“Not what we thought it would be” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bally's Atlantic City

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Toms River, New Jersey
“Not what we thought it would be”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013

My 2 friends and I stayed in the Claridge Tower for 2 nights. The room was comped to one of my friends. First of all, the room was small and dark. There was only 2 small lamps for the room. The beds were double instead of queen so 2 of us, who had to sleep together, did not sleep well. The beds were too soft and my back was killing me. The halls were noisy all night and there was a lot of banging. Although the room and bathroom were clean, it was not what we expected. We asked housekeeping for extra pillows and never received them. Luckily, we have a comp card or we would have had to pay $20 for valet parking. Because of the card it cost us $5 plus tip. I think I would try a different casino hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Get a comp card before staying because of the parking prices.
3 Thank saturncmc

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,023)
  • Korean first
Bloomington, Indiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

The primary problem with our stay was that we were unable to actually check into our hotel room until 2:30 a.m. (yes, that's 2:30 in the morning). We arrived last Friday night, with a reservation, and for reasons that were never really fully explained our room was not ready, it was still being cleaned. Now, mind you, we arrived at the hotel around 11:30 p.m. So to not have our room until 2:30 in the morning and to have to wait three hours to get into it was disappointing and aggravating to say the least.

The room itself was fine, very modern and comfortable. The bed was exceptionally nice and we all had a restful sleep. The bathroom is fine, shower works great. The walls must be thin b/c you can hear anyone and everyone who walks past your doors.

We ate at Arturo's for dinner, which was fabulous. They had a decent selection of wine and the wait staff was incredible--they were friendly, energetic and very professional.

pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed in the Bally's Tower over Veteren's Day weekend. I didn't want to stay at Ballys because their rooms are dumpy and the playing floor is depressing. However this was the only hotel my friends could get rooms so I too reserved a room. I was not disappointed. Rooms are still dumpy and the playing floor was not only still depressing, shabby decor, old machines, but there was "renovating". However, I didn't see any workers "renovating" the three days I was there. My room was so gross I wouldn't walk around w/o socks. Bally's need new management. I can't believe the Caesars Corporation would want to be connected to Bally's. I'm a diamond cardholder and had no problem checking in, but I felt bad for all the other people standing in a line that seemed endless. I just wanted to shout at them it's not worth the wait.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sensible57

Travellers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Princeton, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Beautiful ocean view from room & bathroom. Took bath enjoying ocean view. Shower leaked into main room soaking rug. No electric outlet in bathroom. Getting any service requires calling front desk. Sent out same day laundry service... Got it next day and smelled!
Room was clean. Towels were shabby. Just an average hotel with a fancy address and high price.
Informed front desk of shower leaking avoiding dealing with hotel.
Staff is nice and helpful, but hotel needs more staff and updating!

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank RFRocky
Brick, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

Each year I look forward to attending this convention and thought I would stay overnight to get the full experience. About a month before convention, we called the ac reservation number to make reservations. We were placed on hold for long period of time and given conflicting information. One call we were told there were no openings, different rates and transferred to different departments. We finally decided on Bally's for Wednesday and Thursday night at a rate of $73 a night. We thought that was a great rate so I decided to add a night to my reservation. A week before our reservation I called to add the day and was redirected to a different department. I was told I would need to check out of our room and then check in to a different room. I was shocked, as I have stayed at many hotels and never had to do that. I asked for a later check out or an earlier check in and was told it was not permitted. After checking into the new room, we called room service and was on hold for almost an hour. We then called the front desk and they also couldn't get through. I was surprised at the lack of guest services. We finally check out and discover that there is an additional $100 charge on our account to cover for any incidentals. We didn't have any, however Bally's doesn't release the money back for 3-5 business days. We were never informed of this an were confused about the additional charge. We then spent another hour and a half on the phone being transferred back and forth and being placed on hold. I asked to receive a copy of that charge and was told that wasn't available to the front desk supervisor. Ugh....I learned a lot during my trip to the convention. One lesson: don't stay in Atlantic City you are better off to stay in Absecon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank vony767
Telford, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

We waited an hour in line. WeAnd that i didnt even mind because the rooms always made it worth it. But not this time. We booked a new room with a king size bed but we got an old room with two double beds. I begged if there was any way i could pay to upgrade or anything. Because I wanted the weekend to be perfect for my man. This is my 3rd time this year staying at ballys I came back because it was always nice. Brought my boyfriend for the first time. We were both so dissappointed. I was in tears when I saw the room. We were put on such a dirty floor with trash in the hall ways and young drunk kids everywhere. Stains all over the carpets. Maybe because we are a young couple they thought we wanted to party when we really wanted a romantic getaway. Ipaid a higher price for ballys over other hotels because I wanted this weekend to be perfect for us. Was the worst weekend yet in AC.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Country88Chica88
Holmdel, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2013

I stayed at the old section of this hotel nov 7. 2013. Only one night thank the good Lord.The carpets in the hallways were filthy So many nasty stains they added new designs to the threadbare disgusted carpet. Cigarette butts, used /discarded matches, half eaten Hershey bar added to the nasty looking carpet. I knew this was only gonna get worse. When we opened the door to our Room on 17th floor this is what awaited us:
1. Nasty filthy stained up carpet
2. Hole in wall over first bed
3. Two big frame hooks still in wall over bed with no picture
4. Clock radio had dried brown stains shudder to speculate what that was...
5. Phone was dirty used my knuckles when I made my calls to get room changed, then held phone
Away from my mouth
6. Vent was from cover near window it was caked with thick mounds of dirt/dust
7. Bathroom dingy dirty sink ledge covered with stains
8 Forgot wall had dried stains running down the wall
9. Chairs were filled with stains. Resting new design yuck
They offered to have room cleaned right away!! Now unless the process has changed I do believe room are to be cleaned prior to occupancy.

I was offered $25 towards a meal you could not PAY me to eat there.

So I was switched to room on 12th floor:
1. Same dingy filthy hallway and room carpet
2. Room chairs filled with stains creating a new design yuck
3. Black mold in the shower stall disgusting

So I did not use shower or go barefoot. I slept fully clothed with my head wrapped. I was not gonna risk bringing home any microorganisms as a parting gift.

Front desk employee Melissa could use some customer service training she treated me and my guest like we were lacking in intelligence. However she did authorize a partial credit towards bill.
I should not have had to pay anything for being in that filthy environment.

I will never stay at Ballys again.

Room Tip: Preview the room first.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business