“Quick Trip for weekend”

Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Quick Trip for weekend”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My daughter and i decided to visit AC for the first time. Our stay at Courtyard was nice, clean, and only a couple of issues. Check in was quick and easy, we had a room facing the boardwalk so we had a beautiful view. The room was clean, a little wear and tear but u had to really look for it. My only two issues, no safe in rooms (not sure if safe available at front desk) and the mattresses need to be flipped. It was obvious that the primary side of the beds by the lamps were sagging, Also we saw an advertised soul food place, Kelsey and Kim (on Melrose Ave) breakfast was 16.00 for two with water and lunch was good too. Compared to the hotel it was a better option since we prefer not to do buffets (hygiene concerns) at the casinos. Oh the hotel is a block away from the main boardwalk and you can walk to Resorts, Caesars, Bally's, and Trump casinos. It was chilly at night so consider a jacket!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank prinzess69
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Hello Prinzess69,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. It truly helps us better our service and set higher goals. I have already spoken to our Housekeeping to make sure that they are following the schedule on flipping mattresses. Also, we have safety deposit boxes at the Front Desk with only 1 key per safe that the guest keeps. Thank you for sharing tips of our location. You should definitely come back this summer! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102| F: 609-345-5207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Finnish first
Tinton Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is the second time that my wife and I spent a weekend here in that last year. Your employees truly understand and demonstrate customer loyalty and service. We feel like we are at home, and are very comfortable. This is true of all of your employees at this hotel. Thanks so much!

PS: Great cookies in the lobby!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for staying with us again and taking the time to share such amazing comments. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that our service isn't going unnoticed. We eagerly look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

Simsbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We booked five rooms for one night during a holiday weekend. Even though the hotel was full, everyone we encountered was incredibly friendly and accommodating. The rooms are a fair size and very clean, though the premises overall are beginning to show signs of wear. Another plus is that it is non-smoking and quiet; it didn't seem to have the barrage of activity that many of the casino hotels have. Now, having said that, for me the hotel fell short because it was a challenge to get ready due to no mirror in the room (there is a full-length mirror outside of the bathroom, but there is no natural light there and no place to lay your makeup) and the countertops in the bathrooms are terribly small, so I found myself spending a lot of time trying to keep myself organized. Also, the view. For the money we saved by staying here v. one of the larger hotels, I was happy to look out upon, well, nothing to look at, but don't expect water views or gorgeousness. Many of our friends stayed at Caesar's and Bally's and they were sorely disappointed, so we felt like we made a wonderful choice and, other than my makeup frustrations, everyone else had a fine experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Joan P
Hi Joan,

Thank you very much business (5 rooms, wow!) and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our the service. I am saddened to hear about the mirror issue and would love to personally make sure that your room would have extra counter space in the bathroom for a future stay. We hope to see you again so please contact me if you need anything at all.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I am very late sending this review but am doing so anyway. My boyfriend and I stayed at this hotel back in December 2010 to celebrate my birthday in Atlantic City. This was our first time staying at this hotel. The location was ideal because I prefer not to stay directly at the boardwalk and this was close enough to it. We were greeted by the valet attendant (there is only valet parking at the hotel and back then, it was something like $13.00 per day). Once you pay the daily rate, you can enter & exit valet parking as much as you want. Valet parking is a much better option than taking a chance and parking on the street because the hotel parking lot is monitored 24 hours by hotel staff. This hotel does not have garage parking like many of the casino hotels do. I remember my boyfriend said the hotel rates were much more reasonable than nearby casino hotels and when we saw the rooms online, we both agreed the rooms were really nice. The front desk staff was friendly and they accommodated us in terms of the room and room location we preferred. Since we visited right after Christmas, the hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays. We arrived right after it had snowed, in Atlantic City, so the snow outside added to the ambiance of the holiday decorations on display outside, as well. Our room was clean, quiet and the beds were comfortable. The decor was nice and the bathroom was also nice. When you flush the toilet, the sound was a bit loud, however, I did not mind so much because it meant you did not have to repeatedly flush (often times, I found when I stay at hotels near large bodies of water, you might have to flush several times, which can be annoying). The flat screen TV was also great with many cable channels to choose from. There was a restaurant, on the first floor, which served only breakfast for an additional cost. We ate there and the food (various selections of eggs, sausage, etc.) was really tasty (prices were decent, too) and the orange juice was so delicious!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lady4Evermore
Hello Jane,

