“Great time at bally's”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Check in Nov.6 for a 4 night comp. Recieved a tower room 3243. The tower room was nice but they don't pay attlon to detail. Every brass fixture had polish resadew build up. Room was clean but a little dated. Surprised, they had a old tv but it had a nise picture-what else could you ask for. Had room service twice experienced no problems food was actually good.
Casino floor was fun many games to choose from, I was ahead every night except the last night. Spent a few afternoons at the spa was worth the room charge. Virginia City was very good as a buffet, Bagel Connection not bad either. Overall had a very good experience, would like to THANK the staff for their promptness and their gifts. Will return!

• Stayed: November 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (9,814)

Reviewed 13 November 2011

PLEASE look at pics,, I got in the room there was mold on the carpets, dust all over the phones, then I went in the bathroom and there was a wet toilit seat as well as some mold by the lights in the bathroom. OHH !!! bloody sheets)

I then called to the lobby, and rewuested another room, which they said they were going to send someone up right away, but no one came so I walked to the ceasers where i plyed for 3 hours. when i came back I went to the lobby, and the manager didnt want to switch me out untill I should other people checking in. After about 10 minutes in the new room he calls the phone saying, that I lied to him and I wouldnt let the man to check out the room when he sent them up. after I went down stairs and argued with him, he callled security on me. He had no morality to himself, and was the upmost disrespectfull guy Ive ever met.
Luckly the times which he gave me, saying that i didnt let the managemnt in the room , was while I was playing at ceasers, which I confirmed. When I went back, I didnt get one opology, but he kept on screaming at me, then I left...................... the place sucks!!!!!!!!!!! dont go, dont trust them.. I never got an answer from the mgmt, which I called and left a message.]

OHH !!! bloody sheets) any questions please feel free to email me, if I were more savy I would call the health dept, but dont have time. (achoffy@gmail.com

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank a h
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Went with a travel group for my 40th birthday and met a friend there. I had read reviews and was scared to death of how the room would look. The room was freakin AMAZING!!! We stayed in Room 2169 (i think) at Claridge Tower. It was the top floor, the view was beautiful and the room color scheme was GREAT!!! Had an art deco look and was CLEAN! Fancy-schmancy if you will lol. We stayed 3 nights and spent alot of time just in the room because it was that comfortable and nice. I stood at the window most of the time and at night I would watch the lights of the city. We got so lucky, best time of my life. I recommend you stay here and on the top floor.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2011

my wife and I stayed Oct24-29, nothing but good things about Bally,s. stayed in room 514, two doors from elevators,nice window view of courtyard with boardwalk & ocean .As we are not big gamblers($20 a day) can't comment on the casinos,but still came out about $100 ahead (knowing when to quit is the trick),the bus trip we were on,intitled us to a breakfast or $10 food voucher,ate twice up in the 6th floor 6ix Bistro,steak and eggs $10+coffee+tax, nice little bagel shop in the Wild Wild West,good value but situated beside the smoking section,everything is brown bagged so could taken back to room,excellent room service all week, the coffee service is a one cup affair,as we like coffee&Baileys every morning (room fridge worked a treat), the maid left enough to have two cups each.(we tip good maids).Wild Wild West has the best buffet on the walk by far,also the mountain bar has the 24hr happy hour $2 beers. Johnny Rockets is right there on the Boardwalk great food and plenty of it. Went shopping at the outlet stores one block from the hotel, also took a trip to Smithville quaint little shops to browse around.We were able to book Harrah,s legends show at Bally,s and used the free shuttle to it with the Total Rewards card, This time of year things are winding down on the season,a lot of table games closed all week to open Fri noon ,Looking forward to going back next year.

Room Tip: close to the elevators is very convient to ice m/c,stairs and was not disturbed by any noise from ha...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chipmonk5
Reviewed 11 November 2011

I like Bally's because you have the availability of playing at Ceasar's, Wild Wild West and Bally's. There's lots to do if you want to take a walk through the Ceasar's shops and watch the water show. There are many food options. The room was comped so who's to complain. Most people are in the casinos and not staying in their rooms. The room was clean and in one of the newer towers. I have stayed in the Claridge and some rooms have been updated. I would stay again for the price of a comp.

Room Tip: Just ask for a room in one of the newer towers.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2011

We intentionally went on a Monday so there would be less traffic and smaller crowds. We decided to stay the night and was pleasantly surprised to be offered a room rate of $39 plus tax. We got two rooms (one for us, one for my mother), and I had the best night's sleep since I left home the week before. I was half expecting to be in a dungeon fr that $39 price, but it was great. I was warned that the price jumps to around $200 on weekends though. Go weekdays :)

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2011

I was hesitant on staying at Bally's since I am over-the-top picky on clean. No worries at all. The place is nice, the rooms are nice and the bed is comfy. Staff was attentive to our demands. All in all Ballys is a good choice to stay at especially if you want to keep your funds for the slots and not for the hotel room.
Like one review stated "know what to ask for" we asked, the moment we stepped through the doors if we could have an upgrade and were given one. It is all in how you approach the staff. We just turn on the Wisconsin charm and are never dissapointed.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple