“Superb”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Seafood with a touch of class and elegance, and flavours to match. In my opinion this is one of the best seafood restaurants this side of the med. The view is on the harbour, the service is good and the ambiance good but not exceptional. Le Mandrac (pronounced Mandrash) was awarded two toques (chef's hat), out of a maximum four, by the influential Gault Millau restaurant guide. I can't recommend it highly enough.

2  Thank al29252
There are newer reviews for Le Mandrac

Reviewed 10 September 2012

We went to a private party at the restaurant. The decor, food and service was exceptional as was the view out to the harbour.

The chef made an appearance and all the waiting staff were very knowledgeable about the food, wine and olive oils.

We had a brilliant time and I would love to go back again.

2  Thank scharteress
Reviewed 16 August 2012

It is almost empty all the time in comparison with the neighbours but the prices are may be better: 150 kuna for set of 3 is not bad! Quality is good

1  Thank 23explorer10
Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

We have eaten all over the world from NYC to Tokyo and while we looked forward to our experience at le mandrac we were disappointed. In Croatia we have grown accustomed to professionally trained waiters who know and execute their craft with flair, but at le mandrac we were surprised to find a teenage boy who was nice but lacked experience in all aspects. He was also the lone waiter for the whole restaurant, making the service run very slow. Out of our three appetizers and two mains we enjoyed only the Fritaja app., while the rest of the food was mediocre at best and portion were tiny even for European standards. Tuna tartare could have been out of a can and the seabass was the worst ever tasted anywhere.
We will stick to simple Croatian grills and konobas that prepare their simple and delicious food without pretensions.
If your in Croatia and want to experience great food. Don't look for a fancy restaurant, go local and casual and you will not be dissatisfied I guarantee it.

1  Thank marleymatt
Reviewed 12 July 2012

At first I must admit finding it hard to walk into a restaurant that looks so out of place here in Croatia. Most often, i've been disappointed with everyones destruction of the beautiful fish this wonderful sea has to offer, not to mention the excuisite fruits and fresh vegetables available from this truly fertile land that surounds, or is surrounded by the adriatic sea!
But as soon as the food started coming, i realized that this jem of a restaurant really exists, and was so impressed with the sea bass raw with endives and there own breads with olive oil really suited my hunger and the extreme heats we've been experiencing lately.
The other dish I tried was the chefs ( deniz zembo's ) own culinery creation, also very tasty with local trufles dominating a dish that looks like a sunny side up egg! I tried some 2008 Merlot that had a wonderful tone and the color was also different, definately the best wine I've tasted in a long time. ( Wish i got the manufacturers name, but knowing Croatia, it was probably some small private vinyard, which is 50% of the market here!
The service was perfect, which surprised me, because i am so used to this lazy approach that dominates most rsetaurants here in croatia.
Thank you I will be back 4 sure!
PS.The desert was a chocolate cake ( With the right mix of some tasty nuts) with some local fruit ice cream that they make themselves, the hot frsehly baked chocolate cake with the ice cold ice cream was creatively simple, yet just to my liking.
Worth every penny!