“Suited our needs perfectly” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Atlantic City

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Suited our needs perfectly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Being just a short walk from the boardwalk, but coming at a price much lower than most boardwalk properties, this was our choice. The hotel charges for valet service even though the lot is just behind the hotel, which at times seemed to add an unnecessary wait for getting the car. I assume they do this because the entrance area is quite small. Aside from that, the rooms were exactly as pictured, clean, and have a minifridge. The hotel front desk staff was very courteous and Sean was always a good time when we returned from our late night fun. They were able to recommend a driver, Myron, who they deal with often. Since the hotel does not have a courtesy shuttle, Myron was the way to go. When back in atlantic city we would be interested in staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank penguinsfan14
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear penguinsfan14,

(I am a Capitals fan >:| ) Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments. We appreciate that you didn't let the Valet wait time affect our score. It gets unexpectedly busy at times even with the right number of Valet Agents. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff courteous (I'll be sure to tell Sean). We eagerly look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

DO|AC

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
York, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went to Atlantic City for a show at one one of the casino hotels. Being a Friday night I knew it was going to be an expensive night to stay right in town, but wasn't expecting way over $300 for one night at the casino. So I went in search of someplace less expensive. I found the Marriott for $139 for the night which I felt was a good price for a Friday night in AC.

Upon arriving at the Marriott you'll find that they only offer valet parking and it will cost you $10 a night. If you want to park someplace else you're welcome to, but you'll still have to pay plus you'll have to walk back to the hotel. Very few places in AC offer free parking.

The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk staff was very pleasant and friendly. The room its self was nice and offered plenty of space for sleeping. It's not the biggest hotel room I ever stayed in but it is plenty big to move around in. This hotel is getting older now and there was some wear on the furniture, but it was minimal and nothing that would make me say the room has to be updated. Overall it was a very nice and comfortable room.

Breakfast in the Marriott restaurant was enjoyable. It's a buffet and you can get your eggs cooked to order and the price was in line with other places in Atlantic City.

This Marriott is a nice alternative to the casino hotels in Atlantic City and over all is probably nicer than some of the casinos. Friday and Saturday night will always be expensive and during the summer the rates get crazy expensive at all of the hotels, but Marriott is usually a little less and worthwhile looking into for your stay in AC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank temerich
Dear temerich,

Thank you very, very much for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We appreciate the great comments you shared about almost all aspects of the Hotel. We hope to see you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

Epsom, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

Good check in service and valet parking- room was clean and comfiortable - good air con ! Located 5 mins walk from Boardwalk slightly away from casinos and outlet but perfect location for us - good value

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank angela w
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Angela,

Thank you for taking the time to share them. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We appreciate the great comments and are very happy to hear that you liked location and staff. We hope to see you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

What a wonderful week-end 8 old friends just spent at the Marriott ! It is often a difficult task to satisfy one person, but to make 8 females happy is virtually impossible. The Courtyard Marriott in Atlantic City, NJ was able to provide all of us with a safe, clean and comfortable environment. All the staff were helpful and accommodating. The desk staff went above and beyond in taking care of anything we requested. We spent much time around the table during buffet time enjoying each other's company and eating a delicious breakfast. The food was far above the normal hotel/motel fare. We all enjoyed the little things like the fresh fruit, cookies, coffee and cold water provided in the lobby. And of course, I loved the free WIFI !
My hat goes off to the management and staff of the Courtyard Marriott. I think I could speak for all 8 of us when I say that the hotel comes highly recommended !

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Louise B
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Louise,

Thank you for the amazing comments and for taking the time to leave us your feedback! I am very happy to hear that you all enjoyed your stay. 8 happy ladies, can't beat that. It means so much to us that you included so many great details about your experience! Please contact me if you need anything at all.

Dunmore, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014

I just spent 3 nights at the Courtyard Marriott in Atlantic City. I have never felt so safe in a hotel as I did at the Marriott. Also it was one of the cleanest hotels I ever stayed in. Also the employees from front desk to maintenance, etc. were so very accommodating and very personable. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone. I was truly impressed.

Room Tip: there is great view of the beach and ocean from higher floors. The rooms are quiet.
Green Features: The employees were very polite and very friendly and very accommodating .
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sara P
Dear Sara,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback. Thank you for the amazing comments and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

West Milford, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

My husband and I stayed here about three years ago and were very happy with the experience and I am so glad we stayed here again. The room was clean and the staff was very helpful. It us nice to walk into to a clean smoke free room in Atlantic City. We have stayed in the casino rooms and they are noisy and stinky. We arrived early and they let us have a room right away and did their best to get us the room I requested. (A high room with a view) we were on the 11th floor with a side view of the ocean. The front desk said we could get a higher room if we wanted to wait and come back later but we were very happy with that. They asked many times throughout the visit if they could help us with anything. We went to the buffet in the morning, it was very good and again the staff and chef were very nice. We will come again when we visit atlantic city.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 46red
Hello 46red,

It feels great to know that a returning customer is leaving feedback, Just from reading the title! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us again. Thank you for mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

Farmingdale, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

I stayed here for a one nite on a business trip in April-May 2014. Fine hotel. rooms were clean - staff very nice and accommodating. Beds were comfortable. Water in shower had good pressure and was hot. no complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gmosho
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
Dear Gmosho,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your business trip! We appreciate the great comments and thank you for taking the time to share them. I am very happy you enjoyed the service and had no complaints!