Bally's Atlantic City
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$162
US$118
US$91
  • Pool
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$56
  • Beachfront
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$101
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$82
US$50
  • Restaurant
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
US$100
US$80
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$76
Courtyard
US$95
US$76
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$182
Travelocity
10,092 results
All reviewsgarden towerwild wild westjohnny rocketsharry's oyster barbeach barocean viewslot machinestable gamesnice roomget awayballysboardwalkcasinofungamblingemployeesoutlets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 June 2011

This was my first time staying at Bally's and I will never do it again. I was heading down with a group of friends and one of our friends was arriving earlier. Our friend who made the reservation called to see if his borther could check in without him. He offered to fax them a written permission form but they refused to let anyone check in until he arrived. I've worked in event planning for years and this is the first time I have ever encountered this.

We were really looking forward to the weekend and spent ALOT of money on our room only to be put in the "Claridge Tower". This is a clean but very dated and SMALL tower. It's equiped with a minature pool that they charge you $10 per person to use which is kindof insane considering how much we had spent on our room.

When we arrived at the hotel I unloaded our bags onto a luggage cart and brought them up to the lobby. My friend was already waiting in a line (about 20 people long) to check in. There was only one person checking people in unless you were in their diamond club where there were five people to assist you. So needless to say, we were waiting a long time. While I stood with our cart a bellman came up and said I couldn't use the cart unless I was going to pay them to take my bags up. I said no thanks and he unloaded all of our bags into the middle of the lobby.

We shook this off and were determined to have a good time anyway. Everytime we caleld ownstairs for service or tried to reach the concierge for info about the area we had to sit on the line with the phone rining for at leats 5-10 (no exaggeration) minutes (one time there was even a recording that told us all lines were busy and to try back at 10:30 at night) before someone would answer at which time they were short and rude. They took almost two hours to deliver an extra blanket the one night meaning that they were knocking on our door around 1:00AM which is completely unacceptable.

Our air conditioning in the room was inconsistent and hard to control sometimes making the room freezing and sometimes too hot when it was always set at the same temperature. There was no vent in the bathroom so when you showered the humidity stayed in the room. We didn't spend much time in the room but what time we did spend was not very comfortable.

Overall I would say it was a huge let down for somewhere that claims to have so much to offer. I don't know if other casinos in AC are any better but I would never reccomend Bally's to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank whirledtraveler3
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I have long ago lost count of the number of times I have stayed at this facility but as usual I really have no complaints. This casino hotel has beautiful rooms, extremely WONDERFUL beds. I get the best sleep when I stay here. The rooms are very clean, linen pristine white, big fluffy towels, you couldn't ask for better. There is a small fridge but no microwaves. Television hasVERY limited stations, I figure this is due to the fact they want you in the casino spending money rather than in the room watching TV. The grout in the bathrooms are a bit dingy but as long as the floors are clean it really doesn't matter. I normally stay on the Wild West side of the facility, be aware though there are no views from these rooms. The majority of them face a wall or the parking lot, but there are a few where you can get a partial ocean view if you're lucky. If you like a view I would suggest you stay on the Park Place side of the facility where there are some quite lovely city and ocean view rooms on the higher floors. The rooms are a bit on the small side compared to some of the other casino hotels in Atlantic City but still comfortable and nothing to complain about. My one and only criticism on this trip is the fact that the housekeeper was Asian and could not speak english. Made communicating with her very difficult. Trying to get coffe for the coffee maker took me more than 10 minutes, had to dig the used packages out of the garbage to show her what I wanted. Thought this a bit much for this kind of facility, all their employees should be able to communicate with the guests, but I got my coffee and all was well. This is one of the nicest facilities in Atlantic City and I would recommend it to anyone wanting an A rated stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank kinz1219
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I went to Ballys with my father on June 13th, checked in at 3 pm, no lines at all. Rep was very friendly and had me checked in, in a few minutes. I stayed in the Bally's Tower, 42nd floor, room was clean and decent. Everyone I encountered always had a smile and said hello. Will definitely be staying here again. Check out was a breeze, did it via the television. The casino floor was busy and the slots were good to me.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank JJB1976
Reviewed 16 June 2011

booked a room online last minute. Got to the casino 1/2 hr after i said i would be and our room wasnt ready. We thought oh man. this weekend is gonna stink. 1 hr later up to our adjoining penthouse suite in the Garden TOwer!!!. It was amazing. The rooms were new and spacious and we left the door between the 2 open for our 3 day stay. the bathroom was big enough for 3 people in the shower and another 2 doing their hair. After dinner at the reserve (the lamb special, and the halibut special, the most delicious steaks etc and we ate off each others plates. But the best part of the meal was dessert!! we ordered one of each. yum yum Saturday we spent the day in the spa at ballys. Antonio had hands of gold and gave me a great swedish massage. Artoros is a great italian restaurant. the wild west saloon had beer bong, a live band, dancing, 2 bars and a mechanical bull ride. I will defineatly return

Room Tip: ask at the front desk that is all we did
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank dconc74
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Arrived on a Thursday at noon. Was able to check in after only waiting a few minutes in line, and was told that we got one of the renovated rooms in the Clairidge tower. It was a really nice room too. Complete with a view of the beach! The only bad parts about the room (807) was that it was unclear to me if the bathroom was actually renovated, and the bathroom was tiny (would have preferred that the bathroom door swing out instead of in), and the outside of the window was dirty. The room had the flat screen TV that some people seem to think is important, but we weren't there to watch TV. No bed bugs (bed looked fairly new), and all the linens looked good too. I really loved this location on the boardwalk! I did eat in the hotel several times, most notable at Primo Pizza which has a $5 special for two slices and a "medium" drink (that's really a small). I also got the "Beat The Heat" promotion both days (for $28 + $17). I also went to the 24 hr happy hour bar in the WWW, which was crowded even on a Thursday night (the other bars there were pretty empty). However, if there is a reason to pick this one on a Thursday night, it's the iCandy Burlesque show, which I also loved, and want to see again. The beach by the hotel is nice too. Bally's is also near my favorite place on the boardwalk to get ice cream. Check out was just as quick and easy as checking in was. Quite frankly, this vacation could not have gone much better. I loved the hot weather. Only mishap I had was when a slot machine I was using broke and I lost 30 cents. They never came to fix that.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple