“Don't Waste Your Time, Management could care less about their customers.”
Review of Memphis Pigout - CLOSED

Memphis Pigout
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I will start by saying that I do not typically write reviews, and hate to bash a local place. However, I felt compelled to write this review so as to ensure that anyone considering this restaurant has a fair assessment of the place. As others have stated the place is a bit "long in the tooth" to say the least. The décor is tacky and borderline obscene with the year round Christmas tree, and the Pig décor. It had the sense of old and musty place, like a bar that never cleaned up after a college party. The food was bland. The chili had no flavor, and portions were just average. We were a party of 5 people and had selections of BBQ Chicken, Chicken Fingers, Ribs, Bean, and of course the salad bar. Nobody was very fond of anything they ate. The salad bar was just bare minimum and nothing to write home about. The kicker though was the service. All our waitress cared about was who was going to eat what? Apparently there is a no sharing policy of some sort. Down to the point where it made us all feel uncomfortable. For a place with prices already way to high, should they really care about sharing? The value of the food definitely did not warrant this. It didn't end there though. We had a dispute with the waitress on the use of a Restaurant.com certificate, which in turn required a visit with the manager. The manager, believe it or not was even ruder than the waitress. We expressed our displeasure with the visit and the self made policies on using Restaurant.com certificates and he promptly provided us with a "I don't care attitude". Do yourself a favor and find another place to eat in Atlantic Highlands or somewhere in the area. There are way too many better choices for quality, service and management who care about their customers.

2  Thank Noochs21

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Mark and his wife run a great restaurant with the best BBQ around. They Do BBQ!! If you want seafood this is not the place to go, they specialize in ribs to die for, the best pulled pork and the salad bar and side dishes are just great. It does need to be updated but I don't go for the decor, I go for the wonderful things that come out of that kitchen.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

You really cannot go wrong with anything on the menu here, but the barbecued ribs, pulled pork, and barbecue chicken are all excellent. The fries are literally the best I have ever had. I don't even like fries, but I always eat them here. Great steaks, too, and reasonably priced. Portions are generous, and the desserts are so good, especially the seasonal dessert specials. I love eating here! I recommend it to everyone looking for great barbecue, or just great cooking in general.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I am surprised by the mediocre reviews. Although the décor is old; it is clean. The staff is sweet. The menu is limited. The salad bar is decent. It is the baby back ribs that keep me coming back. I travel an hour just to have that delicious meal. It has never disappointed me in the 18 years that I have been going here. I've brought many folks here and they all have the same look on their face when I let them walk in first...they want to turn around and run. The pigs placed all over is quite a conversation starter!! I must also give kudos to the awesome applesauce. It is a true favorite of mine! I wish they stayed open later!!

Reviewed 19 September 2013

The outside of the building and the name drew us in, but we were disappointed at best. The decor is better suited to a preschool or daycare than a BBQ restaurant. The place needs to be updated, and as another reviewer posted very appropriate, a deep-down scrubbing. I ordered the shrimp stuffed flounder. The flounder was bland, but OK, but the shrimp inside it were so overcooked and rubbery it was like putting a piece of tire in your mouth. I ate about half. The baked beans were VERY good, but the salad bar had little to offer other than a multitude of vinegar-based salads. The French fries were soggy and limp and horrible. My husband had the chicken fingers and macaroni and cheese which he said were boring and flavorless. The total bill was $43.00 for two people. Won't recommend to others...were very disappointed.