I honestly couldn't believe at first that a customer would take the time to leave feedback from 2010!!! Thank you so much! We greatly appreciate it! Such great comments, we couldn't be happier with the outcome. You should definitely come back this summer! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

York, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

Booked this hotel for a bachelorette party and was very happy with the experience. The hotel is very nice and rooms were clean, spacious, and felt high end. The staff was very willing to accomodate all of my needs. I asked to check in early and they were able to make that happen- even with 2 rooms. They also kept the rooms across from each other because I asked for them to be near each other. Upon check-in, the valet and front desk were very quick and efficient. One of the girls in my party dropped a bank envelope with $1500 cash and the valet came searching for her to return it. When she tried to tip him, he would barely accept it. When one of the girls in my party had to arrive late, the front desk allowed me to keep a key card for her so she could get into the room while we were out. When I wanted keep my car with the valet for an extra hour in the AM so I could run to the boardwalk for last minute shopping, they were very helpful and agreeable. No extra fees. I was very happy with all aspects of booking and staying at this hotel and would recommend it for a lower cost option with great access to the boardwalk.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank wldchic869
Hi wldchic869!

So great to read such great comments! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. I could not help but feel that your score didn't reflect your comments but I would love to make sure that 3 becomes a 5 on your next visit! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Being just a short walk from the boardwalk, but coming at a price much lower than most boardwalk properties, this was our choice. The hotel charges for valet service even though the lot is just behind the hotel, which at times seemed to add an unnecessary wait for getting the car. I assume they do this because the entrance area is quite small. Aside from that, the rooms were exactly as pictured, clean, and have a minifridge. The hotel front desk staff was very courteous and Sean was always a good time when we returned from our late night fun. They were able to recommend a driver, Myron, who they deal with often. Since the hotel does not have a courtesy shuttle, Myron was the way to go. When back in atlantic city we would be interested in staying here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank penguinsfan14
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear penguinsfan14,

(I am a Capitals fan >:| ) Thank you so much for taking the time to share such amazing comments. We appreciate that you didn't let the Valet wait time affect our score. It gets unexpectedly busy at times even with the right number of Valet Agents. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff courteous (I'll be sure to tell Sean). We eagerly look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

York, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I went to Atlantic City for a show at one one of the casino hotels. Being a Friday night I knew it was going to be an expensive night to stay right in town, but wasn't expecting way over $300 for one night at the casino. So I went in search of someplace less expensive. I found the Marriott for $139 for the night which I felt was a good price for a Friday night in AC.

Upon arriving at the Marriott you'll find that they only offer valet parking and it will cost you $10 a night. If you want to park someplace else you're welcome to, but you'll still have to pay plus you'll have to walk back to the hotel. Very few places in AC offer free parking.

The lobby was nicely decorated and the front desk staff was very pleasant and friendly. The room its self was nice and offered plenty of space for sleeping. It's not the biggest hotel room I ever stayed in but it is plenty big to move around in. This hotel is getting older now and there was some wear on the furniture, but it was minimal and nothing that would make me say the room has to be updated. Overall it was a very nice and comfortable room.

Breakfast in the Marriott restaurant was enjoyable. It's a buffet and you can get your eggs cooked to order and the price was in line with other places in Atlantic City.

This Marriott is a nice alternative to the casino hotels in Atlantic City and over all is probably nicer than some of the casinos. Friday and Saturday night will always be expensive and during the summer the rates get crazy expensive at all of the hotels, but Marriott is usually a little less and worthwhile looking into for your stay in AC.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank temerich
Dear temerich,

Thank you very, very much for taking the time to share such a detailed feedback. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our location convenient. We appreciate the great comments you shared about almost all aspects of the Hotel. We hope to see you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.