“Very bad experience- we will not be returning to Caesars...” 2 of 5 bubbles

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Windsor, Canada
“Very bad experience- we will not be returning to Caesars...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

OUR HOTEL:
We booked with Caesars with high hopes that it would be a good place to stay; however, this wasn't the case. The hotel itself was pretty run down and not very clean and organized. Even older hotel/casinos that we visited, like Show boats, was much more put together and cleaner than Caesars was. If you want anything extra, anything AT ALL, at Caesars during your stay, its going to cost you an arm and a leg. The only place to really get a decent breakfast/lunch is Tazza and its very expensive, even charges for extra condiments/utensils. The hotel room was not very clean, dusty,mouldy, never gave us enough towels or coffee (which if you wanted more it was an extra charge) also our whole floor (floor 5) smelled like rotten meats the during our week stay there.. If you want to use their pool for the day... its going to cost you extra every day! Buffet prices are outrageous, $40 per person. Also BEWARE of the hidden room fees at the end of your stay when you check out.. they charge you an extra 55$ once you leave. We were never told about these hidden fees and thought this should have already been included in our payments. Caesars really needs more waitresses in the casino area because during our whole stay we only got asked once if we wanted a drink, and we were always gambling.

THE BOARDWALK/CITY:
The boardwalk is not what we expected. Very overrun with weird/creepy people. We actually witnessed a group of males standing in the centre of the board walk with their hands down their pants staring at girls as they walked by. The walk has enough cheap $3 t shirt stores, exotic massage parlours, physic booths and deep fried shacks to choke a horse to death with. Lots of walking, so bring running shoes! The beach looked nice, we didn't get to enjoy it because the weather wasn't the best. And watch out for the seagulls! We witnessed them acting numerous people for their food, very crazy. Trumps taj mah hall and show boats are fun casinos to visit on the way through there. Be VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE GOING INTO THE CITY. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. We almost got mugged by a group of people and we were not even far from out casino at all. Maybe 10 mins away at most. Very scary experience, and this was not at night, it was still light out.. The Tanger outlets was a fun experience and we definitely all had a good time there. Lots of good shops, with cheap clothes and the best part, NO TAXES!!!!!

THE GOOD PARTS:
We ate at a few great places while we were there. The Continental, at Caesars, was very very good I would definitely recommended it. The prices were good and the food was awesome. GO TO WHITE HOUSE SUBS!!!!!!!! This place is amazing!!! We ate their twice during our stay. $7 subs that are huge and delicious, try the famous italian! and they've had tons of famous people go there like the beatles, tina turner, mr. T, jimmy fallon to name just a few! We also enjoyed the gelato at Tazzo in Casears, a bit pricey, but the lemon kind is the best. Like I said the shopping was amazing, great stores and prices. The beach looked clean and nice, if the weather is good. Drinks at the casinos were usually very strong and good but very hard to get service. Its unforunate Atlantic City is in such a good area with dangerous parts, it could be a really nice city if it wasn't filled with crime and creeps. Anyways, we would never go back to Caesars Atlantic City, they really made a bad name for themselves in our books. All hail Caesars!!! NOTTT!!!!!!!!!

=)

Room Tip: The ocean tower has nicer rooms and smells better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank PurpleStar24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,256)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Staten Island, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at hotel 2 nights in May. We stayed in the Centurion Tower ocean view. The room had a smell, but we thought it was from the air conditioner. Overall the room was clean. The day we were checking out, we noticed a large growing mold in the shower stall. We wanted to complain at the desk, however the line was very long & one of us has disabilities.so we couldn't wait.

Room Tip: Check out the room thoroughly before you unpack
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lori S
Flushing, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at Caesar this past weekend, the front desk staff are not very accomodating nor professional. upon arrival Friday at midnight, I was told my non-smoking room was not available and If I wanted a non smoking room I would have to pay an upgraded fee of $100 which supposedly was half off the original price. I refused to pay the fee, and she even offered to refund my money so I can leave to go to another hotel .
After 30 minutes of haggling, she saw I was not giving in to pay extra money and she supposedly all of a sudden found a non smoking room in my category stating housekeeping just finished cleaning it and was now available.

Upon checkout the manager asked how was my stay. I explained what happend, he was dissatisfied with his staff and says this is not how we do business here and he apologized profundly and remedied the situation on the spot.

My first thought was that I would not return again, but after speaking with Carmen the manager, I will give it another shot.

Aside from that . I love the buffet, we went for brunch endless varieties of choices. Definately something for everyone. The food is fresh, and flavorful.

Visited the rooftop pool . Paid $10 per person. We ended up going to the rooftop lounge area above the pool which had cushioned sofas, and was so peaceful, quite, tranquil. We actually fell asleep for a good hour while sunbathing. That was the best part of my trip.

Room Tip: book a room in the centurion tower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank pat r
Wakefield, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

I absolutely LOVE Caesars.

