“Typical for an upscale property”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
King George, Virginia
“Typical for an upscale property”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Nice casino/hotel a few miles away from the boardwalk area. Parking was free (as opposed to having to pay down the street at Borgata). Hotel room was clean and well maintained; limited free TV channels; however, they want you down in the casino instead of in your room. Standard high end and expensive stores in the facility; there are a few cheaper places to eat on the property ($7.75 for 2 slices of pizza; $5 for a cup of Ben and Jerry's ice cream), or a buffet that I did not try that was in the $20-$30 range depending on breakfast/lunch/dinner. I went for a WSOP Circuit poker tournament; everything was well organized and run. I only spent a little time on the casino floor, but the dealers were very friendly. The cocktail waitresses were not dressed in something low cut, so you can bring a significant other without anyone getting in trouble!!
If you want to be able to wander down to the beach easily, then stay at one of the other properties. If you are looking for a Las Vegas style casino atmosphere with all of the associated peripheral items, then this is a fine place.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,354)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
NY
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I had a room on the 10th floor of the Harbourview Tower. The noise in the hallway easily traveled into the room, as did conversations from adjacent rooms. I've been to Harrah's before and have had better rooms. Also, even in a non-smoking room the air was permeated by the odor of tobacco smoke. This is an issue throughout the casino and hotel. On a positive note, check-in on Friday evening was quick and pleasant. I would only stay here again if I had a good deal on the room rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BobMyr
Dunkirk, France
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Here is what we can say a great hotel-casino !!!
All is perfect, the bedroom with THE panorama ... even the see on the laguna is amazing ... I'm sure it's better than the others ones ! great quality in the bedroom, space , etc etc and the price .... very low and the money you don't spent in the hotel, you play with.....
BUT there is no free wifi ( why ???) and no breakfast included! The self parking was free as others casinos weren't....
The summum is the swimming pool.... free and incredible equipments as jacuzzis, bars, sofas.... and you're in a jungle as the dome/swimming pool is a kind of palm trees paradise.
I advice you this hotel ... i

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brunoffrance
Lancaster PA
Reviewed 5 December 2013

We reserved a king size bed but none were available when we checked in. Long lines to check in on Sunday at 3pm.The large room on the 4th floor showed its age. Seems like everything was stained. The mold / mildew around the shower was gross. We had a late check out package but house keeping was knocking on our door at 8:30 am. We were told it was our fault for not putting a sign outside our door. We did eat at the Buffet, long line but the food was great.

Room Tip: Put a sign on your door to avoid a wake up by house keeping !!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank FamilyTime23
NY
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Like it says, the room was extremely nice. My room was high up in the waterfront tower. I do believe this tower had the upgraded room, flat screen tv, marble, etc. Good size room. Food is a bit pricey at the restaurant burger bar, for what you got but it's a tourist area. If it were the summer I would stay on the boardwalk as there really isn't much to do there except gamble.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Anndi626
Reviewed 4 December 2013

When I booked this trip it was for my boyfriend's birthday and we were looking for a mini getaway. Plus I stayed 2 years ago for my Birthday. We stayed two nights, checked in Sunday and checked out Tuesday afternoon. When I went to check in I was suppose to have a smoking King but due to "construction" my room was not available and I was then offered a smoking 2 queen but turned it down for a non-smoking King. I then asked later that night, after check-in, if I could check the availability for the smoking king and I was assured they would have one ready the next morning. The 1st night the room was nice but as I went to shower I saw a Blood Clot on the inside of the tub. A blood clot is waste that leaves a womens body when on her cycle. I am a women and I was mortified. I was SO DISGUSTED, but stupid me didn't complain because we were switching rooms anyway. So the next morning we switched rooms and long behold the smoking room was even more disgusting. I found a roach crawling on the ceiling and immediately phoned the front desk. They did comp that night but when I checked out they charged me a $20 fee for a room switch. Frankly, I should of never been charged because my original room was never given to me. Believe me when I tell you I voiced my disgust to them over the phone and they gave me a $100 credit to use at any of the Total Rewards property. I was thinking about going back for December but my mind was made up. If you choose to stay at this hotel I suggest you stay in the Harbour Tower or Bayview or Water Tower. The Marina Tower is beyond terrible. I also suggest you scope out your room and if you see anything wrong tell them immediately or you will be charged for a switch room fee as well. Also this hotel is off the Boardwalk BUT they do provide a free Total Rewards Shuttle Service all you have to do is show your total rewards card and you are allowed a +1 to come on with you.

Room Tip: Harbour Tower, Bayview Towers and Water Front. Do not stay in the Marina Towers unless you love roac...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cnl90
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Although my stay at Harrah's was fabulous (as usual), I do have one complaint. After a late night out, I had planned to sleep in until 10AM and get ready to check out by 11AM (official checkout time is noon), however at around 7:45AM I woke up to someone knocking on our door, and by the time I figured out what was happening and got over to the door there was someone keying into our room. The door actually opened and out of shock I slammed it shut and then the man on the other side of the door said he was from housekeeping. When I reopened the door to see what he wanted, he was actually from housekeeping and just wanted to know when we were checking out. I thought it was extremely strange that the hotel would allow their employees to key into our room or even knock on our door that early, but even worse was the panic that this caused since I was sleepy and startled. Having a man knocking on then opening our door was the last thing two you 21 year old girls wanted at 7:45AM. If I decide to go back, I hope this won't happen again.

Room Tip: I only stay in the Waterfront tower. It can be a little bit more expensive, but at least I know it i...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends