“Issues, but Responsive Management”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I bought the Summer Fun package for my daughter to have a nice experience after working hard in school all year. It turned out to be a bit chaotic experience, but every issue was addressed in some way, which indicates a commitment to customer service.

First, at check-in, in a gorgeous lobby, we were told by a very nice girl they had no more 2 queen bed rooms available, but we were being given a king suite that did not prohibit smoking. Even though I told her a smoking room was unacceptable, we were sent to check it out. After riding up and down the elevator a few times, we finally learned that only our key would get us to our floor. The entire floor smelled like an ashtray. We called and said it would not work. After a manager was consulted, there was suddenly a 2 queen beds room available in the Centurion Tower. I guess they don't usually allow package deals to stay there. We had to get in line again. The guy who checked us in was super nice and apologetic. The room was fabulous - molding on the ceiling and doors, crown molding, base boards, stone and carpeted floors, extra nice furniture, great bathroom. Our view was the city with the distant marsh and wind turbines. The only issue with the room was that it had an adjoining door to another room, and there was a small gap at the bottom that allowed every word spoken by the next room (when we were silent) to be heard by us. We ignored it as long as we could, but called the front desk at midnight and again when awoken at 3. Both times, security came immediately and it stopped. We felt horrible, as they were only telling stories and laughing (loudly), as they should be able to do, but there was no sound proofing with that door. We even put a long roll pillow there before calling, but it didn't help.

Part of our package was for use of the spa salt pools and sauna. My daughter has always wanted to go to a spa, so she was super excited, but the front desk informed us it closed at 7. Since we had been on a room chase for 45 minutes, we missed that opportunity, but decided to delay our departure the next day.

Then we headed to dinner. The package included a prix fixe menu at a choice of two restaurants. One of those, in the main lobby, was closed. Very strange. We went to Nero's. Gorgeous view of the ocean. However, we were told that the prix fixe menu was only from 5-7. I looked back at my confirmation e-mail and back at the website of the package details, and this was not disclosed. I was very upset, as my daughter was so excited for this nice meal that was otherwise out of our budget. I tried to call management from the table and was told the front desk could not forward my call, but they gave me a number to call. About the same time, the wonderful waitress, Donna, brought me a prix fixe menu and said her manager, Betty, told her to let me have it anyway. After we ordered, Betty came and sat down and let me vent about all that had gone wrong, which was very much appreciated. Her comment was, "We are going to turn this night around for you." And they did. The meal was superb. The service was wonderful. My daughter mentioned several times how much she enjoyed it.

The next morning, we walked out to Caesar's Pier for Starbucks breakfast. The pier is an awesome enclosed four level structure over the ocean. At the end there is an outdoor multi-level deck. Inside along the restaurant level, there are little beachy areas, complete with sand and Adirondack chairs. Starbucks had no free wireless. BUMMER! Caesars was $12.95 per device. The stores in the retail level are pricey.

Afterwards we went to the much anticipated spa. We were greeted with, "Hi, are you 7 star or diamond members?" Once we said no, we were talked to differently. We explained we had a package to use the salt baths and sauna and learned for the first time that their spa was for 21 and up. Again, this was not in the package details. My daughter was heartbroken.

When checking out, I asked to speak to a manager. Unfortunately, I forgot to get her name, but she listened with great care and her face showed her genuine disappointment that my daughter had this experience. She apologized, comped us for the spa mishap, and promised to communicate this to the person who puts the packages together. I very much appreciated her responsiveness.

All in all, this is a gorgeous hotel with wonderful amenities, but somewhere above middle management, communication is broken.

Parking fee was $5.

Room Tip: Centurion Tower was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (11,685)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

very disapointed. room not the same as in photo.old mildew smelling furniture. bathroom too small. no window. coulndt wait to leave. almost checked out a day early. pool not very nice.never again. will go back to golden nugget or revel. yuuuck!!

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Terry M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Upon checking in and heading to our tower, it was obvious that the tower was older from the elevator and hallway. However, our room was clean and we had no complaints (it was a double bed non-smoking room.) We got a great rate ($62/night) so we didn't expect to be looking at the ocean. The room was clean and we were able to easily change the temperature as we felt necessary. The room had a fridge that was turned off (loved the "green" aspect) and we turned it on and used it throughout our stay. The bed was so comfortable that we actually slept about 12 hours each day - which was what we needed, because that would NEVER happen at home. I do need to mention that I use a scooter for transportation and the elevators were kind of hidden, but as soon as you figured out where they were, they offered easy access to any level you wanted to reach.
EVERY SINGLE PERSON we asked for help was pleasant and eager to help. We have stayed at other hotels on the boardwalk before, but we were so pleased with our stay here that we will stay here in the future.
I am sorry to hear that other people were disappointed by their visit, but we have been going to Atlantic City for 10 years and staying at other properties on the boardwalk and have never been as pleased as we were at Caesars. We have visited Revel (supposedly one of the "upscale" resorts in AC) and were not treated kindly as we were at Caesars. We made some friends while we were here and they were also very pleased staying at Caesars.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lovinatlanticcity
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed here one night for a business conference, which was also held in the hotel. The room in the Centurion Tower was very nice, comparable to any mid or upscale hotel. The meeting facilities were also excellent, and the breakfast, lunch and dinner spreads were very good. There were only 2 negatives: one was the smoke in the casino, which you had to walk through to get to the elevators. The other was at the train station (I took the train to AC). They have all these shuttle busses to take rail riders to the hotels, but none of the signs say Caesars. I wound up walking to the hotel, which is luckily only a few blocks away. The secret is that you have to take a bus to Wild West City Casino, which is across the street from Caesars. Not sure why the signs don't explain that or why Caesars doesn't want their name there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel for business this week. I was warned that some of the rooms aren't very up to date, but I stayed in a very nice room in the Centurion Tower. It didn't have a view, but I'll trade a view for a clean, modern room any day. The bathroom was great, lovely amenities as well. Others have posted about service problems, but I had a generally good experience. Easy check in for me, although I did see long lines at other times. My wake up calls came when scheduled and most staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: If you do get the Centurion Tower, ask for a view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Paying $$$$ and got a run down terribly smokey "nonsmoking room" that overlooks the escalator inside the outdated disgusting lobby. When asked if I could please move to an actual room that doesn't smell so terribly it's making my eyes water (and no window to open for fresh air) I am told that there is no other room available and I paid for a "deluxe" room. If this is deluxe I'd hate to see what else they have. Was told I could change rooms tomorrow, if it wasn't 2am I'd check out and stay anywhere else. So disappointing. Don't waste your time and get stuck like I did.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jduany
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

Caesars in atlantic city has gone to utter garbage. I have been playing there for 5 years. The rooms are nice but on the casino floor when you ask for henessy they give you the cheap e&j, their drinks are utter gasoline. They try to save money on you and really the cheap liquor messes you up. For a classy place like this and a diamond holder like myself don't waste your time, go to borgata or revel where they treat you right.

• Stayed: June 2014