It is a beautiful hotel. Spacious. Depending on your room, the rooms are spacious. Bathrooms are beautiful unless you end up in a handicap room.

On my previous stays I've always had an awesome room. However, during the last visit on April 16th, there was a shortage of rooms, shortage of staff and too many people. Thus, when I arrived, my room was not ready for two hours (Caesars was very apologetic and very accommodating with this debacle). After a million apologies and complimentary lunch, our room was finally ready. Arrived to the room and found out it was not the type of room I had reserved. Because they were overly booked for the day, they said that I could stay in that room for the night and switch the next day. After waiting for two hours to get into that one, we were not inclined to go through moving our stuff next day.

No worries. Fast forward....

After taking my family on a tour (because I am a regular and they were not), returned to the room to take a shower, pulled the curtain back and a girdle fell on top of me. A girdle!! I was and am devastated. Called the manager and again was afforded a free meal and they were very accommodating. However, it is a little hard to get over someone's undergarments falling on your head. Aside from that because the room is handicapped, the shower does not have a door and the water will end up all the way over by the toilet thus exiting the bathroom so we had to put towels down on the floor to catch the shower water.

Again, I absolutely LOVE Caesars but just had a bad experience the last time.

So you know how the question is ... Would you recommend to a friend? ... Yes... unless they are handicap, I would just suggest that they do not accept a handicap room.

In terms of area, I've eaten at Mortons Steakhouse. Not as good as the City but good. Philips Seafood Restaurant, overpriced for the quality of the meal and Johnnie Rockets (always a favorite). Went to Rainforest but their wait time was ridiculous. Oh and Aunt Annies Pretzel. They will make you a fresh pretzel if you do not mind waiting. :-)

Room Tip: **Room is Average for this particular stay because of all that I endured. I won't do "poor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Natesha
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I had a comp available for second time ever for Caesars, and couldn't pass up the offer. Me and my girlfriend were put into a perineum room and it was by far the nicest room we've ever been in Ac. The bed was a huge king size literally made for Caesar himself lol. The hotel is incredible with restaurants and shops and it's own mall connected right onto the boardwalk. There's always something to do in ac and always a great time. I don't like to gamble to much a Caesars compared to other casinos in ac, but it really is a great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank DannyG07
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This was one of 2 hotels suggested in wedding invitation. We stayed 2 weeks before Memorial Day - the weather was perfect and the town was getting ready for their summer crowd so it was busy enough to enjoy the culture, but not swamped. BEST PART: The beds - very comfy. LOCATION: The hotel is on the boardwalk and of close to the shops and the wedding venue (which is amazing!) However, it didn't 'feel' clean... there was a paper coffee cup sitting on the windowsill in our room! We were in such a rush to get to dinner that we just ignored it. But hindsight - OMG, really?! FOOD: We were treated to breakfast in the hotel restaurant reserved for "special" people who must gamble a lot. Great coffee and a lovely array of foods. WHY AVERAGE: The reason I am rating average is that it's a Caesars Hotel and I would have expected more in certain areas. Front Desk: VERY polite, but we waited with at least 7 other guests at midnight on a Friday evening for information (the others were checking in!) There was only one person at the front desk and he/she was dealing with a difficult situation (involving a customer whose reservation was a mess from a Caesar's online booking, so in all fairness, she deserved the respect and time), but a hotel like this should train people to resolve things more efficiently so other customers can be attended to or pull for help from another area to help clear the front desk. Safety: At some point we took the stairs a few flights and I may as well been in an alley! It was smelly (causing gagging) and dirty - think public beach bathroom... but that means I am not safe taking the stairs which are unlocked between floors. Really Caesars?? Don't turn a blind eye to your customers; I am a paying customer who deserves a clean and safe environment - if you are helping out the less fortunate, it wouldn't cost much to have a cleaning service scan the staircases and hose down/clean up everyday. AMENITIES: Maybe because I did not intend to spend 23 hours in the casino and rather looking forward to my weekend away, I was paying attention to the amenities (I didn't pack much since I was heading to a Caesars). No conditioner, no body lotion. Also, I was really surprised that for the cost of my room and the reason I was there (I was linked to the wedding taking place there) I had to argue for a robe. I would go back but, plan better in advance.

Room Tip: The Ocean Tower... doesn't face the ocean?! If you have a window, be prepared to keep the curta...
Green Features: I liked the message on the bottles of shampoo that all unused bottles are donated. That is very out-of-the box thinking. We were at the beach so our towels could not be recycled for showers.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank AwesomeIma
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Was actually pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews
We stayed in 2809 and 2807 in the centurion tower
The room was amazing
Walk in shower with separate toilet
Quiet
Had a lovely room service meal of salmon, veg and lots of condiments for 71 dollars for a family of 4
drinks weren't too expensive and right outside the boardwalk
Liked the hotel
Wasn't too keen on atlantic city!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family