“Decent Stay Near the Board Walk”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bowie, Maryland
“Decent Stay Near the Board Walk”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. Its an older hotel but they do their best. Rooms are clean and front desk is always eager to assist. Breakfast is average and costs around $14. Frankly, the only two things that separate breakfast here from other Marriotts is the omelet station and the fact that breakfast isn't included in your stay. All in all, I still stay here whenever in AC.

• Stayed April 2014
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Senior Contributor,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. I could not help but feel that your score didn't reflect your comments but I would love to make sure that 3 becomes a 5 on your next visit! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102| F: 609-345-5207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Finnish first
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed in AC as a child with such wonderful memories of the Boardwalk and the beach - holy cow - WHAT happened? we arrived at the Marriott with our jaws on the ground, the surrounding area is frightful!!! Peep shows and nude clubs almost surround the hotel - my 14 year old son of course thought it was awesome. That aside, I couldn't wait to show him and my husband the "boardwalk". Short walk from the hotel, past the parking lot, trash, Strip club, smelly alleyway, and your there...Ugh. I will try to refrain from reviewing the Boardwalk itself from the review of this hotel to be fair, however, I would NOT recommend walking this short trek to the Boardwalk alone or at night. The hotel itself was a welcome respite from the surrounding area, we had a King suite on the 17th floor which was nice, but the furniture was outdated and very uncomfortable, but the suite had a nice layout. Breakfast...GO somewhere else!! I realize that they have to charge for breakfast because everyone does in this tourist trap, even though we are Platinum members, but honestly, this was insulting...a standard breakfast buffet you could find in ANY holiday inn style hotel for free (cereal, bagels, hotel styled sausage, all of which were sitting out for hours and an omelet station) for $12.99 per person??? The Resorts Casino next door offered a full cooked to order for only $10.99!! What really bugged me is that my 10 year old son accompanied me and asked only for tea (he had a terrible cold and wasn't hungry) - YUP, she charged him full price $12.99 - we were the only people in the "restaurant" - thought this was so insulting considering they offered free to go coffee and tea in the lobby. The best part of this hotel is their staff, wonderful front desk, very courteous and friendly! I left Atlantic City feeling very sad for its future, I know I will not bring my family back here ever again! we had a wonderful time just twenty miles south or so, please wake up Atlantic City!!!! :(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank kewood99
Dear Top Contributor!

Thank you being a Platinum member with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts in details and choosing to stay with us. I am saddened to see that your review was mostly geared toward the city itself, which we unfortunately do not have control over. It is true that there are plenty of Gentlemens clubs and bars but I believe there are even more great restaurants and casinos to check out. AC is definitely geared toward adults and I would recommend Ocean City for a family trip.

I apolagize that they charged you for the full amount for your 10 year old son. Did you happened to ask the desk or receptionist about it? 10yr and under get a half off deal. Please understand that we have to charge everyone for breakfast because it is a Marriott Brand Standard. I would love for you to give us another shot, maybe just your wife and you. There are plenty of concerts and events that you can enjoy and use points to stay with us. Feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I was a little leery about this hotel at first because of the location. We arrived at night, so in the dark it seemed to be a shady location. However, the location was actually perfect. Not too close to the hustle and bustle of the city, but not too far away from the boardwalk and happenings. Walking distance of food and casinos and clubs and what have you. Very clean hotel, very friendly staff. Highly recommend! Just wish there was a casino located in the hotel :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kim K
Hi Kim!

Kim K..ardas..hian? Haha, couldn't help but think of that as soon as I read your ID. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Very happy to hear that you loved the staff and would stay again! Thank you very much for recommending us. We eagerly look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.

New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went to AC for my birthday. I gave this hotel an average rating because it is a nice hotel BUT it is too far from the action, no parking (except valet) and they have a no party policy (not enforced). However, the staff was very polite, the breakfast was good and the rooms were nice.

Charged too many points!

Oh no pool :(

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Anne!

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us. I could not help but feel that your score didn't reflect what we could provide as a Hotel. We unfortunately cannot change our location. :/ But, I do agree that we charge too many points. Unfortunately that is out of our hands. We are a category 7 and it's because of our location and demand. If you decide to come back, I would love to make sure that 3 becomes a 5 on your next visit! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

Hewitt, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Very disappointed ,as a Marriott Reward Member I can never get a reservation ,but if I book under AAA or Senior there are openings. Must Valet park and there are no restaurants in area except across the street and food was terrible. Restaurant in hotel only opened for breakfast,which is very good. Must take a cab to go anywhere because of the hassle to keep getting your car every time you want to go somewhere. Rooms are clean and well kept. Disappointed they raised the rewards another 5000 points, when there is no swimming pool ,small gym. . Closed the other Marriott Fairfield in Absecon which had a pool, parking lot and many restaurants close by. Continental breakfast but we prefer to eat in a restaurant or diner. Really thinking this might be my last year as a Rewards member Travel is limited because of disability so can't use rewards unless no airplane traveling

Room Tip: Higher floors better view
Green Features: Not sure though I ' sure they are environmentally -friendly
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Senior Contributor,

Thank you for being a rewards member! I am quiet confused about the beginning of your comment. You can't ever get a reservation unless you use senior or AAA? Do you mean, discounted rates? Feel free to contact me for your next stay and I can do my best to set everything up for you with a good rate.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This was our first time in AC. We chose this hotel because we have stayed in Courtyards before and are happy with the service provided. Also we wanted a quieter hotel that did not have a casino attached (figured we could save some money by this strategy!!). This was a good choice.

Reading some reviews, if you are at an hotel a block or two back from the boardwalk, it is like an SAS training course trying to get to the seafront. Just use common sense, keep together, walk on well lit streets and don't be a target ( ie. do not overdo alcoholic refreshments). And if that's still too scary, get a taxi.

We were checked in by Laurel, who was very professional and friendly. When she found this was our first time in AC, she took time out to tell us how to get around and gave use useful maps and other local information.

The room was very nice, coffee making facilities, great shower, room maybe needing a few bits of tlc here and there, high up on the 16th floor, with great views of the Boardwalk and the Ocean.

Breakfast buffets were also very good and Ursula our waitress was friendly and helpful. In fact all staff we met were excellent.

A nice touch in the foyer is the ice cold lemon water and a giant pile of apples.( yes free!!)

We had a great time, spent loads of money gambling and shopping and even got a tan. We never felt at personal risk at any time, no matter what time of day or night.

A the risk of starting a riot with 'gold', 'platinium' or whatever grade members, thank you very much for the comped breakfasts, which was a nice surprise, most unexpected but very much appreciated.

We will stay here when we next return.

Room Tip: The higher the better but has to face the sea.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Scott,

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a detailed feedback. Thank you very much for sharing tips of our location to the boardwalk and mentioning Ursula and Laurel. So happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would return. You should definitely come back again this summer! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.

Tampa, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Our room was immaculate, comfortable and we had a great view from the 15th floor. Everyone we met was very friendly and hard working employees. They all seemed to enjoy working at the hotel. Breakfast was delicious with real eggs and omelets made to order. You would be doing yourself a favor by staying at this super clean, fresh smelling. ultra comfortable hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hello oneyarride,

Whoa! That title says it all! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. Such amazing comments from a Top Contributor! Very happy to hear that you loved the staff and felt that they enjoy working here! I work very hard to remind everyone that we are a team and to operate as a team. We appreciate you mentioning Breakfast and the cleanliness as well. We eagerly look forward to seeing you again for a future stay. Please contact me if you need anything at all.