“Yet another great stay”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 8 February 2009

We just stayed over our second time in about a month and it was excellent again. We checked in about 4 PM Saturday and were in our room after about 10 minutes. This time we were in the Marina Tower on the 8th floor. We had the corner room and it was certainly bigger than average. The bathroom was huge....lots of marble, dual granite sinks and a Jacuzzi bath. We had the "city" view as opposed to a water view. We spent the late afternoon in the hot tubs at the pool area and they were sweet. Most people there at that time were 25-40ish. We had 8:30 dinner reservations at Polistinas (sp.?) and that was really great. By 9 Pm the place was really packed....All the bars were busy, the casino floor was packed the bars and clubs had pumpin music(a live rock band at one)......... the place was jammin..........Where is the recession is all we could think!!!! By adding the "POOL" set up Harrahs is really attracting a young crowd overwhelmed with "beautiful people"!!!! The Pool after dark was obviously the place to be....It was again packed and very trendy........20 per person cover charge didn't slow anyone down.......Girls and guys dressed, or should I say undressed, to the nines!!! We had breakfast at Reflections again and it was fine. I would have liked to spend some more time at the pool the next day but we were off to the boat show over at the convention center........The only bad thing was the tables beat us up pretty good this time but I guess we were due after having a few good trips in a row!!!!! We will certainly continue to keep Harrahs our AC destination for a while!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cartaynic
There are newer reviews for Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Reviewed 3 February 2009

Mom is a Diamond Card Holder with Harrahs and I reserved her comp room via the Total Rewards website. I'm not sure if we are treated differently due to her status but we were treated like Queens.

We arrived very early, around 10am, and I thought we would have to check our luggage. I was pleasantly surprised when we were told our room was ready. We were given a choice of towers, but since we had only been there once before I told the check-in person to give us whatever room he thought was best. I don't remember the name of the tower but it was very close to the check-in desk. Our room was clean and seemed to have been recently redecorated. It had hardwood floors which was kind of neat. We also had a huge flat screen TV. We don't spend too much time in the room as we had come to AC to play the slots. It was clean, the beds were comfy, we were happy.

We spent a good part of the day playing the slots. We love the selection of slot machines at Harrahs. Some are new, some are older, every denomination from .01 and up. There is a slot machine there for any taste. In the afternoon we went to the Diamond Club for a snack. I have been to other Diamond Clubs in Ballys, Showboat and Caesar's but the one in Harrahs is the best hands down. It is not a club but more like a Buffet. We had dinner later in the evening at the Steak House and it was wonderful. (I do have to say we have had better steaks but only at Ruth's Chris.) Yes, it was pricey but Mom used her comps so it only cost us a tip. We went to the Waterfront Buffet the next morning for breakfast ( I think it was $18.00 per person, but again Mom used comps) and it was perfect. The selection was overwhelming. The made to order omelette could not have been better. Each and every hotel/casino person we came into contact with was pleasant and helpful. We had wonderful service in both of the restaurants.

We were both very pleased with our stay at Harrahs and we have already booked a return stay in March. Harrahs is now our preferred place to stay in AC.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank CCCaroleAnn
Reviewed 2 February 2009

We stayed over at Atlantic City on our way to Cape May for our daughter's graduation from boot camp. This is a frequent place for families of the US Coast Guard to stay for the graduation of their sons, daughters, wives, husbands etc.
Because it was my 40th birthday, I thought it would be a great place to celebrate. Boy was I wrong, the staff is rude, and inexperienced.
I made my reservations directly on the hotels website. I selected my room, and requested 2 double beds and a crib. Our flight was delayed so I contacted the hotel to let them know we were running a little late, assuming our room would be ready upon my arrival. (12 am) When we checked in, the front desk personnel said that a crib would not fit in the room selected with 2 beds and that she could offer us 1 King bed and a crib. Remember, I requested 2 beds and a crib on their website, if the crib wasn't going to fit why didn't it alert me when I selected this option? Or why didn't she offer another room option? Furthermore, there were 4 in our party. all standing at the check-in counter. 2 adults, 2 children (Ages 15 and 3). So 3 of us were expected to sleep in 1 King bed. She called the manager and received approval to proceed with 2 beds and a crib, but we would have to rearrange the furniture to allow it to fit. I took over a hour for the crib to arrive, and only after 3 phone calls and a request to speak to the manager did it arrive. Our room was located in the Marina Tower, our room was missing a lamp shade, some of the lights didn't work, the room was a lot smaller than the pictures make it appear online, the halls to our room were dirty the carpet had large stains.
There is a charge to use the pool and only adults are allowed. All eating options are expensive, ($6.50 for a hotdog). If you are from the west coast (like us) and expect to eat late local time, think again. Most eating places are closed after 9pm.
There is an Express bus that will take you to the other hotels, (the cashier said our hotel key was all that was needed to ride) So we waited 15 mins. for the bus, and the bus driver made us go back to obtain a Rewards card, this wasn't explained to us at check in. Once we had our Rewards card we were off to another hotel, however we encountered this bus driver on our trip back to the hotel and she now expected the Total Rewards card and another form of identifcation, this was the final straw for me I lost it, all other passengers in front of us were getting on with their Total Rewards card, she was just being rude.
If you aren't custom to smoke, do not stay at this hotel, smoking is allowed, and even though it says in designated areas, these areas are in the middle of the hotel, and one is along the central path it permiates everywhere.
This was a terrible stay and I will tell all families of the Coast Guard not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 February 2009

