“Most comfortable and accommodating of all the casino hotels”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 28 April 2014

In all of the years that I stayed at Caesars, I have never had a problem. The rooms are very big and spacious. The beds are extremely comfortable. The suites are in a class of their own. Lovely and elegant. The roman decor is a nice touch. I have stayed in every type room there, and have never been disappointed. Check in is a breeze and the hotel has quick access to the pier shops, ballys, and the beach. No need to bring your chairs, umbrellas etc. they are all there on the beach, available for all day rental. The restaurant food at Caesars is always out of this world, along with room service being better than all casinos combined. The slot machines here are usually easy to hit. The crowd is 30plus and I appreciate the lack of noisy kids!! I have not stayed here in a while, but when I do return, Caesars is the place to be.

Room Tip: Ask for upgrade to mini suite or splurge on Suite in ocean tower. So worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bennynsue
There are newer reviews for Caesars Atlantic City

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed in the North Tower and found it to be very noisy and tired. The walls, carpet and elevators in common areas are in need of update. We hated the parties in the adjoining rooms-- but that is to be expected in Vegas or Atlantic City. Lobby and casino were okay. It looks like this hotel and the area in general is struggling. A stay in this Caesars is nothing like Vegas.

Also, I hate getting nickel and dimed....$13 per day, per device for wifi; $10 early check-in fee, etc.

Room Tip: Stay away from adjoining rooms if you want any peace.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BengalNut
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here many times. First three times I put in for a wake up call and never received one. Surprising. Missed two meetings and a dinner reservation bc of this hotel ok so the last time I stayed there I didn't have any agenda. The rooms weren't clean when i got there the only reason we stayed was bc of the "continental" restaurant. Absolutely amazing!!!! Great martinis and food all together. Service was incredible. Next time we will stay somewhere else but still go there. Hotel is beautiful in it self but there was construction on the casino slot machines and half of it was closed. Disappointed. :(

2  Thank Doc2313
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My friends and I usually stay at the Tropicana or Harrah's but chose Caesars for a change of pace. What a mistake!!! We were first given a room that was old and worn down. Went to use the bathroom and whoever had the room before us had left a gift in the toilet. Apparently the maids don't clean toilets well. We complained and were given another room. Just as bad! Smells musty and overall just small and gross. I finally decided to pay for an upgrade. Thank god it was worth it. Then we decided to order some late night room service. When I checked my credit card statement I noticed the bill for room service was high. My friend added an additional $5 tip even though the tip was already included. However whomever processed the bill added a $50 tip! We also had terrible service at the Total Rewards desk. The girl who "helped" us was extremely rude and wanted nothing to do with us. We decided to barely play there and walked down to the Tropicana instead, where all of the employees are friendly and seem to appreciate your business. Staying at Caesars was the worst decision we made. Never again!!

1  Thank Moo4youtoo
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We received some comp nights, but was weary to book it because of so many horrible reviews. After having a great time, I think you have to take some tips from the reviews, but take others as just an opinion from someone who's expectations are different then yours. We just came back, so maybe being there in the off season helped. We did pick up from Trip adviser reviews, to ask for the centenarian tower! They were right. That's what we got and it was beautiful with a incredible Ocean view! There was no line. The registration person was excellent and nice. The hotel is big and offers so much. A plus is that it is attached to Balley's and the shops across the boardwalk! The spa was great and the staff was helpful and friendly. Sorry if I disappointed all the bad reviewers, but I would go back in a heartbeat! Plus the TV int he mirror of the bathroom is Star Trek like!

Room Tip: The centenarian tower is the way to go! We were lucky to get a great Ocean view!!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lovevacations64
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Extremely disappointed. If you are place in either of the temple towers turn around and stay somewhere else. The rooms are small and outdated. The carpets are disgusting and old. The hallways in the temple tower literally looked as if you were in the movie the shining. I was almost scared to come out of my room as I thought I might see two twin girls saying red rum. After two room changes in the temple tower due to cleanliness issue I finally met Thomas an awesome and helpful person at the front desk. He understood my frustration and upgraded me to the centurion tower which was much better. The room was nice, tv in the bathroom mirror was cool. Honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever stay here again. I usually stay at either harrahs or the Tropicana which are both 50 times better. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time or money.

1  Thank moo4you
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We are a little eccentric and not fans of the Mickey the Pimp in Florida so we go off the typical family fair trail for spring break. So we joined with grandma, packed up the 17 and 5 year old, cashed in on comped rooms via TotalRewards (the best system!), loaded up the SUV and headed up to Caesar's AC for 3 nights.

We were immediately dissappointed when were told we couldn't have adjourning rooms despite them being guaranteed in the Centurian Tower. We struggled to get on the same floor the first night but eventually got side by side. I attribute this more to a disconnect between the front desk and reservations than service issues.

Like most casino hotels that aren't "luxury" properties, the place has been rode hard and hung up wet! Nicked up furntiure, worn chairs, but still well-designed with comfortable beds. The TVs are hi-def flat panels with soundbars and subwoofer. My 17 yo was able to hook up his PS3 and was in heaven (and more than willing to babysit so the adults could get in some late night gaming.)

Gaming: Grandma hit BIG the first two nights on slots. There were plenty of $5 and $10 tables for wife and me, and lots of new, fun slots for her.Video Poker machines were tight (40 credit Full House vs. 45) but did I mention grandma hitting BIG!! My biggest pet peeve was that there is no longer a poker room in the hotel. It has been moved to Wild West which is accessible indoors but further than I wanted to be from my folks so no poker room action for me.

Shopping/Dining: still plenty of places to eat in hotel and Pier Shops. I added a new Morton's to my list and despite them overcooking all three Cajun Ribeyes, they replaced them and the meal was great. For family, Rainforest Cafe is just out the door and the IMAX at the Trop is about a 2 block walk along the Boardwalk. Lots of shops have closed/moved from the Pier Shops so it's not as busy but the Adirondack chairs and sand are still a favorite of the 5 year old.

I would definitely return to "Big Caesar's" (as my 5 year old calls it to distinguish from Little Caesar's Pizza), but will probably try Harrah's next time for a change of pace and a poker room. I am a TotalRewards member and it's hard for them to do much wrong in my book.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family