Message from TripAdvisor:

“Roach motel”

Atlantic Palace Suites
Reviewed 7 April 2008

Not much positive to say about this property. Used to be old condo building converted to a hotel, tiny parking lot has no elevator so be prepared for a walk down the stairs.
Rooms are in horrible shape, ripped carpets, dusty mattress, bathroom with an unpleasant musk, most uncomfortable bed, by the appearance we were afraid room may have bedbugs but we survived and ran in the morning. And in addition low lighting to cover it all up. But renovation sign in the room was priceless, "Pardon Our Appearance", not sure how that helps. Look at the photo, awesome TV set too.
Would not rate this hotel with more than 2-3 stars tops.
Location is ideal, right on the strip, 10 Boardwalk minute walk to Resorts and Taj, so is to Caesars''. Well, right outside there are two strip clubs, it may get rowdy but skinny receptionist and video cameras make you feel secure.
Bottom line - pay few dollars extra, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2008
5  Thank rrazzorr
There are newer reviews for Atlantic Palace Suites

Reviewed 17 March 2008

We stayed at the Atlantic Palace for the St. Patrick's Day Weekend. This is a fine hotel with a convenient location. Our room was on the 21st floor and never had to wait for an elevator. The hotel is located right off of the boardwalk and just steps away from the Irish Pub. It is also a short walk from the casinos. The rooms are large and equipped with a mini kitchen which is a nice feature. There is a 7-11 convenience store located about 1 1/2 blocks away. We will be staying here again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Boombah1
Reviewed 6 March 2008

My wife and I booked a week at this resort to attend the Classic Car auction. We drove down to AC and when we turned on to New York Ave to head towards the time share, at approx 9:30 PM on friday night we noticed about 7 police cars parked all around the entrance to the hotel. I was worried and asked the doorman what was wrong. He told me there was some trouble across the street at Club Deja Vu. He also stated at least the cops showed up. Not a good sign. We checked in and found ourselves on the 19th floor in a pretty good sized 2 bedroom unit, unfortunately these people don't know what a queen size bed is. Both bedroom had full size beds. The pull out couch was bigger!!Anyway, later that evening we went to bed in the master bedroom which unfortunately was on the same side of the street as the Club. You would have thought we were on the ground floor with all the noise we could hear from the club. About 4:00 AM I was woken up by 5 gun shots coming from the street below. I looked out the window and saw dozens of people pouring onto the street from the Club like it was on fire. A few minutes later about 14 police cars came screaming up with lights and sirens blaring. Hey, at least they showed up, as the doorman said. They had the whole road near the hotel closed off and were trying to figure out what was going on. Needless to say we didn't get much sleep that first night. The next day the staff seemed oblivious to the shooting the night before. Business as usual. We were also disappointed that there was no restaurant as stated in the info provided. Also, the parking deck was way too small and people were taking up more than one spot for their cars. When I told security they said there was nothing they could do. Our phone did ring a few times while we were there and we ignored it for fear it was time share sales people. The good thing was after the Friday night meley, the club was closed on Saturday and Sunday. Overall I would say the time we spent there was very stressful and we will not be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
5  Thank DDNewJersey
Reviewed 3 February 2008

