“Caesar's Atlantic City”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Manalapan, New Jersey
“Caesar's Atlantic City”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Service was fine at this resort, the room was a decent size although queen size beds would have been better. My only problem was that on one bed the sheet had a nasty stain under the pillows so no one really saw this until about one in the morning. needless to say we removed those sheets but were totally grossed out by what we saw.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Vincent M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,751)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Most of the staff at Caesars are the nicest people you will ever meet. As far as management, there is a lot lacking. They did not get $ 20 BILLION DOLLARS in debt from good decisions.

A lot of the rooms need help. Shower doors are ill fitting, and THEY KNOW IT. Our maid said she had the same problems in the majority of her rooms, for months !!

There is no communication between the different departments. You won’t believe this: LAS VEGAS MAKES UP MOST OF THE EMPLOYEE SCHEDULES !!!!! That’s a bonehead idea if there ever was one.

It gets better. A REMOTE PHONE CENTER ANSWERS ALL ROOM PHONES !!!! A real personal touch.

The restaurants are marginal. It seems like the managers either don’t care or don’t know how to manage. In either case, the hotel guest is the looser.

Room service for breakfast is much better. It may be due to a tip being included in the check. In the past ( 7 months ago) , there were some guests that did not tip the waiter. Good work by the union.

The safe broke while we were there for a weekend.

Rumor has it that Caesars want to close the Showboat and buy the Revel. Great idea: Get rid of one looser for a bigger looser.

The rank and file are exceptional. The hotel managers upstairs and in Vegas need to go. With that massive debt, this may be solved for us.

Room Tip: Bribe the desk clerk. Stay in your car. PRAY !!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LouG3212
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Not sure where the last couple "reviewers" on trip advisor stayed......but definetly not our experience ( and there were 6 of us. 3 couples). Our room 3835 Centurian Tower, was FANTASTIC!!!!!! Complete with a lavish bathroom, tv built in mirror, and a shower stall built for a party of 4!!!!!! My in laws also stayed in the Centurian Tower. Room 3925. My mother in law who is super OCD about CLEAN was SUPER impressed!!!!! We all had ocean views, and experienced ZERO "mold" issues, as expressed in one of the last reviews on here. Also....the boardwalk......didn't experience ANY creepy, weird people.....also written in a review on here. If these people think creepy and weird is the boardwalk, they should stay AWAY from Vegas!!!!!! There are creepy and weird people there!!!! LOTS!!!!!! The boardwalk and beach are SPOTLESS.....cleaners out all day, everyday. Working hard to ensure tourists can enjoy their stay. And police presence....all day and all night!!!!! Even when you can't see them, they're there!!!!!!! All 6 of us being Canadian, that made us all feel so safe. The casino at Caesars is beautifull. We all play slots, and Caesars has all the usual suspects. The only reason I took away a star on my review......good luck getting a drink in the slots......NOT HAPPENING. We played much more at Ballys. U can order your drink right from the slot machine, and 3-4 minutes later, a server brings it. This system at Caesars is non existent. All in all, it was a wonderful trip. Thank you Caesars and Atlantic City :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank G9874AAthomasc
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

I love staying at Caesars AC. My only gripe was that when I made my reservation, I was told I would have an ocean view in the Centurion Towers and I had a view facing the roof. It was a comped stay so that wasn't such a bid deal. Love, love, love the king sized bed!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Kruel2bkind
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 7 June 2014

OUR HOTEL:
We booked with Caesars with high hopes that it would be a good place to stay; however, this wasn't the case. The hotel itself was pretty run down and not very clean and organized. Even older hotel/casinos that we visited, like Show boats, was much more put together and cleaner than Caesars was. If you want anything extra, anything AT ALL, at Caesars during your stay, its going to cost you an arm and a leg. The only place to really get a decent breakfast/lunch is Tazza and its very expensive, even charges for extra condiments/utensils. The hotel room was not very clean, dusty,mouldy, never gave us enough towels or coffee (which if you wanted more it was an extra charge) also our whole floor (floor 5) smelled like rotten meats the during our week stay there.. If you want to use their pool for the day... its going to cost you extra every day! Buffet prices are outrageous, $40 per person. Also BEWARE of the hidden room fees at the end of your stay when you check out.. they charge you an extra 55$ once you leave. We were never told about these hidden fees and thought this should have already been included in our payments. Caesars really needs more waitresses in the casino area because during our whole stay we only got asked once if we wanted a drink, and we were always gambling.

THE BOARDWALK/CITY:
The boardwalk is not what we expected. Very overrun with weird/creepy people. We actually witnessed a group of males standing in the centre of the board walk with their hands down their pants staring at girls as they walked by. The walk has enough cheap $3 t shirt stores, exotic massage parlours, physic booths and deep fried shacks to choke a horse to death with. Lots of walking, so bring running shoes! The beach looked nice, we didn't get to enjoy it because the weather wasn't the best. And watch out for the seagulls! We witnessed them acting numerous people for their food, very crazy. Trumps taj mah hall and show boats are fun casinos to visit on the way through there. Be VERY CAREFUL IF YOU ARE GOING INTO THE CITY. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. We almost got mugged by a group of people and we were not even far from out casino at all. Maybe 10 mins away at most. Very scary experience, and this was not at night, it was still light out.. The Tanger outlets was a fun experience and we definitely all had a good time there. Lots of good shops, with cheap clothes and the best part, NO TAXES!!!!!

THE GOOD PARTS:
We ate at a few great places while we were there. The Continental, at Caesars, was very very good I would definitely recommended it. The prices were good and the food was awesome. GO TO WHITE HOUSE SUBS!!!!!!!! This place is amazing!!! We ate their twice during our stay. $7 subs that are huge and delicious, try the famous italian! and they've had tons of famous people go there like the beatles, tina turner, mr. T, jimmy fallon to name just a few! We also enjoyed the gelato at Tazzo in Casears, a bit pricey, but the lemon kind is the best. Like I said the shopping was amazing, great stores and prices. The beach looked clean and nice, if the weather is good. Drinks at the casinos were usually very strong and good but very hard to get service. Its unforunate Atlantic City is in such a good area with dangerous parts, it could be a really nice city if it wasn't filled with crime and creeps. Anyways, we would never go back to Caesars Atlantic City, they really made a bad name for themselves in our books. All hail Caesars!!! NOTTT!!!!!!!!!

=)

Room Tip: The ocean tower has nicer rooms and smells better.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank PurpleStar24
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed at hotel 2 nights in May. We stayed in the Centurion Tower ocean view. The room had a smell, but we thought it was from the air conditioner. Overall the room was clean. The day we were checking out, we noticed a large growing mold in the shower stall. We wanted to complain at the desk, however the line was very long & one of us has disabilities.so we couldn't wait.

Room Tip: Check out the room thoroughly before you unpack
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lori S
Flushing, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at Caesar this past weekend, the front desk staff are not very accomodating nor professional. upon arrival Friday at midnight, I was told my non-smoking room was not available and If I wanted a non smoking room I would have to pay an upgraded fee of $100 which supposedly was half off the original price. I refused to pay the fee, and she even offered to refund my money so I can leave to go to another hotel .
After 30 minutes of haggling, she saw I was not giving in to pay extra money and she supposedly all of a sudden found a non smoking room in my category stating housekeeping just finished cleaning it and was now available.

Upon checkout the manager asked how was my stay. I explained what happend, he was dissatisfied with his staff and says this is not how we do business here and he apologized profundly and remedied the situation on the spot.

My first thought was that I would not return again, but after speaking with Carmen the manager, I will give it another shot.

Aside from that . I love the buffet, we went for brunch endless varieties of choices. Definately something for everyone. The food is fresh, and flavorful.

Visited the rooftop pool . Paid $10 per person. We ended up going to the rooftop lounge area above the pool which had cushioned sofas, and was so peaceful, quite, tranquil. We actually fell asleep for a good hour while sunbathing. That was the best part of my trip.

Room Tip: book a room in the centurion tower
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple