“Good stay”

Caesars Atlantic City
Ranked #2 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 25 November 2009

Nice hotel with a lot of amenities. Bathroom clean and modern, room was comfortable and bed was also. In the Casino a lot of smoke (as usual in Atlantic City). Overall a very good experience, will come back to it if in Atlantic City.

Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OliviaP1

Reviewed 15 November 2009

Recently, we stayed at Caesars Atlantic City for two nights- as a Total Rewards diamond member - the price was right. Hotel is nice enough and room was nice (ocean view room in Centurion Tower) - but Caesars seems to forget that the entertainment and hotel business is about the "customer"...customer service is greatly lacking. Claude at hotel registration was arrogant and condescending. Stay away from the hotel cafe unless you want to leave feeling as crabby as most of the staff, especially the manager and hostesses. Don't bother trying for room service as you will starve before it arrives. I know the economy has hit Atlantic City very hard but one would think this would encourage the hotels/casino to try even harder to keep customers and not drive them away - yet there is an air of indifference and inattention to the customer. Bally's next door was much more welcoming and inviting with friendly and attentive staff and we wished we had stayed there.
The Pier shops and restaurants (connected to Caesars) was interesting. We tried the Irish tavern (Trinity) and Sonsies, which had good food and good service - but were sadly and eeriely empty for a Thursay and Friday night. The Pier extends over the ocean with nice numerous viewing areas and outside decks.
We found the experience in Atlantic City to be very different than what we experince in Las Vegas. Caesars in Las Vegas is outstanding and I guess we expected the same great customer service in Atlantic City. We are frequent Las Vegas travelers and enjoy the atmosphere there much more - everyone seems to be having much more fun - patrons and staff alike. We have had great experiences at all of the Harrah's properties in Las Vegas, which we have stayed at numerous times (Caesars, Bally's, Harrah's, Flamingo) - plus, there is much more to do there. I guess if you are a serious gambler and don't care about good food (in the casino), good service, or a friendly atmosphere - Atlantic City will work for you.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank PattySlots
Reviewed 12 November 2009

Again I stayed at Caesars for the 4th time this year only for one nite. I always enjoyed the luxury of Caesars. I enjoy the room on the 35th floor of the Centurion tours. I do not know how the other towers are but Centurion is the best it is so convenient to everything.I lover everything about Caesars I will not stay anywhere elese when I travel to A.C. I tried Bally's Showboat and Resorts but nothing compares to Caesars. Once again Bravo for keeping things up to date and perfect for my stay. See you very soon.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank burg1970
Reviewed 9 November 2009

We were so excited to get the chance to stay at Caesar's. Couldn't wait to get there and except for a few minute things it was great. Got there, checked in quickly (thanks Cecelia), was upgraded to a mini suite (two baths, two 42" HD flat screen's, huge king bed, sep. living area, huge shower, awesome). Room wouldn't be ready for an hour. No problem went upstairs for lunch. Great. Gambled a bit. Checked out our room and was awed by it. Room was cleaned excellently everyday. Didn't rush us in the mornings, we slept in most days. Minimum noise in the hallways and we were right by the elevator and was not disturbed. Enjoyed Café Roma, The Pier Mall and service overall was excellent.

Minute or not problems. We were in the North Temple Tower. The temperature in the rooms in that tower (or so I was told by Maintenance or the Front Desk) is controlled by what the temperature is outside. :-( So...if it's 50 or below outside it felt like 90 plus in the room. We had a day where it was between 65 - 70 degree's and the room was like a meat locker freezing cold. I couldn't take it. We had to turn it off all together. This really needs addressing. We enjoy sleeping in a cool room, 66 - 68 degree's. At night when the temperature outside dropped it was desert hot in the room. I had to take a shower to cool off. My husband's nose started to bleed that's how hot and dry it was in the room. By the last day I couldn't take it anymore so we checked out about 8am.

I wouldn't give up on Caesar's but I won't stay in that tower again. Not even if they offered me the mini suite again. No way.

And also please change the alarm clock in the room. It's unreadable. It's background is light grey and the numbers are white. It sits on a desk clear across the room and is unreadable in the middle of the day or at anytime really.

But we still enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank cwitner
Reviewed 25 October 2009

My girlfriends and I were on a "girls night out" and we arrived to the hotel late to check in which was ok because they were able to allow us to check in and upgrade us to a suite. We requested for a roll-a-way bed because there was three of us. The roll-a-way never came. We went out that night an arrived back to our room early in the morning and did not feel the need to remind the staff of the request now. When it was time to get ready to freshen up for the day we requested for additional towels and tooth brushes. The towels never arrived after calling twice. The Service was Horrible! The room was beautiful except for the old "tube" tv and the broken knob. I would not recommend this hotel if you are looking for excellent customer service because you will not find it here.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank PhillyRobin262
HarrahsAC, Manager at Caesars Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2009

Hi Robin!

Sorry that you were not satisfied with your service on your recent trip at Caesars Atlantic City. Please feel free to email me at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com

Sincerely

Management

Reviewed 15 October 2009

The hotel is beautiful and a fantastic location with shopping accross the street. The staff made the trip more pleasureable. Everyone was friendly and happy to assist. with an excellent attitude and a friendly smile. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
HarrahsAC, manager at Caesars Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2009

Hi Marie!

So glad enjoyed your stay with us, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best,