“A night away from home!”

Bally's Atlantic City
Ranked #6 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My family and I recently stayed at Bally's after finding a great nightly special. Arrival and check in was smooth. The room was nice however could use some updating. The only issue we encountered was the plumbing in the bathroom. It was not working its best. My family had to wait several minutes apart of each other to shower which was annoying but other than that it was ok.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 August 2014

This hotel is old, dirty, smelly and attracts the underbelly of the world. Noisy bands play in the courtyard. I had a tub that would not drain the water out. The faucet was sticking out of the wall. All the furniture looked like a dog chewed at it and it was all sticky with God knows what. Spend the extra cash to go to an upper class hotel. Cheap is what you get.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank j c
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

I want to preface this by saying feel free to ignore any reviews that mention "Ruby Room" or "Claridge tower" including my own from last year. Bally's (smartly) sold that building and it now operates as an independent hotel.
I stayed 2 nights in the Bally's tower. The hallways had new carpet and everything was functional. I did get a dated feel from the room, though. An oversize cabinet that was built for a tube TV holds a flat screen, calcium deposits have coated the hardware slots in the bathroom fixtures. The room has held up well, though. Room rates are overpriced; welcome to tourism. The location is prime, center of the boardwalk. You are within walking distance of plenty of entertainment. I would stay here again, but if you are looking to stay in a premiere property that offers a memorable experience in itself this is not the one.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rykberg
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

Old low parking garage.....the whole place looks like the 80s. Exterior is ugly too.....

Maze~like casino. Should be the next casino to go bye bye.

Only good thing is location..........middle of boardwalk.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank billyandbobthedog
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I had a coupon for a comped room. We stayed in 2332 and was a nice room as always. My only issue was with the room availability. I planned on arriving around 4PM. Checked in and they gave me a choice of either the tower room or a garden room. Honestly have never stayed in a Garden room before so I chose the Tower rooms and wish I did not. I wish I did not because my room was not ready untill 9PM which I feel is unacceptable. When I checked out Iasked if the property was understaffed and she politly said 'I cannot say or will be dismmised' however, she wasnodding her head yes. Hopefully with the other casinos closing this wont happen again. Willdefinatly stay again and might stay in the Garden wing.

Room Tip: I usually stay in the tower and always ask for a view of the water.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Thunder70306
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Arrived early on 07/30/2014. LISA from Group Sales is Excellent! We got express check in and room upgrades! She took care of our every need. The rooms were perfect, large, clean, and views were awesome. I even had an oceanview from my bathroom! Room service was fast and food was good. We only booked two nights and group did not want to leave, all said they enjoyed their stay.For a good experience book your group with Bally's!

Room Tip: Room 4123 good views, comfortable bed, separate shower & Jacuzzi tub.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Let me just start by saying that I don't know how this Hotel Casino is still in business, or has not been shut down yet for unsanitary conditions.

I checked in for a comped room on Friday, Aug 23.. and the line was over an hour wait. I hadn't stayed in Ballys in over a year, as I am comped at many different hotels. But I waited the hour, got the room.. and went to the elevators. 4 out of 6 elevators were not even working. Finally, up to the room I go.. and what a DISASTER. Stains ALL over the chairs and rug. Hairs all over the bathroom floor and sink. Blood stain on the sheet. Bed was sinking, pillows were way too thin. Shower had no shampoo. No coffee pot, no safe, what the hell? Although my room is comped.. people pay upwards of $300-$400 for these rooms especially on Saturdays. How hard is it to keep these rooms clean? Casinos rely on repeat business, and I can guarantee you, the non maintenance of these rooms is a monstrous reason of why Ballys is going under. For a Friday night, Ballys was DEAD. 1 out of 6 slot machines were occupied, and half the table games were open, and nowhere near packed.

I have a very healthy ADT, the reason why CZR still comps me rooms, even Fridays.. but I will never return to Ballys. Needless to say I didn't sleep in the room, I just left and went over to Revel for a quick comp stay in a beautiful, CLEAN, ocean view room.

STAY AWAY from Ballys.. if you go to a CZR property.. Harrahs or Caesars is better.. however they are both on the decline as well.. just not as bad as Ballys.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo