“Good Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Overall, the stay went well. The room is a little bit smaller than I had imagined, but that's fine as it was a place to stay after an evening out. The gentleman who checked us in on June 14 was very pleasant and acknowledged my Marriott status with a welcome gift. Only 4 stars were given due to the letter in the room about the strict no party policy. You're located in AC, it's sort of expected, especially with being so close to Resorts and Revel. Although, I do understand this is a business oriented portion of the Marriott chain. Other than that little note and room size, everything was great!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jpq24
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! I am so glad to hear that our rewards gift bag isn't going unnoticed, regardless of how small of a gesture it is. I apolagize if you felt that way about our No Party Policy. Even if we are in Atlantic City, we are gearing toward customers that want quiet and clean. It's because that we are so close to the casinos, we believe our guests can have the best of both word. Gambling, restaurant and nightlife but them come back to a nice and quiet place to rest. Please contact me if you need anything at all! :)

P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102| F: 609-345-5207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
Dollard-des-Ormeaux, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed in a suite on the top floor and it was very clean. There was a small jacuzzi tub but there was no in-room safe. Valet parking was efficient. It was about 1/2 mile from boardwalk. The views of the hotel face North and South and not towards the ocean. Take a room facing South.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hi David,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your suite and found Valet efficient. South side room is a great tip to readers and future guests of ours! Thank you again and please contact me if you need anything at all.

Dover, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed for two days at this hotel while in Atlantic City. The rooms were clean and a nice size.
The bathroom was also a good size. (some hotels barely bigger than a closet! not so here) The shower had decent water pressure and the bed was very comfortable.
The hotel was located a short safe two blocks from the boardwalk.
Breakfast buffet was good, the omelette station the stand out part of it.The front desk was kind enough to give us free breakfast as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. (thanks again!)
The lobby and hotel were nicely decorated and the front desk and all employees that we encountered were very pleasant and helpful. The elevators were quick and readily available. (we were on the 11th floor)
The valet parking, although expected in this area, but not something I would normally use ( I usually look for free parking), was very efficient and not outrageously priced at just shy of $13.
With the price, service and close proximity to the boardwalk and easy driving distance to other casinos and restaurants,we would choose this hotel to stay in next time we are in Atlantic City.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank 1of5fishnhouse
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review! From your comments, I believe it was me that checked you in! I am glad to hear that we could be a part of your 25th anniversary celebration and I was happy to give you some breakfast coupons!

We appreciate you mentioning good things about the staff and hotel itself. We look forward to seeing you again in the future. Summer is a gonna be big! Contact me if you need anything at all! :)

West Warwick, Rhode Island
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I can understand the positive reviews from different folks. However, I cannot bring myself up to agree. People talk about price ($99), but you can stay at the Borgata for that much. The Tropicana is $79. Harrah's was $46. Those are right on the boardwalk. Regardless, I was in town for business, so being on the boardwalk didn't matter to me. Don't get me wrong...the price is a fair value, just saying that it's not a GREAT deal for the area.

The property itself is nice. Rooms are solid. Staff is accommodating. This is the first hotel I've stayed at in years that doesn't have microwaves available upon request for medical reasons. Strange, but again, not a deal breaker.

Now for the game changer. For those saying not to be put off by the location, I have to strongly disagree. I was travelling alone on business and I am fairly street savvy. Therefore, walking to a restaurant or to the boardwalk alone, weren't a huge deal for me. However, I felt extremely unsafe. There were people, literally, making comments to me as I walked by them. Had I been travelling with my wife and daughter, I would have never checked in. Driving by the countless strip clubs, adult stores and overall riff raff before check in told me all I needed to know. The area is beyond bad. So bad, in fact, that the restaurant that I ate at each night across the street had a door man screening people before allowing them in.

I feel bad saying it, but stay away if you want to enjoy night life. If you plan on staying in every night (kind of tough with no food on site) or if you are a fourth degree black belt...enjoy!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Joshua M
Dear Joshua,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts in details and choosing to stay with us. I am saddened to see that your review was mostly geared toward the city itself, which we unfortunately do not have control over. I would love for you to give us another shot, maybe just your wife and you. There are plenty of concerts and events that you can enjoy and use points to stay with us. Feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Don't be intimidated by ACs valiant attempt to match the decay of Havana. Go to AC and stay at this beautiful hotel. Great rooms. Beautiful lobby. Great staff. A safe one block from the boardwalk and steel pier. Safe valet parking and an easy drive to the casinos. Standard Courtyard buffet breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ron_from_Brooklyn
Anik_GR, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi Ron!

So great to read such great comments! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. Please contact me if you need anything at all for your next visit. Thank you again.

Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Spent a weekend at the Courtyard and our stay was nice. The rooms are clean and modern, and the staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast is expensive ($12+) and parking cost is an actual robbery, but aside from that the hotel is a good, affordable stay in AC.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Hi Christopher,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed our the service. I am saddened to hear that you found the parking and breakfast expansive. We hope to see you again and comp you breakfast, so please contact me the next time you are coming down with this review.

Bowie, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. Its an older hotel but they do their best. Rooms are clean and front desk is always eager to assist. Breakfast is average and costs around $14. Frankly, the only two things that separate breakfast here from other Marriotts is the omelet station and the fact that breakfast isn't included in your stay. All in all, I still stay here whenever in AC.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Senior Contributor,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and choosing to stay with us. Thank you for mentioning almost every aspect of the hotel and letting us know that our service isn't going unnoticed. I could not help but feel that your score didn't reflect your comments but I would love to make sure that 3 becomes a 5 on your next visit! Please contact me if you need anything at all. Thank you again.