“Perfect location in A.C. ”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This was our second time staying at Tropicana over the last few years, I personally enjoy this casino since it offers tons of night life without having to travel. Our first experience wasn't the best so it was a relief our experience was a lot better this time. The only negative feed back I can give personally are about the "out dated" & "dirty" hotel rooms. This trip we stayed in the Havana Tower which was a lot cleaner than the other locations but it was still not worth the price to stay. If you are looking for something more upscale I would look into Borgata, Revel or Water Tower at Harrah's.

The best part about staying here is the fact you honestly don't need to leave the property to have a great experience. The Quarter offers many amazing restaurants and an awesome market you can order prepared food at as well. The lower level of this casino offers even more restaurants and bars. As far as night life goes, I personally enjoy Boogie Nights night club very much. They have great entertainment and music. Enjoy!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank ErinLee13

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This was our 9th year staying at the tropicana and we usually stayed in either the south or havana tower. We know the tropicana is no ritz carlton but this was our first year staying in the north tower and it is very old and run down except for the 15th floor which is the only renovated floor in the whole tower. The bathroom is so small you can barely turn around in it. We will definitely never stay in this tower again.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Troublemaker-24
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share about your recent trip to the Tropicana Casino & Resort .

We are delighted to hear that you have stayed with us numerous times in the past.

We are sorry to hear that your were disappointed with the quality of your room. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you experienced.

I have passed your comments on to our Management Team for their review.

Our goal is to offer all of our guests an exceptional room product experience. To that end, we are delighted to announce our plans of a 35 million dollar renovation project. A major portion of the project is the complete renovation of our North Tower which consists of 434 rooms and suites.

The construction is scheduled to begin during the early Fall of 2014.

Once again, thanks for your review. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I recently spent a Friday night at the Tropicana and it wasn't bad at all. We had a large room in the West Tower (3537), end of the corridor, with beach front and side street views. The room had wood floors that gave it a clean, classy look, which I really liked. The bathroom was big, with a double sink. I didn't like that there were no hooks or racks for towels or washcloths. Everything in the room was clean. I did get a faint smell of cigarettes, even though it was a non smoking floor. If you're in a hurry to get anywhere at the Trop, be aware that the elevators are slow, especially around 11:00 and 4:00, but we always had to wait, no matter what time it was. If you plan to check out and have things to take to the car, go down well before 11:00 so you can avoid waiting on lines for elevators. Also, if all the down elevators are too full, take one up, and then stay in it to go back down.

The Tropicana is a big hotel, with multiple levels. Plenty of places to eat, shopping, gaming, entertainment. Signs are confusing. Be prepared to walk a lot to get where you need to go. Also be prepared that it is not next to any other hotels on the boardwalk, so more walking. In my opinion, i didn't mind being away from some of the seedier parts of the boardwalk. I think I would go back.

Room Tip: West tower was nice. We had room 3537 and could see the beach and part of the city.
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the second time my husband and I stayed at the Trop.This trip we stayed in the West Wing. The room had been renovated with a flat screen TV and hardwood floors.We were on the 48th floor and sometimes the elevators took along time to get to us We love the shops and the different restaurant choices they have here. There is always something to do here. The only problem I had is with the panel where you control the AC. We came in at night and the room was chilly so I went and turned the AC off. I stopped to look out the window at all the lights and the street below and the entire AC panel fell on my leg. My husband called the front desk and told them and they did come up and put the panel back on. The maintenance man even changed the furnace filter because it was really dirty. I got a huge black and blue mark down my left leg and I am still feeling pain and have swelling by my left knee. The person at the front desk didn't even respond to my husband when he told them it fell on my leg. We like staying at the Trop and will probably stay here again. I think, though, when something happens to one of the hotel guests, the employees should listen and at least ask if they are ok.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I traveled to the Trop for my bday weekend in April with my hubby and another couple. I know that was a while ago, but better late then never. We were very hesitant based on some of the reviews, but decided to give it a try...had a sitter for our kiddies, had to take advantage of that...lol. Driving up to the hotel, valet attendants were ready and waiting to assist us with smiles. Our valet was very friendly and polite. The lobby was nice, but after just coming from the Venetian in Vegas nothing special. Check in was fast and painless. We asked to be put in the newer, remodeled tower but was told there was only double beds available. So we decided to keep the king room in the Havana tower. HUGE mistake! The room was outdated and gross. The walls were dirty and the carpet even worst. So back to the lobby we went and decided on the West wing with the double beds. The decor and style were much better, but the room was dusty and one bed has holes in the sheet. By this time I'm on my iPad trying to find another hotel. I don't need 5 star, but I do like cleanliness and comfort ability. My husband called the front desk and had housekeeping come in and clean the room and change all the bedding. That was much better. So we decided to stay. I'm actually glad we did! I had a fantastic weekend. The hotel has everything we needed. We never moved our car til we checked out. On Friday night we had dinner at PF Changs and went to Boogie Nights for dancing, had a ball. On Saturday we walked the boardwalk and went shopping during the day. Later that night we did a comedy show, karaoke and drinks and dancing at Tangos. Oh and I can't forget about Wet Willies...the best slushie drinks!! So in summary, the Trop would never be my first choice, but it was nice for a fun weekend with my hubby and friends and being able to enjoy everything in one place was great!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Havana tower! If possible check out you room before you you unload luggage
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

This place is huge!!! It has mini mall, movie theater, wet willies, and a couple of nightclubs. The parking is confusing and getting to the hotel lobby for the garage is also. Check in took about 15 minutes. The front desk agent ugraded our room to a "suite" on the 68th floor. While I first thought this was great, the room was awful. There are various stains on the floor, outdated room, and blood on the sheets. The only good thing was the view of the ocean but the blood kind of freaked me out. The room has an old motel feel to it. And to think people actually pay $400 + a night for that room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank janay b
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay at Tropicana. We take all of our reviews seriously and use them as means for improvement.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience you experienced during your visit.

The construction is scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2014

We have forwarded your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thanks so much for your comments.

Sincerely, David B.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and helpful. We had switched from another hotel, so we checked in early and the front desk staff was so nice. We were able to check in and they gave us a time to come back and pick up our keys after the room was clean. The rooms are older, but spacious. We had a good view of the ocean and the hotel has a lot of great restaurants.