“Bally's gets a C- for our stay during NJEA convention.”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Each year I look forward to attending this convention and thought I would stay overnight to get the full experience. About a month before convention, we called the ac reservation number to make reservations. We were placed on hold for long period of time and given conflicting information. One call we were told there were no openings, different rates and transferred to different departments. We finally decided on Bally's for Wednesday and Thursday night at a rate of $73 a night. We thought that was a great rate so I decided to add a night to my reservation. A week before our reservation I called to add the day and was redirected to a different department. I was told I would need to check out of our room and then check in to a different room. I was shocked, as I have stayed at many hotels and never had to do that. I asked for a later check out or an earlier check in and was told it was not permitted. After checking into the new room, we called room service and was on hold for almost an hour. We then called the front desk and they also couldn't get through. I was surprised at the lack of guest services. We finally check out and discover that there is an additional $100 charge on our account to cover for any incidentals. We didn't have any, however Bally's doesn't release the money back for 3-5 business days. We were never informed of this an were confused about the additional charge. We then spent another hour and a half on the phone being transferred back and forth and being placed on hold. I asked to receive a copy of that charge and was told that wasn't available to the front desk supervisor. Ugh....I learned a lot during my trip to the convention. One lesson: don't stay in Atlantic City you are better off to stay in Absecon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank vony767
Write a ReviewReviews (9,806)

Reviewed 10 November 2013

We waited an hour in line. WeAnd that i didnt even mind because the rooms always made it worth it. But not this time. We booked a new room with a king size bed but we got an old room with two double beds. I begged if there was any way i could pay to upgrade or anything. Because I wanted the weekend to be perfect for my man. This is my 3rd time this year staying at ballys I came back because it was always nice. Brought my boyfriend for the first time. We were both so dissappointed. I was in tears when I saw the room. We were put on such a dirty floor with trash in the hall ways and young drunk kids everywhere. Stains all over the carpets. Maybe because we are a young couple they thought we wanted to party when we really wanted a romantic getaway. Ipaid a higher price for ballys over other hotels because I wanted this weekend to be perfect for us. Was the worst weekend yet in AC.

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Country88Chica88
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the old section of this hotel nov 7. 2013. Only one night thank the good Lord.The carpets in the hallways were filthy So many nasty stains they added new designs to the threadbare disgusted carpet. Cigarette butts, used /discarded matches, half eaten Hershey bar added to the nasty looking carpet. I knew this was only gonna get worse. When we opened the door to our Room on 17th floor this is what awaited us:
1. Nasty filthy stained up carpet
2. Hole in wall over first bed
3. Two big frame hooks still in wall over bed with no picture
4. Clock radio had dried brown stains shudder to speculate what that was...
5. Phone was dirty used my knuckles when I made my calls to get room changed, then held phone
Away from my mouth
6. Vent was from cover near window it was caked with thick mounds of dirt/dust
7. Bathroom dingy dirty sink ledge covered with stains
8 Forgot wall had dried stains running down the wall
9. Chairs were filled with stains. Resting new design yuck
They offered to have room cleaned right away!! Now unless the process has changed I do believe room are to be cleaned prior to occupancy.

I was offered $25 towards a meal you could not PAY me to eat there.

So I was switched to room on 12th floor:
1. Same dingy filthy hallway and room carpet
2. Room chairs filled with stains creating a new design yuck
3. Black mold in the shower stall disgusting

So I did not use shower or go barefoot. I slept fully clothed with my head wrapped. I was not gonna risk bringing home any microorganisms as a parting gift.

Front desk employee Melissa could use some customer service training she treated me and my guest like we were lacking in intelligence. However she did authorize a partial credit towards bill.
I should not have had to pay anything for being in that filthy environment.

I will never stay at Ballys again.

Room Tip: Preview the room first.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
6  Thank Jackie536
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Was skeptical about going to Bally's after reading some of the reviews after booking our stay. Well, I am glad I did not listen to the negative reviews....had no problem checking in, got the room we wanted, rooms were cleaned and could not believe we had our room cleaned by 10 the next morning...went to breakfast walked a little on the boardwalk returned by 10 and room was done!! We liked it so much we book a 4 night stay for April...can't wait!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 November 2013

There are plenty of hotels in Atlantic City that want your business. Reconsider your choice if it's Ballys. Dirty room, rude staff, construction on the casino floor that's ongoing. I will not return to Ballys ever again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kate J
Reviewed 10 November 2013

My husband and I stayed on Friday 11/8/13. We hardly get away alone, because of our small child. So when we do we are excited, until we came to Bally's. Check- in was a nightmare took over an hour. The gaming area is under construction and looks like a ghost town. Some of the elevators were broken and we had to wait. The worse of all was the room, the smell was so disgusting. It was making us sick. You cant open the windows even to get fresh air, so we sleep with the ac on in 40 degree weather The girl who checked us in told us she upgraded us to a better room. I wonder what the other rooms was like. I guess I will never know, because we will never return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ChristinePizz1965
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Checked in on November 6th, 2013. Walked in the room and there was a bad smell in the room. Put on the air conditioner to circulate some air. Went to dinner and when we came back my sister said to me do you smell urine? I told her I smelled it before and it didn't get better. Went down to change our room but was told only smoking rooms were available. The smell of smoke in the room was so bad we could not stay there. Was told by the manager it was either urine or smoke and they would move us tomorrow. Manager was very rude..No apology just attitude. Called Showboat and got a room. Never again will stay at Ballys.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends