“Great rooms and great amenities”

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City
Ranked #5 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 14 January 2010

I'm not a high roller in Atlantic City (you'll usually find me at $10 roulette tables), so there's not a good chance of me getting tons of comps. However, I do take overnight trips from time to time, and this time I stayed at Harrah's with my gf. I've previously stayed at Harrahs at one of their standard Harbor tower rooms, and had a pleasant experience.

This time, we were upgraded to the Waterfront tower at no cost - cool! The room was almost identical to the Caesar's Centurion tower rooms, which are my favorite ones in AC. The only noticeable difference was no TV in the bathroom mirror; however, the room felt a lot more spacious than the Caesars rooms.

The room was modernly decorated, and very clean. The best part was that the elevators to the room were adjacent to the pool area.

Stuff to do:

Gamble - this was actually the low point of our most recent stay. The casino was pretty packed, especially the table games. Unfortunately, a large number of tables were closed, forcing people to crowd around tables waiting for a spot to open up. However, I eventually came out ahead, so I can't really be too mad at this. The casino floor is newer and has a better "feel" than some of the older Boardwalk casinos.

Food - there are several food options in the casino. There are a few fast food places that unfortunately charge you at a double rate (2:1) for your comps. We opted to eat at the Reflections cafe. $10 burgers; $15-20 entrees. I used my comps on a couple of burgers for the gf and me; they weren't the best I've tasted, but at least they were free.

Pool (day) - the pool is strictly for 21 y/o and up, which meant no kids running around. This is great if you just want to relax or swim around. The pool area is very nice - it's surrounded by a half sphere glass dome, which lets in sunlight from the outside. Plants decorate the interior, and it feels like you're out on vacation somewhere in Mexico or the Caribbean (as opposed to stuck in a cold NJ winter!)

There is also a bar in the pool area (unfortunately no swim up bar!) where you can get drinks. They had happy hour specials starting at 4pm - we ordered some tasty piña coladas. They also had snacks (nachos, burgers etc) which we didn't try.

Pool (night) - on Wed, Fri and Sat nights, the pool area turns into a nightclub at night. I've been a few times, and it's my favorite spot in AC. Admission was $10 all night on Wed (more on weekends). The line is usually pretty long unless you get there early (or late). We opted to show up a little later, around 1 AM. Party was going on strong till close (4am). Great mix of rap/techno/pop by the DJ. Some people ditched their shoes and waded into the shallow area of the pool (6" deep). Prices at the bar were about average compared to NYC clubs ($10-11 cocktails). In addition to the main bar, there were also smaller stations set up around the perimeter where you could get drinks.

**Tip - if you plan on going to the pool (either to swim or party), try to get a room in the Waterfront tower. The elevators to the room are right next to the Pool area, so you don't have to walk all the way across the casino to get there.

Overall - Harrahs is probably my favorite spot to go to in AC. I'm going to try to make at least a few more visits there this year. There's always a ton to do, and the atmosphere is great. The only downside I can think of is the distances you need to walk. After parking in the self-park garage, you have to take an elevator, an escalator, and then walk across the casino floor just to get to check-in. I think the valet parking shortens this distance. Regardless, it's a great spot , and if you don't need to be on the Boardwalk, it's a great option.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shadowsjc
HarrahsResortAC, Customer Relations Coordinator at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2010

Dear Shadowsjc:
Thank you for staying with us at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City! I’m pleased Harrah’s was your favorite place to go in Atlantic City! I’m also glad you had the experience to use our breath taking Pool during the day, and After Dark. The pool is the hottest spot in Atlantic City from dusk to dawn.
Your thoughtful comments continue to make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to having the pleasure of welcoming you back to Harrah’s Resort in the near future.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Customer Relations Coordinator

There are newer reviews for Harrah's Resort Atlantic City

Reviewed 11 January 2010

My husband and I stayed at Harrah's December 18 and 19th. Check in was quick and we were given a room in the Harbour Tower. The room was an end room, so it was a little bigger. At that time, I had a Platinum card. Harrah's was having a promotion that if you have a premium card from another casino they would upgrade you. I've had a Black card at the Borgtata for about 5 years so I decided to take advantage of this offer. They gave me a Diamond card, along with $200 in vouchers for gambling and 50 comp dollars. I already had around 100 comp dollars. The weekend we were there, there was a snowstorm so a lot of the restaurants were closed as employees couldn't make it in. No problem. We decided to eat at Mccormack and Schmick's seafood restaurant. The food was very good. Our bill was around $100 which I decided to pay with my comp dollars. The problem is that nobody told me that comp dollars in that restaurant were a 2/1 ratio. So instead of 100 comp dollars it was 200. Had I known that, I would have paid the bill in cash instead of using all of my comp dollars which I didn't have enough of, so I had a balance to pay also. The person at the Rewards Center should have told me where I could spend my comp dollars for even money and where it would be 2/1. The waiter at the restaurant should have also mentioned that to me. So, the next day I went back to the person at the Rewards Center and told her what happened. When I told her that someone should have told me about this she said its in very small letters on the menu. So, even though we really enjoyed the hotel, I think we'll stick with the Borgata. I would recommend this hotel, but make sure you read the fine print.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
HarrahsResortAC, Customer Relations Coordinator at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2010

Dear Dtaggs:

Thank you for taking the time to write and for making us aware of your concerns. At Harrah’s there is always something new and exciting going on, and our goal is for you to always have an enjoyable time! Your comments are appreciated as it enables us to identify where adjustments can be made, so we may continue providing the best products and service.

I’m pleased you enjoyed your guest room, and our famous seafood restaurant McCormick and Schmicks, I truly enjoy there food as well. However, I apologize for your disappointment regarding your comp dollars. Please be assured that we will share your concerns and suggestions with our management teams for their review and consideration during future planning. In the mean time I would more than happily like to address your specific concerns and ensure we make the appropriate changes that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to email us at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com. We do look forward to hearing from you about your stay.

Have a Wonderful Day!

Reviewed 20 December 2009

We went down to Harrah's as a spur of the moment trip. Considering it was our first time there, I now know never to return to this hotel. The main floor is nice with the pool area and restaurants. There was a very nice man who greeted us and got us a great room at the check-in counter but other than that, customer service is TERRIBLE. The restaurants had rude, long waits for meals. We decided to order room service instead because in the amount it took to wait for our food, we could have been done eating and walking around. You would think the dealers would be nicer also. One woman, Le, was the most rude and inconsiderate dealer I have EVER encountered. The combination of all these things turned me away from Harrahs.

Hello Aclovah:

Thank you for taking the time to write and for making us aware of your concerns regarding your stay at Harrah’s. Your comments are very important in helping us to ensure that the services and products we provide to our guests are constantly improving to meet and exceed your expectations. Here at Harrah’s you are family, and we always want you to have a relaxing, comfortable, and enjoyable time! So when we hear your experience wasn’t what you expected, it truly bothers us. Harrah’s is a vacation away from home, and we want nothing more, but for you to leave more than satisfied.

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City strives to provide a high level of quality service and products for our guests and we apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that we have brought your comments to the attention of our management team, and I would more than happily like to address your specific concerns and ensure we make the appropriate changes that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to email us at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com. As far as casinos go, we have the highest standards of service in the industry, and we would like to show you how sensational Harrah’s is.

We do look forward to hearing from you about your stay.

Reviewed 13 December 2009

Upon arrival at the front lobby, I immediately went to the self check-in line. There was only one person in front of me. Our comped reservations (Gold members) were for the Harbour Tower, so this is what appeared on the computer screen along with upgrades for a few dollars more at Bayview and Water Tower. As my husband and I discussed this extra cost, a very nice guest specialist, named Michael, told us that he would upgrade our reservation to the Water Tower for no extra cost! Having stayed in the new Water Tower before, we took his offer. The room was spacious and fairly clean, and the elevators are close to the pool which we love. One thing that I do miss in the bathroom is the lack of towel racks and a bathtub. We were short of towels and a waste basket, but we asked housekeeping for them and were immediately given them. My husband and I had another great trip to Atlantic City and will return.

3  Thank MsRef
HarrahsResortAC, Customer Relations at Harrah's Resort Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2009

Hi Msref,

Harrah's takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your comments.

Your kind words will encourage all of us to continue to strive to make each and every guest visit a memorable one.

Guests, such as you make our job a pleasant and rewarding one. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you soon.

Thanks for being our guest!

Angela
Atlantic City Operations

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Booked a last minute room at Harrah's for a night out on the town and wasn't disappointed. We stayed in the older Harbour Tower and the rooms were plain but were more than fine for us. However, the walls were paper thin and we could hear everyone in the next room as if they were standing next to us.

We went to the Pool After Dark and had a great time. I was a little disappointed to find out that you can't get rewards points for purchases there. It would be really helpful if Harrah's had a list online as to where you can earn Total Rewards points.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Aero247

Dear Aero247:

Thank you for taking the time to write us at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City! I’m pleased you had the chance to experience our wonderful entertaining property, and that you had a fun time at the Pool After Dark. The atmosphere at the pool defiantly makes you feel like you’re in paradise.

Harrah's Resort Atlantic City takes pride in the courteous and individual treatment of all of our valued guests, such as yourself, and we are always happy to hear your feedback. We always want your visit to be enjoyable and memorable, so your comments mean a lot to us. Please be assured that we have brought your suggestions to the attention of our management team. I would more than happily like to address your specific concerns and ensure we make the appropriate changes that will not only meet but exceed your expectations. Please feel free to email us at harrahstripadvisor@harrahs.com
Thank You, and Have a Great Day!

Reviewed 30 November 2009

We stayed at Harrrah's as a part of a friend's 40th birthday celebration and asked for the Waterfront Tower but was informed upon check-in that that tower was booked. We were given a room in the older Harbour Tower and would totally agree with the previous review of the stained carpet, unreasonably muggy room (lack of a fan in the bathroom did not help), and filthy bathroom. There were left over hairs (yes, that's plural) in the shower soap dish and bathtub, strange stains on the bathtub, and peeling paint on the ceilings. The decorative bolsters on the bed were beyond disgusting with stains and other things I'd rather not think of covering them. The outdated sofa was the last thing anyone should sit on, as it was in a similar state of the bolsters. Our "discounted" room rate was $260/night, however, if we had noticed how filthy the room was earlier in the evening, we would have switched rooms or hotels.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank savproco
Reviewed 29 November 2009

I went down with some girlfriends for a birthday weekend and as we walked through main area it looked great. Ate at the italian restaurant which was fine, not great but not horrible either. The room which was in the older "harbour" tower was absolutley atrocious. The carpets were filthy, there was mold on shower curtain and bathroom ceiling along with a slow leak in bathroom. It was incredibly muggy in the room and even with A/C set at 60 degrees, it felt like we were in a turtle habitat.

I enjoyed the main floor and casino floor but would not return for a second visit. Stick with Borgata in Atlantic City. If anything, make sure you stay in new towers at Harrah's.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends