“Comfortable and great location”

Courtyard Atlantic City
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Baltimore, Maryland
“Comfortable and great location”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel is only a block from the ocean. The room is well appointed with desk, small refrigerator and coffee maker. I had a room on the 9th floor and heard no street noise, They gave complimentary bottles of water upon check in. We had an early meeting so did not get to have breakfast which was not served until 06:30. The bed was comfortable and the room very clean. We walked to one of the Casino's for a great meal and there was a parade going on at the Boardwalk. It is also within 2 blocks of the steel pier so lots of activities for families.

Room Tip: Upper floors in the back have water views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank canddlove
AnikDontPanic, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Top Contributor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. I am very happy to heard that you were impressed with us. We appreciate you sharing room tips with other guests, which definitely helps make things easier! I would love to make the value on your next visit 5/5 to get a perfect score!!

P: 609-345-7070 ext. 7102| F: 609-345-5207

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my three daughters from 7/23-7/25. The lobby and the room was clean and we were given a warm welcome. I would have given this hotel five stars but I was very upset after returning from a long day at the beach and our room was not cleaned. I went to the front desk to complain and they were very apologetic. In all of my travels I have never encountered a housekeeping staff as rude and unfriendly as this one. My debit card was mistakenly charged for valet parking but when I called the hotel to complain they removed the charges immediately. Overall we had a great stay but because of the housekeeping issue I would not stay at Courtyard again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
AnikDontPanic, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Hi Kaylin,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I am glad you had a good stay and saddened hear that you wouldn't give us another shot due to the housekeeping issue. I cannot explain how your room was missed on service but the only way rooms don't get cleaned is if there was a Do Not Disturb sign on and we were not given a heads up when it was removed. I really hope you reconsider and decide to stay with us again. We are having our first renovation done mid-October and would love for you to come check us out after. Thank you again and contact me if you need anything at all.

Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We stayed 8/2, and had a great time, the hotel was very clean and the staff was very friendly, look forward to staying here again. We stayed at many different marriotts around the country and this one of the best

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dominick P
Hi Dominick,

Thank you so, so much for the amazing comments and taking the time to share them with the world! I couldn't be happier to read that our effort didn't go unnoticed! We appreciate you recommending us and considering us one of the best!!! Please contact me for your next visit and I will do my best to make sure you are well taken care of.

Allentown PA
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We just stayed at the Marriott this past Sat 8/2/14 as we were attending a concert at the Boardwalk Hall. Nice and clean Hotel within a 5-10 min walk to the Boardwalk. The check in process was quick and easy. Courteous desk attendants who were also helpful explaining how the Jitney stop out front works, plus with a couple other questions we had. They even gave us an arrival gift of bottled water and some hershey kisses. They had a free wine tasting event in the dining area from 4-6 that evening however we did not attend. But, thought that was a nice little option. The room itself, had everything we needed to feel comfortable. Beds were awesome and had a great nite sleep. We had 2 double's which were smaller than what we're used to, but all the same, comfy. The clock in the room did not have the correct time, took us a while to realize that. Of course, easily changed. They had iced water with fresh lemon in the reception area at all times and free apples and coffee the next morning at checkout. Plus the option of paying for a continental or full breakfast. When we left to attend the concert, there was a driver right outside the door ready to take us immediately. $13.00 for the ride, not too bad. I assume it's $1.00 per block. He was a personable driver with an immaculate van! Check out morning on the Sunday was a bit hectic with everyone hanging out in the lobby around 11-12pm waiting on valet to get their cars. But, that's to be expected. We actually didnt realize how full the hotel was because we never saw anyone until the day we left. One recommendation I would have for us smoker's is an ashtray out front off to the side so people don't leave their cigarette butts all over the ground. Overall, enjoyed our experience and would not hesitate to stay there again.

Room Tip: For a couple, ask for a King Bed and request a Higher floor for a bit of view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Scottishlass99
Dear Senior Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a detailed review and staying with us. I am very happy to hear the great comments regarding almost every aspect of the hotel and am glad that you enjoyed your stay. As you can see, it does get chaotic at times. August has always been a rough month but we are doing our best and business is great. I would love to make the experience on your next visit 5/5!! Feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We stayed here in July 2011 and enjoyed it so,the staff was so friendly..Then we came back during X-Mas 2013 time to visit friends. The rooms are clean, staff is still friendly. the restaurant within the hotel is decent. We had a king size bed that was comfortable. The prices were great, parking was expensive-should have been included. We went out to the boardwalk, and enjoyed the night air, went over the bridge an shopped alittle.. Nice being able to walk to things, instead of using the car all the time. Would most definetly stay here again. : )

Room Tip: Higher floors less noise, always get a front room so that you can look out at the night. Do not get...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Hi JZMSZCS,

Thank you very much for coming back to stay with us and taking the time to share your feedback. I am very happy to hear the great comments regarding great price, friendly staff and that you enjoyed your stay and would stay again. Parking unfortunately is not under a third party company and controlled under a different management team. I am glad that this option didn't ruin your experience. I would love to make the experience on your next visit 5/5!! Feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A friend and I recently stayed here for one night when on a girlfriend's weekend trip to Atlantic City. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice this hotel was, especially for the price. All of the staff was friendly and helpful, check in was fast and they let us check in early, and our room was great. Nice and clean and everything we needed was there. It was very centrally located, with only a 2 block walk to the boardwalk. Very close to the Resorts Casino. Valet parking cost us $12 a night but wasn't bad. Overall we were very happy with our stay here and would definitely stay here again if we came back. We also found a living social deal for this hotel so we got a great price.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lindsay B
AnikDontPanic, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Lindsay,

Thank you so, so much for the amazing comments and taking the time to share them with the world! It means a lot, coming from a SeinorContributor. I couldn't be happier to read that our effort didn't go unnoticed! We appreciate you recommending us as sharing tips with the readers. Please contact me for your next visit and I will do my best to make sure you are well taken care of.

London
Reviewed 5 August 2014

There is no need to stay at a more expensive hotel though they are certainly available. Easy walking distance to boardwalk. Good, clean rooms with good wifi. Parking is very pricey - may be general for this area

Room Tip: ask for room with a view on one of top floors
Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ExphilipX
AnikDontPanic, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Atlantic City, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Hi Exphilip,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave such a sweet review and being a Top Contributor with TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear the great comments and am glad that you enjoyed your stay. Parking is pretty reasonable when you look at Atlantic City, hotels in Philly or NY go up to $50-$60 for parking. I would love to make the experience on your next visit 5/5!! Feel free to contact me if you need anything at all.