I have been to the casino here in its early days and it never impressed, but management obvioulsy got the message and good for them.

I booked the ingnite the Passion Package, the GF and I had a bad, bad week and needed to re-charge the batteries. The room was awesome, stayed on the 32 floor and what a view...I just stared out that window and took it all in. We were only there for one night so just scraped the surface on what to do, but if your looking to relax, you have found Mecca.

We went down to the pool area which itself is worth it all. We got comfortable in a jacuzzi and have a few drinks, we made some friends, laughed a lot and the stress just metled away. He went back up to the room on the 32nd floor and watched one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen.

The room was outstanding, the bath room shower area is intoxicating... if your trying to have some romance and ignite that flame...the shower is a must...trust me.... the room was spotless, well appointed and the bed to die for. No... I dont own the place, but telling it like it was.

A few suggestions, bring your food and drink for room consumption, it comes with a refridgerator and you will save big money. It's a beautiful place, but like any hotel/casino its way over priced in the food and beverage department.

We opted to eat at the buffett, it wasnt bad, def one of the better ones among the others but way overpriced --$32.00 a person for a buffett is out there folks... I mean way out there....

Try booking online the day of your arrival, the night before orbitz offered me the same room for $119.00 and I got it through the hotel website the same day for $59.00.

Def have won me over, I have found my new hide away spot, cant wait to go back again and try something new there !

Stayed: February 2009
1  Thank ericnpenn
Reviewed 31 January 2009

Jim Graham, Jacksonville, NC.

My wife and I have been coming up from North Carolina about every other month just to relax and have a little fun.
We have been greeted by a friendly staff from valet parking to the bellhop to the person at check-in even when there were long lines. The rooms have been beautiful and have had everything we needed for a comfortable stay. We have eaten at the food court and Reflections where the food has been very good and the staff have been courteous.
I personally like that the poker room is non-smoking, I can play cards and not have to worry about the person sitting next to me smoking like at some of the table games.
And when we check out the lady at valet parking always tells us to have a safe trip home and to hurry back.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GunnerJim
Reviewed 30 January 2009

My husband and I traveled to AC with two nights comped rooms at Harrah's for Monday to Wednesday, 1/19-1/21. Pleasantly surprised at the quickness of check-in after being about 15th in line. Reservation staff were courteous and quick. My husband worrried about comped rooms as I am only a nickle and penny slot machine player but room was clean, recently updated with 15th floor view of the ocean and boardwalk in the Marina Tower. Only downside was that it was far away from the pool.
Had a $10 slot play ticket for Showboat so stopped there first and won $50 on penny slot- live lobsters dancing nightly plus played for over a half hour so also earned $20 meal comp.
At Harrahs, won $120 on 2 cent machine and hubby won $80 on 100 Lions penny machine. Monday night we went to bed very happy after going to casino bar and watching Karaoke singers.
On Tuesday went to Borgata, and Tropicana but were not winners so returned to Harrah's for gambling in between watching Inaguaration on TV. Up and down all day and ended up with a loss for Tuesday but had a pleasant evening at bar in casino area with trivia game whare husband won a free round of drinks. Not impressed with food at resturants in Harrah's though.
All in all a great trip and tho we did not come home win cash winnings felt the comps and extras made up for our losses.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2009

I enjoyed mostly everything. The room was nice. The casino was GREAT. The best part by far was the POOL and the HOT TUBE that also turend into a cool night club after hours . The only thing that I didn't like was the food in the hotel none of it was good, other then that I would go back again.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends