“Nice place for a cocktail”
Review of The Wine Bar

The Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: The Wine Bar is located just one block from the Sea Streak Ferry.
Description: The Wine Bar is the restaurant on the top floor, and the Harborside Restaurant is on the bottom. I want to review The Wine Bar, but cannot locate it on your site. Here is the website: http://www.ahwinebar.com/
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Stopped here before dinner last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. We sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks in a relaxed atmosphere and soft music in the background, they had someone playing the piano. I always judge a bar by their mixed drinks and my Bombay martini, dirty of course, was excellent. I really liked this place the bartender was great and made us feel very comfortable. Didn't get to try the food or the wine but i will definitely be back to check it out..

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My honey and I visited The Wine Bar after a delicious dinner in the neighborhood. The place is comfortable, elegant, romantic and perfect for just chilling with your guy and having a glass or two of your favorite wine which is exactly what we did. I loved the atmosphere because it was so laid back, semi-private, and very cozy. The other patrons around the room were doing the same thing we were, keeping to themselves, talking at a moderate volume and just chilling out with each other. A really good place to go with a sophisticated group of friends as well. I would also like to mention that the ladies room was impressively clean which is always a perk! Nicely done Wine Bar! We will be back :)

Reviewed 1 March 2013

My husband and I visited The Wine Bar last week for a romantic end of the week dinner. We wanted to try a new place and after looking around, I stumbled onto the restaurant. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it had some great reviews. It was WONDERFUL! I think the name of the restaurant does a disservice. We started with an amazing beet carpaccio with burrata. It was so fresh and so beautifully presented. My husband then had the scallops over risotto and I had the halibut with ratatouille. Both dishes were fresh, delicious and unique. The risotto with the scallops was some of the best I've ever had! For dessert, my husband enjoyed the house made cannoli and I had the molten chocolate cake which is old hat by now, but quite delicious. We even had a great bottle of the Mumm cuvee which I would have again in a heart beat. Everything was really lovely. The restaurant is located on the main drag in Atlantic Highlands, BUT it is located upstairs, so it can be easy to miss. My husband I walked past it at first. The bar area is gorgeous with comfortable seating and an amazing wine list. The service was caring and efficient albeit "green." Our server needed some more fine dining experience and education, but she was kind and helpful which are the most important things. We loved it!

Reviewed 20 February 2013

This is the spot! If you are looking for a chilled out evening at a pristine lounge this is it! Located above the Harborside on First Av in AH this is a super cool place to sample an awesome selection of wines. It is the sort of place where you can meet up with your friends and stay the whole night and hang on the beautiful club sofas that face eachother ...perfect for conversations and sharing tapas. The Tapas menu is out of this world! Just order one of everything and you won't be disappointed! The servers are all excellent and helpful...no snotty tudes like comparable trendy wine bars. You will be greated with a smile and if it isn't too crowded grab a seat by the piano and stay a while! Hopefully this review is helpful...we always have a great night when we go to the Wine Bar.

Reviewed 28 January 2013

We have dined at The Wine Bar for the last several years, and have always had a wonderful experience. As other reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant is beautiful, well appointed and very chic, and both the food and service are exceptional. We celebrated New Year's Eve at The Wine Bar, and had an absolutely fantastic time, with outstanding service and particularly delicious food. Unfortunately, we returned last weekend (with the same friends who dined with us on New Year's Eve), and had a very disappointing experience.
2 of the 4 dinners proved problematic - my husband's dinner was served lukewarm, and my entree was served more than 5 minutes after everyone else had been served. Not only was my dinner luke warm, but it was served with the wrong sides. Eventually, the waitress took both of our dinners back for reheating/correcting, but each dinner came back incorrectly - neither had any sides, and both were still luke warm; eventually the side dishes were brought out, but it was really too late to enjoy them. Much to our delight, however (and to our server's credit), we were treat to dessert on the house.
Obviously, the service fell far short of our expectations, however, since our experiences at The Wine Bar have always been excellent - and a sincere effort was made to acknowledge the evenings missteps, we definitely plan to return again.