Let me start of by saying that I booked this room through Expedia for the price of $114/Friday night (Feb - only in AC for 1 night) and I am not a time share member. We (boyfriend/girlfriend, early 30's) are first time visitors to Atlantic City and wanted to stay on the boardwalk and didn't want to pay a lot. And as always, you get what you paid for.
As described at Expedia, it is a studio w/ kitchenette, queen size bed and sofa (I think it was a pull out murphy bed but didn't need to use it), w/ a egg shape 2 person jacuzzi tub which has a plexi-glass looking out to the bed. A view of the boardwalk, the ocean, and the hotel strip-depending which side of the building you are staying on.
We were check-in to rm #1702 (smoking) w/ no problems. As told by the other patrons, park curbside, unload large luggage, check-in and get your parking pass BEFORE you park your car in the parking structure. Parking structure doesn't have an elevator and isn't spacious. Parking is free.
No complaints on the elevators- worked efficently when we were there.
Room was exactly as expected, dated (think 80's Miami Vice) but clean. Had utensils, dishes, diswashing soap, paper towel (1 roll), sponge, small fridge, 2 top burner, microwave. We didn't have a dining table but a built-in triangle shape bar style table w/ 4 chairs. T'V had a lot of cable channels w/ a dvd player. Bed was hard and pillows were flat (there were extra pillows in the closet but those were also flat). Towels weren't great but served it's purpose. Jacuzzi/shower worked great, water pressure - great, water quality - poor. We had to run the water for about 20 mins. til it was clear - had that murky rust color but water temp. was fine. (Only the tub water, not the toilet or sink water.) Called downstairs and told us that it was because that room was not occupied for awhile.
The hotel has a game room- w/ pool tables, etc. Vending machines -soda were $1.50 and ice machines on certain floors. Pool was closed due to the season.
The hotel does not have a casino and I don't believe there was a restaurant. It is located in a shady part of the boardwalk strip, but it is located in the middle of the Resorts/ Taj Mahal/Showboat (left) and Bally's/Wild West/ Ceasar's (right). We were warned NOT to walk at night but it was okay during the day. Taxi to Resorts about $5.00. There is a strip club down the street you drive by to park your car Further down, a seven-eleven store. At night, doors are locked and you need your hotel key to even get into the hotel. If you are a smoker, be fore warned that the ventalation system is terrible. Heater/ a/c worked fine.
With all that in mind, it was just a strip pole and a disco ball shy of being a COMPLETE "bachelor's dream pad". As for the hotel patrons, I got a "daddy likey-likey" while I was waiting for the elevator by my floor. When my boyfriend walk out, he apologized and had an excuse that it's his birthday and was already started his "drink-on".
Overall, I think this hotel has potential - the staff was helpful, main lobby looked updated, clean and bright, and it's in a central location. From the previous reviews, I think it seems that those who are apart of the timeshare had better rooms and better experience w/ the Atlantic Palace than those who are not owners. Did I regret, no - I expected what I paid for. My boyfriend once like that kind of cheesy stuff in college, it's fun to just laugh about it (I wouldn't know where to find another hotel that has a plexi-glass shower/tub facing the bed) Will I return to Atlantic Palace, probably not but compare w/ the other 3 stars and lower motels/hotels, this is a gem . ENJOY!!
P.S. First timers to Atlantic City, there is a $2.50 toll into and out of AC. And the best part, drinks are free in the casinos like Vegas, just tip.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank asiadoll
Reviewed 27 January 2008

Stayed at Atlantic Palace mid week. Easy Check-In & Check-Out, clean room w/large tub and bathroom. Great ocean view, which I didn't expect. Location was great, walking distance to the "Irish Pub" which has great food. Great place to go and relax.

Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank vmdl
Reviewed 26 January 2008

I needed to get away after the hectic Thanksgiving holiday and before the Christmas rush set in.

Since I really enjoy shows, concerts and dabbling with the slots, a friend of ours suggested a weekend getaway to AC. Since I always enjoy going there, we decided that was the place for a weekend getaway. Having just been there, my friend suggested the Atlantic Palace. She couldn't say enough about it so we called and made reservations.

We were very pleasantly surprised. The staff was very courteous and accommodating, the rooms were clean, comfortable and cozy. Everything we wanted or needed was right there.

The food was excellently prepared and pleasantly presented.

I recommend the Atlantic Palace to anyone looking for a clean, safe and comfortable getaway either for a romantic weekend or a family getaway.

Stayed: December 2007
2  Thank boomerbaby7882
Reviewed 26 January 2008

When we were looking for a place to stay in AC, I, like many others tried to research some non-casino hotels. When I came across the Atlantic Palace, some reviews were positive, some were negative. Realizing that you cannot please all the people all of the time I decided to call. I told the desk person that I was concerned about some of the reviews. She began to explain that there are a few hotels that rent rooms in that same building. She went on to say that her particular company was closed down from late spring until September 2007 and if I looked at the dates of some of these postings I would see that they were in the summer months. I thought I would give it a try, I did and came away more than pleased. When I am in the AC area, most of my time is spent out of the hotel room, I look for cleanliness and accomodating people, that is what I found at this establishment, which by the way is not the grand desk you see when you go to check in. This office is located on the ground floor towards the boardwalk. So when making a reservation, don't be afraid to ask the question about these postings you may read, you might turn out to be pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank CasinoBuff