“No maid service?”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bronx, New York
“No maid service?”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

After paying for early check in fee. We were told we can not check in until 8:30am. We has no problem, around that time we come back and someone else told us oh no that is impossible, we won't check you in until 11am. By this time I would have been up for about 25hrs. I was not having it. The reason given was that they have no housekeeping in the morning and that they only clean rooms after 10am. How is that possible? so you're telling me that it is open 24/7 and there is no maid services? None the less they gave us a smoking room which smelled so horrible, but the size wasn't bad. I sprayed my perfume around the room and called it a day. I wouldn't give this hotel a 5 star rating just because of how things were handled. B8t over all an okay place to stay.

Room Tip: pick the ocean view towers
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,476)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had a great time, hotel is clean. Lots of resturants. Walk out to the boardwalk and beach. And if you want to gamble a little, the casino is right there, Great shopping outlets nearby, steel pier also a great place to go

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

When checking in I asked if they had any free upgrades..they put is in the ocean tower room 7803. We had problems in the elevator because they did not tell us we had to put our room key in.. Room smeeled of cigarette smoke...NO view..sliver of ocean but dirty windows shoed top of other buildings..depressing. Furniture was dated. Tried to call for towels since there were three of us..nobody answered so went all the way to lobby and had to wait in line for guests checking in! Finally talked to manager and said we were disappointed in the room and all he said was ,"I am sorry"!!!! The nice thing was that since the weather was not the best, we were able to pay $10 a person and use the indoor pool at Bally's but be aware they close it between 1 and 2,pm for cleaning and many people were slipping getting into the pool so use the handrail!!!! Terrible experience overall!!!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank barb z
willow grove
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived Sunday approximately 1245, diamond line for check in no issues. Was told my room wasn't ready, was given no time frame when I could expect a room and was told they would text me when it became available. Fast forward to 245, no text ask front desk if my room is available they inform me it wasn't. Front desk associate Thomas could see my level of displeasure and found something for me. Drink service was hit or miss, either you got a drink within a minute of ordering or you didn't see it for almost 25-30 minutes. Entirely unacceptable. And when are you going to get more video poker games at Toga Bar, can't ever get a seat there. Even if nobody is playing on it, always occupied. AC won't be getting my business for a long time after this trip.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank James K
New York
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Our friends were staying at Caesar's and invited us to meet them at the pool. What a disgrace. The mesh pool lounges were ripped. I do not know how some people were able to sit on their loungers. However, I will say the bartenders and pool staff were great. I had thought of staying at Caesar's but decided the rates were to high. Glad I opted not to stay there, especially since I have just read other people's reviews of the rooms. .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NewYorkLucille
Totowa, New Jersey
Reviewed 26 July 2014

It was ok, that is all I can say. Small room, easy check in, could have been a little cleaner. I would say average at best. People rave about this place, but I thought my room at Showboat was better. The housekeeping at Caesars left their carts out all night and the hallway in the North Temple Tower is very narrow.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shyfunnygal
Easton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Average at best. Rooms are dated. Nice walk in showers, but they look old and dingy. Very dissappointed by roof top pool. Really needs re-tiling. I'm sure it was clean enough but looks old and discolored ... didn't dunk my head in, just in case. Also, lack of chairs, and garbage laying by pool. Waitress and maintenance guy kept on walking by it. Come on staffers .... give a little effort!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends