“Suites are A+”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 27 August 2014

For Atlantic City, Caesars is one of the better options. Rooms are nice. We were here for an event and staff was accommodating and event space was quite nice. Location on the boardwalk is great. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Caesars Atlantic City

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights and can't remember anything disappointing. The location is great right on the Boardwalk. Rooms were clean and spacious. Staff was friendly and helpful. Love the 24 hour dessert shop set up in the lobby great for late night cravings and awesome gelato! Found the best rates on their actual website. Only downside is the pool closes at like 7pm. All in all it was a great hotel and will stay here again next time I'm in AC!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank BLUES-DEVILS-FAN1
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This is that type of hotel that has expensive rates for rooms (that are old) already and will charge you for everything else that they can (wi-fi access, pool…). The service was nice, we checked in right after 1pm and they had a room available for us. The room was clean, although elevators and hallway smelled like smoke. Overall nice but not a good value, stay there if you have some extra money to spend.

Room Tip: do not choose the cheapest room, upgrade
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

This hotel was in a good location to access the boardwalk. It was clean and comfortable and we were surprised at the price when we booked it. But then the internet was not free (even though the TA website says it is), neither was the valet parking. And they charge you up-front when you book. All this added up to a stay that was not unreasonable but I would much rather know about the costs up-front. The buffet line-up for Monday evening dinner was crazy (we went elsewhere), but we were able to go Tuesday morning without a wait. The cost for brunch was a lot more than some much better buffets in Las Vegas, however. We enjoyed our stay but we probably won't go back.

2  Thank Wendy M
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights in mid August. I booked on the website and was given a choice of 2 rooms - Deluxe (which indicated had a king bed) or Deluxe with 2 Double Beds. I selected the Deluxe. Upon arrival, we were told no king beds were available and they tried to tell me I only gave a preference on the website. I argued no I didn't (I wouldn't have booked if we weren't guaranteed a king), but they said they could move us the following day to a room with a king bed. I agreed because what choice did we really have, but was not happy I would have to repack the room and move when we are only staying for 2 days. Before leaving the lobby, I checked the website on my phone and saw that they do offer 2 categories to select. I went back to the desk and asked again, and once again was told its a preference only. I told them their website is extremely misleading then. The manager came out and situation was explained. He immediately comped us the first night - this leads me to believe this isn't first time this has happened. That was more than I expected so I was happy with that resolution. We were told we could come back after 12 next day and they would get us moved to the new room.

The room itself was ok, not huge, but I didn't care since we wouldn't be there much. When we got ready for bed, we did find out the sink was clogged so it took forever for water to drain out. The bathroom has nice details but was very small. It was tough for 2 people to get ready at same time. There was also no exhaust fan, so even with the bathroom door left open the mirror got too foggy for someone else to get ready while the other showers. The shower was a decent size though given the size of the bathroom and had good water pressure. Bring your own toiletries though - their "spa brand" left much to be desired. Even my husband commented he had to wash his hair twice because it felt like the shampoo didn't do anything.

The next morning I got up and made coffee using what was provided in the room. I don't expect in room coffee to be gourmet, but this was awful. It had absolutely no flavor. I then took the ironing board out of the closet and it was broken. One of the legs was bent and disconnected from the board itself. Luckily our clothes didn't get too wrinkled in the suitcase...
Knowing we were switching rooms, I then packed everything up before we went to breakfast so we could easily switch later. After a great brunch at The Continental and some shopping at The Pier, we came back around 1:00 and they said they had a room but it wasn't cleaned yet. I asked if it was ok if we came back around 5:30 before dinner and switched then and was told that was fine. We came back and were told our existing key would work once to get our stuff out of the room and then only the new key would work for the new room. So we (smartly) went to new room first. It was very hot in the room. We checked AC and it was set to 66. It was definately not 66 in the room. My husband turned up the fan and more air came out, but it wasn't cool. So they moved us to a room with AC that didn't work. Apparently this was only room with a king bed so we ended up staying in the room we origionally had. I once again had to unpack our stuff so a lot of time was wasted.

That night we went to dinner at Nero's, which was wonderful (I'll post a separate review). It was so good we went back the next morning for breakfast. Good food and a great view of the boardwalk and ocean. Meals were the only thing we enjoyed at the hotel. We aren't big gamblers so we didn't pay much attention to the casino, but did notice it wasn't very busy considering it was a weekend.

