . Recommended stay here if u want to splurge only after u have won at th vasinos . Tooms service was clean tidy efficient .

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Ankurdwi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback. Is there anyway that you can list details for us that affected your score. It's essential to us that we know the concerns of our guests that way we may act on it.

Please feel free to contact me as if anything.

P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102 | F: 609-345-5207

DO|AC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 22 January 2014

For us, this was the most inexpensive rate for the night when compared with the other 3+ star hotels and/or casinos of any size. The facility itself is modern, clean, and relatively spacious. The staff is really quite good, notwithstanding the fact it's not a luxury/resort hotel. Questions were answered cheerfully and helpfully, and any assistance they could provide was offered.

BUT. Two things to note. First, the walls have *zero* insulation between them. When we entered our room during the day, we thought our clock radio had come on accidentally while we were out. Turns out it was the neighbors', and we could clearly hear it through the wall. It did not appear to us to be playing exceptionally loudly. We brought it up to the front desk and while they did offer to move us to a nearby room, they noted other rooms could very well have the same problem. They also offered to contact the neighbor to ask them to turn it down. I felt bad about it, because I didn't think they were necessarily doing anything wrong..it was more the building's fault. We were fortunate in that upon our return that night we couldn't hear much, and we both slept soundly on the quite comfortable bed. TL;DR - Between-room soundproofing almost non-existent, but staff offered to help in any way they could...short of re-building the hotel. You bear the risk of noisy neighbors (but hotel will tell them to keep it down for you).

Second, we read the reviews regarding the "sketchy" neighborhood and being from New Orleans (itself a pretty sketchy city, at times) figured it was typical upper middle-class discomfort with neighborhoods other than new construction strip malls and subdivisions.

This is not the case.

The neighborhood (especially on Pacific) did actually make us feel a little uncomfortable upon our return after dark. Tip: Walk to and from the Boardwalk on the Resorts Casino side, not the St. James Place side. The hotel will happily secure you transportation to and from wherever (that you pay for), but build this into your trip cost. I would in no circumstance walk back late at night while drunk and/or distracted. (Though this is more of a good travel tip for most anywhere). Also remember that the $10/night valet is in and out for 24 hours. Just don't drink and drive.

In sum, not a bad choice, so long as you can deal with the noise *potential* and the less-than-great neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if you don't want a scenic view of HVAC equipment.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jmuskratt
Dear Senior Reviewer,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us the detailed feedback. I want to personally apologize for disturbance experienced form the radio/alarm. Thank you for also understanding the issue and not letting it affect our score.

I am delighted to to hear that you found our service great and understood our location. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all. I'll personally make sure that you are put in a higher floor.

Ames, Iowa
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Great hotel with fantastic service all around, from the front desk to the bar. Spacious rooms, comfortable beds, clean bathrooms, and a quiet stay. Within walking distance to the boardwalk and numerous casinos. The area near the hotel is a little sketchy, but there's no avoiding that anywhere you'd stay in the city. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Atlantic City!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank TheRoyalChief
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback. As the FOM of our property, I get ecstatic every time I read about our guests enjoying the service. We will keep it up for sure! We also appreciate you understanding that our location isn't something we can control and did not let it hurt our score. I believe that day by day Atlantic City is coming together and hope to see it grow.

Thank you again. We hope to serve you again in the future.

Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I reviewed this location a year or two ago, but I feel I must praise it once again.

I gave this establishment a review of "excellent" because it IS excellent for what it offers. My husband and I ONLY stay here when we visit AC. We can't beat the value and the quality of the place. If staying in a casino isn't a "must" for you, stay here, you won't regret it.

Every time we check in and out, it is efficient and friendly...something we can't say of some of the casinos we've stayed in. The valet parking is also very reasonable - I think it was $10 for in and out service. That makes us easy to get around to other hotels/casinos with ease, without having to pay the astronomical prices. Additionally, every time we've been here, the rooms have been clean and they are modern looking. That is also more than we can say for some of the casinos.

They have coffee/tea in the lobby in the morning and there is an option for breakfast if you'd like to dine there. If you are a AAA member, you might be able to get even more of a discount for a night. One more thing. As this is not a huge casino/gaming hotel, you don't have the noise/disturbances when you are trying to sleep at night or a 15 minute walk to the front desk through a cloud of smoke to check in.

