“I liked it”

Tropicana Atlantic City
Ranked #13 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Reading a lot of these reviews gets a person pretty nervous thinking about booking a room here. My wife and I went from Aug 23rd to the 24th, I called to book a room because only standard rooms are available on the web site. I booked a Premium King Suite, ended up in the South tower, view of the beach non-smoking room and the room wasn't bad at all. After reading all the reviews on how old and worn out the rooms were I was kinda nervous but the room was better than I expected, not newly renovated but large and clean, no wallpaper missing, no stained carpet no five star mind you but we'll kept and clean bed comfortable but pillows not so much. Bathroom was nice and clean shower had plenty of pressure and got nice and hot. The check in person was very nice and cordial. The casino well smelled like a casino, no surprise there and the Quarters mall was very nice. Had a good time enjoyed everything, it will definitely be back!

Room Tip: Premier king suite south tower non smoking room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (5,066)

Reviewed 23 August 2014

booked for a non smokers room ended up with the opposite. was told the hotel was sold out, so I was stuck.
Am asmatic...first time in atlantic city, was not happy with this hotel, and the fact that I had requested this time of room when I booked online.
Don't think I will use this place again. Im not looking to deal from second hand smoke! by the way, hotel could use some updating...

Room Tip: know that the walls are thin. Above and on the sides and below.
2  Thank erlich5
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Booked this while hostelling around east coast usa. Booked with greyhound lucky something and got $50 coupon for gambling. Location is great, right on the beach and the hotel was clean and really good value. The hotel is huge!! A group of friends should book together! Really long time checking in, maybe 45 mins in a queue. A fantastic break from hostels and our only regret was that we weren't staying longer. A brilliant place

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Arrive fairly late ( about 3:00 P.M.) on a Wednesday and there where a lot of people backed up in valet and check in. Looks like some one finally got a clue with marketing and comps. The room I wanted (south tower) was unavailable, but if I could come back in a hour and a half the North tower would be ready, not what I wanted but my mother was with me and is older and does not walk so good. The room is compted anyway, so I went and played for a while which was good. Went back and the only thing ready was West tower, we said OK, my mom said she could mange the walk ( it is far). The casino need a little sprucing up but it is nice enough. The room looked incompletely renovated, no carpeting, great if I was going to have a frat party. I never stay in the room as I stay up all night gambling, my mom does and for her anything is good.I can only say one thing, the properties that will survive in Atlantic city need to do everything, and I mean everything perfect. There is not excuse for this room! I need to be wowed for the 5 minutes I drop off my bag, the 10 minutes I spend after dinner brushing my teeth and the 2 hours I spend from 9:00 A.M after I bring my mom her mourning coffee and shower, other wise you are amateur hour and I will always say " The Tropicana is good , BUT" You got to get rid of those BUTS before you get you butts kick in. I mean come on guys this is war, you cannot afford to lose, get it together.

Room Tip: Do not get West tower! Do not get north tower too old and is in the mist of renovations however it i...
3  Thank joseph w
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Me and the wife just completed a week at the Tropicana. We don't gamble so we came for the boardwalk and amenities.
The Tropicana had more and plenty to offer, from fine dining to quick bites when it came to food. They have a great pool area and pool along with the view of the ocean. The Quarter/mall was filled with shops, great people and a true Imax theater that was unbeatable!
The room we had in the north tower was up to date with flat screen tv and an OK view of the boardwalk and ocean. It wasn't the best but was good enough.
And last, the service we received at the Trop was great and I definitely want to go back if I can, as long as Atlantic City isn't gone down with all the closing.
So go ahead and take your wife or family and have a grand time at the Trop's!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Enfamale
Reviewed 22 August 2014

My sister booked a twin room and when we go to the hotel we were told that it is first come - first served and that her booking was only a request and not a reservation. She argued her point and tried to stand her ground saying that she was led to believe from the sales representative that she would have a twin bed room. We were given king size bed room and a cot with the promise of moving to a more appropriate room the next morning with a $100 comp. The room we stayed in was $299 for Friday - the same room was going to cost $409 the next day ($309 with the comp), So for $509 we got the following amenities:
No fridge, dust covered ceiling from the air conditioner, stains on the carpet, dust on the bedside tables, scratched and dented furniture, a picture on the wall was in a frame with no glass with creases filled in with marker pen, back of the TV cabinet pulled apart. Motel 6 would have been more attractive at this point! Bathroom was nice. Still we made the best of it and was happy to be close to the beach but for what we got it was really overpriced and the service was awful. Would we go to AC again - sure - but won't stay here. Too bad because we stayed here a few years ago and the accommodation was fantastic :-(

Room Tip: Make sure that you are reserving and not requesting a room to get what you asked for
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We just returned from our trip to Atlantic City and stayed at The Tropicana Hotel. It is located directly across from the beach and amid all restaurants and attractions. Rooms were big and complete with a refrigerator and coffee set up. Beds comfortable and views were great of ocean and city. Room Service was excellent as well! Price was affordable!

Room Tip: Request a room with ocean and city views.
2  Thank Christine876