Tropicana Atlantic City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Eldorado Motor Inn(Atlantic City)
View Hotel
Fox Manor Hotel(Atlantic City)
  • Pool
Martinique Motel(Atlantic City)
View Hotel
Quality Inn Flamingo(Atlantic City)
  • Breakfast included
Rodeway Inn Oceanview(Atlantic City)
Downbeach Inn(Atlantic City)
5,161 results
All reviewscuba libreimax theaterpf changshavana towersfiesta buffetboogie nightsoutdoor poolcomedy clubirish pubocean viewmid weekcorner roomslot machineshotel and casinotable gamesquartercarmines
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed in the north tower with my handicapped sister!!! Room was dated which was ok!! But the thermostat was very touchy you were either to hot or cold now in between!! The toilet seat was falling off which isn't safe!!! The whirlpool tub not working and knob and faceplate falling of the wall! We paid over 300.00 for this room!!! But we were willing to stay another night in a different room!!! But was told it was in same tower and we could not see the room before hand to see if everything was in working order!! Also wouldnot give us the 99 dollar special!! If they are going to give people substandard rooms they should lower the price!! We ended up at showboat which was excellent!! Will not go back to this hotel!!!

Stayed: July 2014
Tropicana R, Director of Marketing at Tropicana Atlantic City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your experience during your stay with us.

Please allow me to apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience you encountered during your stay at the Tropicana. The room product and service issues you describe are not the norm at the Tropicana.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thanks for sharing your comments with us.

Sincerely, David B.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just returned from a visit to the Tropicana casino 7/26/14; enjoyed the Tango lounge except for the closeness to the smoking area. I realize it was a Saturday night but the smell of smoke was everywhere. All the way down the corridor to the Quarter; I was very disappointed, the placement of this smoking area is right in the center of all the activities and unavoidable for non-smokers. Two days later I am still using my inhaler. I hope they consider moving the smoking to the back of the casino where it can be avoided. I'd still go back but not on a crowded Saturday night.

1  Thank mary c
Reviewed 26 July 2014

after reading all of the reviews, I was hesitant to go on this bus trip. I guess all buses go to the same area and guests stay in the west tower. We went to the check in area directly from the bus downstairs and we were greeted by a friendly lady. She gave us our Tropicana card with $30 bonus bucks for gambling. Our room had laminate floors and was freshly painted. Others in our group had "suites" and they had carpet. I didn't feel that it was "dirty" as some wrote in their comments. The Tropicana is huge and confusing, but by the second day we were acclamated to the hotel. Many nice shops. (expensive) Everyone was very friendly. The Irish Pub was nice and the food was good for our evening meals. Breakfast was at the Sea Side and Juan was very efficient and nice and the omlets were great. The pool was on the 6th floor with nice ocean views. You may not take outside drinks in this area. Others in our party enjoyed the tropical drinks they served there. This is a very busy place and elevators are crowded. We used the stairs a few times, but it's a long walk down.
Would I go back? probably no, but been there, done that once was enough for me.
Take your Lysol, though, as we watched the housekeeping "clean" our room and their style is different than the way I clean my house. She was very friendly, although I'm not sure she understood alot of English.

Room Tip: we were in room 4406. We had a slight ocean view and a bay view. No balcony.
1  Thank Nanaiscool
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My husband and I booked a room for one night, taking advantage of the July weekday special. The deal was $89 with a $20 food credit. Then I read the reviews here. I expected a very old, unclean room with an old style TV and no view of the ocean and rude hotel staff. Instead we got a fairly updated clean room with an ocean view and a flat screen TV in the Havana Towers. And about the negative reviews of hotel staff-everyone was friendly and helpful to us. This is a very large resort and it can get very confusing locating things but everyone I asked was more than willing to give us directions to everything. We enjoyed the shopping and restaurants in both the Quarter and Marketplace and the beach in front of the hotel is so nice. I can't comment on the casino because we did not gamble, too many other things to do.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HKDA
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This hotel has by far been the worst hotel experience I have ever had in Vegas-- this is my fourth time here, and for my bachelorette party, so I thought that this would be a fun, inexpensive way to have a REALLY fun weekend. To my surprise, we checked in for a non smoking two queen room, and were told it was not available. The desk clerk then preceded to tell us that we could get a king and a roll in bed for the night-- No way were four of us doing that after we paid for our thee day trip in full.

We were then comped a 25$ voucher, a proceeded to a frozen drink bar where the voucher was not accepted, even though we were not told. After all of this, it took us nearly an hour and half to get into our room, and when we arrived in the room, the faucet was leaking (really loud leaking) from the bathroom. Maintenance was called after after hours of waiting, they came, but the problem was not completely fixed.

The room was dirty, not well kept, and it clearly was a hassle to get in in. Point of the sorry, pay the extra money and stay in a nicer hotel on the strip.

2  Thank Jennifer D

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us.

We are sorry to hear about the disappointment you experienced with your room and the service you received. What you describe is not the norm at the Tropicana Casino & Resort. Please accept our apology for any inconvenienced you experienced.

I have passed your comments onto our Senior Management Team for their review.

Once again, thanks for the review. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you the next time you visit AC.

Sincerely, David B.