If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable place to stay, look no further! You have found it! Enjoy your stay. :)

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Dear Top Contributor,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your second review. I am extremely delighted to see the increase in score from the last feedback, which I trust reflects your experience. We love to see our Top Contributors sharing detailed experiences with our customers.

Please feel free to contact me anytime regarding your next reservation. I hope that we can make the experience even more "excellent."

Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

Not a typical Courtyard in my opinion. Valet parking at $10 day and the guys move your seats, mirrors dont leave car running especially when it was 5 outside rooms are not to bad but hvac runs non stop and fan is very loud no way to turn it off, coffee not so good and not in best part of town would probably stay somewhere else but it does have a neat view of ocean and casinos staff very friendly behind desk

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 11 January 2014
Dear Senior Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience from the seat and mirror adjustments. I spoke with our Valet Supervisor Nick, making sure he reiterates to his team to be courteous and considerate to our guests.

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your view and the service provided by our Front Desk staff. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

DeWitt, New York
Reviewed 31 December 2013

This hotel is a good choice if you don't feel it necessary to stay at a hotel with a casino, showroom, and multiple dining venues. We enjoyed all those features at the more expensive hotels without having to stay at them and pay the exorbitant room rates they charge, simply by staying at the Courtyard. The Resorts casino/hotel is only a block away, quite convenient for restaurants, gambling, and shows.

Our room was clean, comfortable, of a reasonable size, and nicely furnished. Not luxurious, but certainly quite pleasant.

A few words about gripes you might read in some other reviews. First, the Courtyard is about a block away from the Boardwalk, and we did that walk easily at night along a well lit street and did not feel that it was any kind of safety issue. I didn't consider the neighborhood to be bad by any stretch, and didn't consider it to be dangerous. It's not at the heart of the Boardwalk but it is plenty close enough, and the rolling chairs and Jitney provide easy transportation options; if you like to walk, getting to the Boardwalk attractions is walkable if the weather is good.

The Courtyard does have valet parking only, at $10 per day. I usually prefer to park myself, but I found that the valet service was pretty quick and even if you add in the cost to your room charges you're still coming out ahead compared with the opulent luxury hotels.

I did not eat breakfast at the Courtyard, as it was a bit pricey and I generally don't eat a big breakfast anyway. In fact, I bought a quart of milk and some pastry at a 7-Eleven on the way to the Courtyard, and was all set for a quick bite the next morning (the rooms have refrigerators).

I found the front desk and valet staff to be very responsive and they provided good service.

I don't know if I'll be visiting Atlantic City any time again soon, but I certainly would seriously consider staying here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear Joe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. You pointed out some great details to make us stand out. It's the personal touch we give to taking care of each guest in our property that separates us from the rest. And, it's all simply because we care. I am happy to know that our prices are also playing a big part on making our guests happy. I hope that you you decide to visit Atlantic City real soon and chose to stay with us. We look forward to it.

New Providence, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I came to AC and brought my work. In the first part of my trip, I stayed at another hotel in this area and in the second part of my trip, I stayed here.
The place is very well-maintained. Here you do not smell the cigarettes like you would in a hotel with a casino. The lobby area is warm, modern and welcoming. The rooms are very well maintained. They are clean. The desk in the room was specious and I could easily arrange my works on the desk to go through them. They also have free wireless Internet here. In my previous hotel, you need to pay $13 for 24 hours of access to Internet. This hotel is situated on the 1200 block on Pacific Ave, and there is a 7-11 on the 1500 block, which makes it convenient should you need any last-minute refreshment and such. There is also a mini-fridge in the room and a flat-screen TV.

There is one thing though. Upon inquiry at check-in, the front desk told me that they do not have rooms facing the ocean. In other words, none of the rooms offer a direct view to the ocean. If you are the type who would like to possibly watch the ocean and the beach from your room, this may not be the place where you want to stay.

All in all, I am quite happy with my stay here. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Dear Top Contributor,

First of all, thank you very much for that awesome title. "Modern, welcoming, spacious and elegant!" That needs to be our slogan. We couldn't be happier with knowing how happy you were with your stay! We appreciate your understanding of our Hotel not facing the ocean. Please feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Golam Rabbani (Anik) | Sales Manager | Acting Front Office Manager