“nice trip”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Harrahs is a great place to visit and has fun activities, good restaraunts, and relaxed environment with walking paths along the water. I enjoyed running the paths and feeling somewhat isolated from the chaos of the ocean front.

Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
1  Thank Glenn M
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Great price on Sundays. Wonderful ocean view. Clean and comfortable. Large casino. Pool party is not worth the money, drinks are too expensive for what they are. I would go back. Although the location is nice, I do prefer hotel/casinos lower down on the boardwalk.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I like visiting Harrah's for the varity of fun it offers! I like the restaurants and the bar areas as well. I mostly enjoy the activities offered, like the pool after dark. I do enjoy my stay each and everytime. As everywhere, there are some staff that make your visit not so enjoyable, which needs improvement on. I really think that there need to be a overhaul with good service training, that does not tolerate rude and disrespectful personnel to the customers. Lastly, instead of being helpful, Majority of the security personnel is belligerent, rude and threatening to the visitors. I have witnessed it on more than one occasion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Caesars Entertainment
Reviewed 22 August 2014

So here's a little Harrah's Atlantic City rant that would have been worse 24 hours ago when I should have wrote this but been so hectic haven't had time until now. While I'm not as peeved, I still want to get this off my chest.

So we're not fancy people. I don't need a 5 star hotel. Just a clean, nice room. In the past whenever we have stayed in AC it's usually been the Hilton or the Tropicana or something like that. Never needed to stay at the Borgata or Revel. And I don't think you'd put Harrah's in the same category but this time I felt I wanted go somewhere different and nicer. So I booked the Harrah's, especially since I saw the famous pool they have and thought this would be very cool for the kids.

So first gripe, whenever I had to call the hotel to speak to an operator about my upcoming reservation it took forever to speak to someone. Ok, happens to all big hotels and companies. But as I'm on hold, I hear that the pool opens from 10-6pm. What? The pool was one of the reasons I was going here and with a 4:00 check in, it didn't seem like I'd have too much time. So I called the front desk to ask for early check in. They say you can come early but we can't guarantee your room will be ready. Ok, so I get there at 2 and the line is so deep, I thought I was at the airport. I'm not kidding, it was at least 100 people on line. I hate waiting on line, time is a commodity to me and I'm not wasting it.

So we decided to head to the boardwalk to play some games, kill some time to come back at 4. Now mind you, the boardwalk is a 15 minute complex ride from the Harrah's, and to find parking and to finally get on to the boardwalk took almost half hour. This is where I say, those other less expensive hotels on the beach are so much better. Anyway, I come back at 4, regular check in and the line is even bigger now. Ridiculous. I speak to a security guard who obviously has heard these complaints before and says this is nothing, last week was double this. Who the heck wants to wait on line for an hour to check in to your hotel room? I mention that with the pool closing and this long line, what's the point of staying here. He gave me some good advice and said, check your bags in and go swimming. So we had to park, change in the middle of the parking lot, stuff my belongings in a huge suitcase and came back and left it with the bell captain. So finally I'm excited to show my kids this cool, massive, indoor swimming pool which is like an indoor oasis. We walk to the pool and they say no one under 21 allowed. What? Fancy pants doesn't want to share the pool with kids? It's 4:30 in the afternoon!

I find out the kids pool is somewhere in another tower on the 4th floor. So we go back through the hotel lobby, still loaded with people trying to check in and we find this little rectangle, 3 feet deep pool, packed with kids under 21. Oh, what fun. After a few bumps from other kids we get out and hit the arcade, which granted, is nice for a hotel, but it's 6:00 and we've been in AC for 4 hours and we want to check in. We go back to the lobby and while there is still a nice wait, we just decide to do it. It took 20 minutes or so, but we got our keys to the waterfront tower room I reserved and I open the door to a decent looking room BUT with the top of the pool dome and a parking lot as my view! Waterfront, my ascot! Meanwhile, I need to send some certificates to people and soon find out I have to pay for wifi. No free wifi? The $100 hotel in Bensalem, PA I got this week had free wifi.

Oh and to top it all off, security guard knocks on our door this afternoon saying that the next room is complaining our kids are making too much noise. At 1pm!

Anyway, long story short, I'm booking my next hotel back on the board walk, where my kids can go swimming past 6pm, I can get free wifi and where the hotel is not anti-kids.

Thank you.

Room Tip: Get Waterfront Tower (nicer rooms) but you don't necessarily get a waterfront view.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ElanKornblum
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My wife and I recently stayed at Harrah's for a night out and we were pleased, but you definitely get what you pay for. The line to check in was horrendously long, and the "non-smoking" room smelled like smoke. However, the staff was all friendly and helpful. And there is a lot to do at Harrah's. So, even though it took so long to check in and the room smelled like smoke, we would stay here again. Housekeeping promptly took measures to address the room smell issue, and we had no other issues after getting past the very long check in line. But, you really cannot beat the low price here!

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Went for family trip for father in laws birthday. Check in was over an hour. Dinner at McCormick...very good. Went to take my daughter to the pool afterwards, only to find out pool is for adults only. But they told me that the family pool (more like an oversized bathtub) was open till 6pm...too late for us already closed. Don't understand how adult pool is open from 8am-midnight. Yet the family pool is open from 10am-6pm...the pool is so small and shallow that there is no need for a lifeguard so I don't understand why they can't open a little earlier and close a little later. I don't know about anybody else's kids. But mine get up really early and are ready to go to the pool. And I wouldn't mind an evening swim with my kids, but I guess a 4 star hotel can't be bothered by families. But 4 stars? For a hotel with roaches and bugs crawling around the room,a phone cord that looks like there is feces on it, about a quarter inch of dust around and behind the bed, the indescribable odor, I can understand the outdated furniture and decor but the list goes on....(if you are skeptical, leave your email and I will send you pictures. Never coming back.

• Stayed: August 2014
5  Thank Yeung13
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Dear review readers, Mr. Kening and Mr. Sidestam,

Casino hotels are normally among the best places you could stay. Normally the room and the staff are top notch but this rule of thumb seem not to apply to this place.
First of all, we arrived around 10 PM and the waiting line to check-in was really long. This seemed like if we were at the security check of an airport. We had to wait more than 1h30 to get served. At the counter, we were being told that there is no more place in the tower we reserved and they offered us another room. This was a problem because we paid an extra amount to get a room in the newest part of the hotel called the 'waterfront'. Because they told us there was no other choice, they told us we had to stay in another room located in the 'atrium' tower and they will upgrade the room for a suite. We accepted because we were being told there was no other choice and the room they proposed was an upgrade to what we reserved. Arrived at the room, it was smelly and very old. This was not what we were expecting. We came back at the counter asked for the manager in duty and he finally gave us a regular room in the 'waterfront' tower like we were supposed to get and some complimentary upgrade for the inconvenience. Just to let you know, the gambling voucher they give you as a compensation have a 24 hours expiration time and we never been told that information, it's not even written on the voucher. After some thought, this event seemed like if they are trying to give old suite to visitor instead of the new room they are supposed to get because they have difficulty renting the old suites. They even seem to make them appealing and upgrades.

The second event happened the day after our check-in. We came back to our room and at our surprise the room was UN-DONE. As a frequent traveler and avid hotel user for work, I never saw something like that. We left the room early in the morning and no sign were put on the door so there was no excuse for the staff members. I had to come back a second time at the front desk to finally sort everything out and they cleaned the room giving us other compensation for their mistake.

Finally, the third event was the breaking point for me. We came later in the room during the night to see if everything was done and to our surprise the maid had left a cleaning product bottle on the bathroom counter and the TV On because she seemed to have used the TV while cleaning. I went back to the counter with the bottle in my hand and talked to the manager in duty about all those problems they offered some minor reimbursement for their mistake.
Having stayed three nights to this hotel and having so much trouble with their staff I can assure you that I won't recommend this hotel to anyone. At some point you can give some minor reimbursement or small upgrades, but If you don't learn by your mistake and continue to make mistakes over mistake it's like if you do nothing. All those events made our vacation a lot less enjoyable that it should have been.

I think this hotel have major management and staff issue and this should be addressed by you Mr. Kening and Mr. Sidestam.

Room Tip: 'waterfront' tower have the best rooms
4  Thank mathieu660