Before leaving we checked out the pool, mainly out of curiousity. It was on the roof of the 4th floor, but was very hard to find as we didn't see any signs for it (you needed to go to the spa to get to it). We got there to find out if you want to use the pool, its $10 per person! I have never been to a hotel that charged you separately to go in the pool (I know its usually included in "resort fees", but I've never been charged when walking in!). I'm glad we had no interest in going in, because it was the smallest pool I've ever seen. Most backyard pools are bigger. The hot tub also was not working. The real strange thing was the pool was facing the ocean, but was surrounded by cememt walls - so there was NO view. I don't understand why they didn't put glass up instead. There is a sundeck if you go up a flight of stairs that has a nice ocean view, but who wants to have to go up and down stairs everytime they want to go in the pool? There was a pool bar up there.

Overall we were not impressed, especially at the $300/night cost for a summer weekend. We'll come back to eat (besides The Continental, there were a few other restaurants that looked at The Pier, in addition to Nero's inside the hotel), but we will stay somewhere else next time.

3  Thank SDMarabello
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I recently signed up for a Total Rewards card in June 2014, and only a month later, received an offer for a FREE two night stay! I decided to stay one night in august 2014 at Ceasars. I have been to Atlantic City a total of 4 times now, and the first three were at the Flagship, as I love their Balcony rooms.

The "FREE" room was the basic king, and upon checking in, I was offered a Ocean Tower King Suite for a hundred dollar upgrade. Even though it was already late and I was only staying the night, I decided why not splurge, and accepted the upcharge.

I was skeptical that it was a "smoking" room which I have never stayed in one before, but when we entered the room (through double doors!) and entered past the marble fancy entry area, we couldn't even smell a hint of cigarette smoke. That was great as I hate that smell, and I was very surprised at how great the room smelled, and how overall clean it was. The couch in the living room did appear to have bodily fluid like stains on the cushion, but otherwise, the room appeared clean and modern. The room had two flat screen tv's small kitchen counter area with fridge BUT NO MICROWAVE!?!?! Our room, I believe 8610 was the 15th floor (the room number patters are very strange here) and it was right by the elevator, making casino access very easy. The walk from the parking lot to room (or lobby) was long though.

Having never stayed at a Casino before for the night, I enjoyed the easy access and the free fairly strong drinks that you can order while you gamble. The property was nice, clean, and the Ocean Tower looked brand new!

The best part was the bathroom. It was absolutely HUGE with a walk in shower with tiled seating area, 2 person hot tub, two vanities, and a separate room with toilet. While in the ... toilet room... you can hear people waiting for the elevator but otherwise I didn't hear a peep from others.

I would totally stay here again! The long walk to/ from parking garage was worth it for easy access to Casino without driving any where (compared to when I stay at Flagship). While there are no balconies, we still had a nice view. Wish we could have stayed in this great room longer! I am glad I was upcharged for the nicer room as it was an enjoyable stay. The A/C worked well too and the bed was very comfortable!

I tried to stay one more night but was told they were sold out for Friday Night, which I found somewhat surprising as they have tons of hotel rooms.

One tip, AVOID the buffet, I have eaten at it twice (June and Aug 2014) and both times the food and service were horrific. If you want a GOOD buffet (and even cheaper!) then go to Borgata!

Room Tip: Ocean Tower rooms are nicely appointed.
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

My mom, daughter, and I stayed in the Criterion tower in room 2806. The room was clean with a nice view of the beach. I think my biggest complaint would be horrible phone service. We have Verizon and have never had trouble even out of country. Cell service was intermittent at best in the room. Hallway not much better. However, overall I really enjoyed our stay. We were there for my daughters dance competition and didnt want to stay at Trump due to horrible reviews. We took a walk in the half closed pier shops and only bought frozen yogurt. Most of the shops are very high end. The housekeeping staff were wonderful and very friendly. I don't gamble so I cannot rate the casino but it appeared they were pretty busy even in the morning. Overall our stay was positive at Caesars, I just
Think it is overpriced. That's expected in Atlantic City. There was a wonderful family Italian restaurant in Bally's that we enjoyed for dinner one evening. Can't remember the name but it was the casual of the two.

• Stayed: August 2014